Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

View Poll Results: The wife says get a Vette, what should I do?
Keep the 1LE, it is awesome and makes the most sense. 45 18.00%
Live the dream, get the Stingray before time runs out. 163 65.20%
Sell the the house and all the cars and live in a trailer in Key West. 42 16.80%
Voters: 250. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-14-2014, 12:28 PM   #127
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
To put this thread to rest my 1LE is getting AGP Twin Turbos this week by RPM in Delaware and later CTSV front brakes. (Maybe the thread was only still hanging in my mind. ) No C7 for me. I suppose there will always be something better. But I do want a back seat. I don't really care about the cheap looking interior so much. Maybe I can improve that later. So the only two issues I have with the Camaro is the weight (made moot by the turbos) and the poor visibility. I can live with that.

The 1LE is a keeper. Happy Birthday to me.

Now about that house on the river......
Old 04-14-2014, 02:20 PM   #128
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
Congrats, any update on dream house. I started looking for mine may take 10 years but I have started.
trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 02:35 PM   #129
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
I would keep the 1LE. An IOM 2013 is pretty rare. I love the Stingrays but that's a lot of money for a car. You know your situation and what you can afford. If possible, like others have said, take a test drive. See if the car feels like it's worth $30K or so more than the 1LE. I know with my 1LE as much as I paid for it I can be too careful about where I take it for fear of something bad happening to it. If you got the Stingray you might treat it like that too, so you might have more fun in your 1LE. Just some thoughts.

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 02:37 PM   #130
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
To put this thread to rest my 1LE is getting AGP Twin Turbos this week by RPM in Delaware and later CTSV front brakes. (Maybe the thread was only still hanging in my mind. ) No C7 for me. I suppose there will always be something better. But I do want a back seat. I don't really care about the cheap looking interior so much. Maybe I can improve that later. So the only two issues I have with the Camaro is the weight (made moot by the turbos) and the poor visibility. I can live with that.

The 1LE is a keeper. Happy Birthday to me.

Now about that house on the river......
Excellent choice. I was in the same dilema except my wife said "you better not get another car!" So I kept my camaro and I am starting to mod the crap out of it, and so far I still agree with my decision to keep it vs c7 trade

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 02:58 PM   #131
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Buy an older vette and keep the Camaro.
Old 04-14-2014, 03:17 PM   #132
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbheat View Post
Excellent choice. I was in the same dilema except my wife said "you better not get another car!" So I kept my camaro and I am starting to mod the crap out of it, and so far I still agree with my decision to keep it vs c7 trade
Awesome car.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:19 PM   #133
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
Congrats, any update on dream house. I started looking for mine may take 10 years but I have started.
Well it's still a long shot. It needs so much work it might be a teardown. Sandy took its toll. But it's family, so it's not like I would bargain. And the people who might get the proceeds really need the money.

So I will wait and see what the market will bear. But if it goes just for the land I will step in and give a fair price if I can rather than see it go to an investor.

I have been advising my uncle to spend the cash to at least make the place look presentable for the market.

The view towards Batsto:

My sister driving and my cousin back in the day. Speed runs in the family.

Last edited by Fraxum; 04-15-2014 at 03:19 PM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:21 PM   #134
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
Buy an older vette and keep the Camaro.
Maybe later. I do like 3rd gens. My nephew has three. Maybe he will part with one.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:24 PM   #135
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

That's my plan, my next car is a C5 or C6 vette.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:18 PM   #136
Fraxum

Quote:
That's my plan, my next car is a C5 or C6 vette.
Yea, you know driving around in the nice weather last weekend I spotted a few C7s and several base C6es and a couple of Grand Sports. I know the C7s are much improved, but the C6es are very fast and to my eyes are much more attractive. An I don't mean just the taillights. I do not understand why all the taillight hate. They are a necessary evil. However C6es rule in the rear and front views. From the side the shape of the C7 wins, but much too busy.

Good deals abound. I will keep my eyes on these too. Grey looked especially good with black wheels.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:18 PM   #137
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
Yea, you know driving around in the nice weather last weekend I spotted a few C7s and several base C6es and a couple of Grand Sports. I know the C7s are much improved, but the C6es are very fast and to my eyes are much more attractive. An I don't mean just the taillights. I do not understand why all the taillight hate. They are a necessary evil. However C6es rule in the rear and front views. From the side the shape of the C7 wins, but much too busy.

Good deals abound. I will keep my eyes on these too. Grey looked especially good with black wheels.
I agree. I like the C7's but I would much rather have a C6 ZO6. I love the way they look. Plus I swore I would never buy a new car again. They just lose to much value. Much better deals on used cars than new.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:23 PM   #138
Cooley

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
I have both. Well, the wife lets me drive the vette sometimes, lol. I say eat ramen soup and have both. Both are great in unique ways.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:47 PM   #139
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooley View Post
I have both. Well, the wife lets me drive the vette sometimes, lol. I say eat ramen soup and have both. Both are great in unique ways.
This is a good plan. Once I finish my 1LE I will need a daily driver a little more sane.

What Corvette do you have? Is it your wife's?

Quote:
I agree. I like the C7's but I would much rather have a C6 ZO6. I love the way they look. Plus I swore I would never buy a new car again. They just lose to much value. Much better deals on used cars than new.
Smart. I should learn from you.

Wow the Stingray is a run away choice!
Old 04-15-2014, 06:22 PM   #140
29er

Drives: 14 1LE Garage King
if you can't sleep at night, if it's all you think of during the day... go get it! get that trailer in key west.. just kidding.lol get the vette!
29er is offline   Reply With Quote