Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-22-2017, 02:16 PM   #1
Nightfall gray ghost

Drives: 2014 ZLI Camaro
Nightfall gray ghost build.

Well, it has taken more than 2 months to complete, but the build is finished and the car is back together awaiting the tune files from ligenfelter.
I originally only wanted to do a stage 1 build, that is, CAI, headers, exhaust pullies, etc...
But the mechanic asked, "since the car is pretty much apart, do you want to do heads and cam now??"
After about a 15 second pause, I said "might as well"
So.....ligenfelter cnc ported the heads, ported and polished supercharger intake, installed different springs and intake valves, and supplied the new blower cam.
All this coupled to American racing s.s. long tubes and a Borla atak exhaust system.
Car is back together and the shop needs to do the tune. I'm about as excited as I have ever been.
I have never heard the new exhaust setup, so now I think it will be awesome with the "stage 1 and stage 2 builds being done all at one time. I will post performance stuff as soon as I have it.
2014 ZL1 with CA I, Ligenfelter ported and polished heads and supercharger, custom hydraulic roller cam, and valves, and springs, 2.55 blower pulley, custom crank pulley, upgraded fuel injectors with booster pump, American Racing long tubes headers with full Borla Atak exhaust system, Autometer digital boost and wide band gauges,custom tune, and some powder coating and airbrushing under the hood for some "splash".
Nightfall gray ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 02:20 PM   #2
Can'tHave2MuchHP
God - Family - Country

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 A10 Coupe in White
Heads/Cam/FBO would typically be qualified as a stage 4 build.

Stage 1) Intake and pulley
Stage 2) Same but add headers (Possibly throttlebodys and porting the blower/snout)
Stage 3) Same but add a Cam (E85, Meth, and other small things can fit in as well)
Stage 4) Same but add Head work (Same variables)
Stage 5) Same but add max effort pulleys if not already, ported blowers if not already done, E85, Meth, etc.

Definitely get us some pictures and videos when you can!
Can'tHave2MuchHP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 03:25 PM   #3
Pogoattack84
Shred Till I'm Dead

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Summit White
Your going to love it! I never used my radio and had the windows down in the texas summer heat every day just to hear the glorious noise.
Pogoattack84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 04:14 PM   #4
Nightfall gray ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogoattack84 View Post
Your going to love it! I never used my radio and had the windows down in the texas summer heat every day just to hear the glorious noise.
I will probably do that as well!
2014 ZL1 with CA I, Ligenfelter ported and polished heads and supercharger, custom hydraulic roller cam, and valves, and springs, 2.55 blower pulley, custom crank pulley, upgraded fuel injectors with booster pump, American Racing long tubes headers with full Borla Atak exhaust system, Autometer digital boost and wide band gauges,custom tune, and some powder coating and airbrushing under the hood for some "splash".
Old 08-22-2017, 04:16 PM   #5
Nightfall gray ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can'tHave2MuchHP View Post
Heads/Cam/FBO would typically be qualified as a stage 4 build.

Stage 1) Intake and pulley
Stage 2) Same but add headers (Possibly throttlebodys and porting the blower/snout)
Stage 3) Same but add a Cam (E85, Meth, and other small things can fit in as well)
Stage 4) Same but add Head work (Same variables)
Stage 5) Same but add max effort pulleys if not already, ported blowers if not already done, E85, Meth, etc.

Definitely get us some pictures and videos when you can!
Then I definitely went right thru to stage 4. Ino my mind, the first half of my build, I was calling "a stage 1 build"
I actually didn't know that actually 4 categories existed in the world of building power.
Old 08-22-2017, 04:17 PM   #6
Nightfall gray ghost

I will post pix and videos.
Old 08-22-2017, 04:19 PM   #7
Nightfall gray ghost

Also added wide band and digital boost gauger in a 2 guges pillar pods. I canthink be lookingreat down at the factory boost gauge when I have my foot in the throttle.

Last edited by Nightfall gray ghost; 10-06-2017 at 10:43 AM.
Old 08-22-2017, 04:21 PM   #8
Nightfall gray ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfall gray ghost View Post
I will probably do that as well!
I also added wide band nd digital boost gauge in a 2 gauge pillar pods. I can't be looking at the factory gauge when I have my foot into it.
Old 10-05-2017, 03:37 PM   #9
Nightfall gray ghost

Got my car back, and it is an awesome ride! I need to find a better way to post pix other than photobucket. All pix are on my phone. Any suggestions on how to upload from my phone gallery?
Old 10-06-2017, 02:13 AM   #10
WYKDZL1

Drives: Ashen gray zl1camaro
Click go advanced and then touch the paperclip icon
WYKDZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 09:55 AM   #11
Nightfall gray ghost

I'm not finding "go advanced"
Old 10-06-2017, 01:14 PM   #12
silversleeper
Some ol' dude

Drives: '13 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfall gray ghost View Post
I'm not finding "go advanced"
on the bottom of the page either quick reply or go advanced buttons, IDK if they have a cell phone page that might have different options than the pc page we are looking at now.
I hate it when I'm on my smartphone and it forces a different html page with less options than the pc page.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:14 PM   #13
GONMAD510

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
Right at the bottom where you input text.
Attached Images

Fast 850cc Injectors, ATI Balancer, 8.66 Lower Pulley, 2.55 Upper Pulley, Lingenfelter CAI, Kooks LT with cat delete pipes, Noweeds Exhaust Cutouts (extremely loud under full throttle), BTR Stage 3 Cam, BTR Platinum 660 Valve Spring Kit, TR7ix Iridium Spark Plugs, Lingenfelter Solid Isolator, 160 Degree Thermostat, Larger SC Coolant Reservoir with Hose Relocation Kit, BMR 1.25" Lowering Springs, MGW Short Throw Shifter, Racing Brake 2 piece rotors front and rear, Starkweather Performance Custom Dyno Tune on 91 Octane.

691.38 RWHP
630.35 RWTQ
GONMAD510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 02:16 PM   #14
Nightfall gray ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post
on the bottom of the page either quick reply or go advanced buttons, IDK if they have a cell phone page that might have different options than the pc page we are looking at now.
I hate it when I'm on my smartphone and it forces a different html page with less options than the pc page.
Ok....I think I got it.....