Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-28-2009, 06:59 AM   #225
LAWMAN

Drives: 2010 cam.2ss/rs.iom,07'escalade esv
i did the same with my ls3..and mine was acting the same as yours, cold natured,jerky shifts at times, i would even start from a stop in second gear at times so that it would be smoother,it sure made a diff. in mine,..and i may be crazy but lastnight it even seemed that the amb.lighting seemed brighter, dont know, may be me...
LAWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:23 AM   #226
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
OK, checking in from yesterday. Was skeptical but hopeful. Pulled the fuses last night and reinstalled them this morning. The drive to work was mind blowing. I thought the car was already full of punch but apparently had no idea what potential it had from a simple procedure. I was asked if this car had the same or better "throw back" in the seat when I punch it as my 1991 Mustang notchback and my response has been: "well, the Camaro does not feel as violent, rather, more refined power". Now I can change that statement. She truly feels violent. I like to start off semi-agressive in 1st, then ease into 2nd gear, then punch it. That's my butt-dyno test. Needless to say...my face did this: . It was so violent, I couldn't believe it. I've got 750 miles on her following the semi-agressive break-in practices and it feels like she just woke up. Also, experienced nice smooth idle and no miss or surge during 1st few minutes of operation this morning like it started doing a few days ago. I'm serious...no placebo effect. I hope it stays this way but if I get poor quality 93 that triggers a change, at least I know what to do to reset it. I have been filling up with 93 and when I took delivery of the car with 9 miles on it, my dealer and I drove the car to fill up with 93 also. But, there was a small amount of gas already in it from the Oshawa plant. Wonder if that was lower grade and caused the issue. Anyway, this is good stuff. Best thread ever!! If you have a 2010 V8 Camaro, you must try this. It seems almost 9 out of 10 people benefit from it.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:41 AM   #227
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
Man I really need to try this... But I need to spend all my fuel frist!
Old 08-28-2009, 07:56 AM   #228
galron70-SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Blk/Blk
Update: Pulled the fuses yesterday at work, let it sit for about 5 hours, and did the drive home. Now at 4pm in Houston, the traffic will not let me really get on it, but here is what I noticed:

From my earlier post, I never felt my L99 was slow, but after a few thousand miles, (3400) I felt it was in a headlock of sorts. Yes it would go, but it never felt as aggressive as it should.

Now, it is like the headlock is gone. Like the posts before, it is more aggressive shifting, I barely put my foot into it and it jumps like a V8 should. It was like night and day.

I took my son to school this morning and really got to nail it getting on the interstate, again, . The car was doing 85 before I knew it, and that was with the peddle half way. (Cant wait to really nail it when I get some open road)

This is no placebo effect. I have been driving this car since June 6 and the same type of peddle mash did not jump like it did this morning.

I would recomend this to anyone that has a L99 and even if you think it is running okay. I did, but now, holy @$@%, I HAVE A MUSCLE CAR NOW.

galron70-SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:20 AM   #229
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ject View Post
Nope, still seems very slugish, put about 30 miles on it yesterday and still no improvement, I'll probably pull the fuses again today all day and see if it goes back to normal.
:( What the hell? This isn't supposed to happen. Wonder if you 'blew' something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edrock View Post
OK, checking in from yesterday. Was skeptical but hopeful. Pulled the fuses last night and reinstalled them this morning. The drive to work was mind blowing. I thought the car was already full of punch but apparently had no idea what potential it had from a simple procedure. I was asked if this car had the same or better "throw back" in the seat when I punch it as my 1991 Mustang notchback and my response has been: "well, the Camaro does not feel as violent, rather, more refined power". Now I can change that statement. She truly feels violent. I like to start off semi-agressive in 1st, then ease into 2nd gear, then punch it. That's my butt-dyno test. Needless to say...my face did this: . It was so violent, I couldn't believe it. I've got 750 miles on her following the semi-agressive break-in practices and it feels like she just woke up. Also, experienced nice smooth idle and no miss or surge during 1st few minutes of operation this morning like it started doing a few days ago. I'm serious...no placebo effect. I hope it stays this way but if I get poor quality 93 that triggers a change, at least I know what to do to reset it. I have been filling up with 93 and when I took delivery of the car with 9 miles on it, my dealer and I drove the car to fill up with 93 also. But, there was a small amount of gas already in it from the Oshawa plant. Wonder if that was lower grade and caused the issue. Anyway, this is good stuff. Best thread ever!! If you have a 2010 V8 Camaro, you must try this. It seems almost 9 out of 10 people benefit from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by galron70-SS/RS View Post
Update: Pulled the fuses yesterday at work, let it sit for about 5 hours, and did the drive home. Now at 4pm in Houston, the traffic will not let me really get on it, but here is what I noticed:

From my earlier post, I never felt my L99 was slow, but after a few thousand miles, (3400) I felt it was in a headlock of sorts. Yes it would go, but it never felt as aggressive as it should.

Now, it is like the headlock is gone. Like the posts before, it is more aggressive shifting, I barely put my foot into it and it jumps like a V8 should. It was like night and day.

I took my son to school this morning and really got to nail it getting on the interstate, again, . The car was doing 85 before I knew it, and that was with the peddle half way. (Cant wait to really nail it when I get some open road)

This is no placebo effect. I have been driving this car since June 6 and the same type of peddle mash did not jump like it did this morning.

I would recomend this to anyone that has a L99 and even if you think it is running okay. I did, but now, holy @$@%, I HAVE A MUSCLE CAR NOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkwpc View Post
Man I really need to try this... But I need to spend all my fuel frist!
Why, have you been putting low grade in it?
Old 08-28-2009, 08:30 AM   #230
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post

Why, have you been putting low grade in it?
No I have not. 91 only, but I just want to make sure I have 91 only in there just in case my dealer put 87. I only got 730 miles on it so far...
Old 08-28-2009, 08:35 AM   #231
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
[QUOTE=irpq11;852760]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warr3nc View Post

Great find man.

But I would change that from 'slightly' to 'significantly'

Either way I feel vindicated.
I feel a new thread needs to be started... not by me, cus it would look pompous of me to do so. but to all the NAYSAYERS who said that running 87 in the SS wouldnt hinder performance:

I dont know how many years I've argued the premium over regular for the top end cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ject View Post
Nope, still seems very slugish, put about 30 miles on it yesterday and still no improvement, I'll probably pull the fuses again today all day and see if it goes back to normal.
where did you fill up?
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:41 AM   #232
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkwpc View Post
No I have not. 91 only, but I just want to make sure I have 91 only in there just in case my dealer put 87. I only got 730 miles on it so far...

[QUOTE=CamaroSpike23;854973]
Quote:

I feel a new thread needs to be started... not by me, cus it would look pompous of me to do so. but to all the NAYSAYERS who said that running 87 in the SS wouldnt hinder performance:

I dont know how many years I've argued the premium over regular for the top end cars.

where did you fill up?

How can someone 'nay say' after the vids? I would have had to 'botch' the first on purpose.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:53 AM   #233
Dakota Kid

Drives: 2010 2SS/RJT/L99
I'm doing the 5 and 20 yank tonight and will report back results here tomorrow.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:54 AM   #234
Keith Kinkaid
"So you're my guardian?"

Drives: Bumblebee/2 SS RS
Quote:
Any better?

L99?
Yeah L99

"Can You Talk"..."So You Talk Through The Radio"
Keith Kinkaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:55 AM   #235
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Yeah Randy and I both had a talk about all the naysayers and telling us we did not know how to drive and his 21" wheels was the cause.

GUESS NOT HUH
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 08:56 AM   #236
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Kid View Post
I'm doing the 5 and 20 yank tonight and will report back results here tomorrow.
Let us know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Kinkaid View Post
Yeah L99
And?
Old 08-28-2009, 09:05 AM   #237
Keith Kinkaid
"So you're my guardian?"

Drives: Bumblebee/2 SS RS
Quote:
Let us know.

And?
I haven't put them back in yet, I'm going to do it when I get home from work today.

"Can You Talk"..."So You Talk Through The Radio"
Keith Kinkaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 09:11 AM   #238
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Kinkaid View Post
I haven't put them back in yet, I'm going to do it when I get home from work today.