Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-15-2010, 04:47 PM   #43
RAdams
Car Guy

Drives: '08 Mustang GT, '01 Isuzu VehiCROSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abygale View Post
LOL, I was actually going to say something about Oklahoma in my previous post. I was soooo glad when they finally posted the "Slower Traffic Keep Right" signs in Oklahoma. It seems to have helped some but occasionally I still run into the old farm boy that thinks the left lane is for the slow traffic. LOL
I REALLY dislike the "Slower Traffic Keep Right" terminology because it allows people to justify their actions by saying, "Well, I'm not slower than the speed limit, so I'm ok." I've had the opportunity ONE time to pass on the right and stick my arm out the driver's window pointing to one of those signs. The Left Laner never moved right for as long as I could see their car in the rearview. "Left Lane for Passing Only" is clearer.

But, the real problem is: half the people don't know the rules and the other half don't care. I took a 3-hour trip in OK with a driver who wouldn't get out of the left lane because "It's smoother since less people drive in it." I felt embarrassed the entire trip.
RAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 04:50 PM   #44
CPanther95

Drives: Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
42 in a 40 will definitely cause a lot of angst - especially in the left lane.

New Jersey does it right (how often do you hear that? ). "Drive Right, Pass Left" is the law, not a suggestion - and they do ticket you if you are not passing someone to the right of you.

CPanther95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:07 PM   #45
JohnInSoCal

Drives: RJT L99 500HP
still hasn't happened to me once
JohnInSoCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 06:01 PM   #46
flyby

Drives: 2010 Silver SS
Hold up a couple hundred dollar bills, they will slink away. If that does not work just slow down and laugh at them.
flyby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 06:43 PM   #47
ScottZ28

Drives: 10 RS-71 Z28 RS-97 30th Anniv Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
I have had them come flying up behind me while I was passing a line of traffic.. I may be doing 5 MPH faster than the line I am passing and the dummy behind me wants to do 20 MPH faster flashing their lights and waving at me, I am not obligated to speed up or move over if I am in the act of passing already doing over the posted limit (but not overly faster), and no amount of flashing of lights are going to make me go faster, I will get over as soon as I safely get past them... then sometimes these people are so much in a hurry they will jerk their car over into the right lane and speed around before I have time to safely pull back into the right lane..

Seems like people do not know how far you should be in front of the car after you pass before safely pulling back into that lane.. lots of people think they are on a racetrack and as soon as your bumper clears theirs it is fine to jump into their lane...
Yes, those people drive me nuts too but those are not the people I'm talking about. It's the people who do not move over after they are safely around the car in the right lane. They just continue to stay in the left lane. If no one is in the right lane you should not have to use that lane to get around somebody who is camped out in the left lane.
ScottZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 06:57 PM   #48
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottZ28 View Post
Yes, those people drive me nuts too but those are not the people I'm talking about. It's the people who do not move over after they are safely around the car in the right lane. They just continue to stay in the left lane. If no one is in the right lane you should not have to use that lane to get around somebody who is camped out in the left lane.
Essentially, if someone is able to pull into the right lane (or middle lane) and pass you on the right then pull back into the left lane, then you have failed in your DUTY to keep right except to pass...because there was room to pull over.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:37 PM   #49
BlackBetty

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss
People are always wanting to race, Any kind of car, truck, minivan. I think it's kinda funny. I don't waste my time. I know what I've got and thats all that matters.
BlackBetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:46 PM   #50
slacker
Troubled 40 something

Drives: 2010 IOM RS/SS M6
So far, every Mustang that has pulled up next to me has tried to stay right in my blind spot. One guy in a Vette pulled up and wanted to race while I was driving on the feeder, I waved him off. He took off in a flash, only to notice a cop driving along the freeway next to him. He probably felt like a TOOL....
Old 02-15-2010, 08:06 PM   #51
92z28

Drives: 1992 camaro z28
I get a lot of race challenges in my car, i can't imagine how many you all get..
92z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:12 PM   #52
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by full of days View Post
I learned this the hard way about 10 years ago as a kid in high school... A 4th gen SS camaro with mirror black tint was egging me on to race at a stop light in my home town. Guy was revving his engine and I dropped the clutch in my Prelude only to find out a minute later that the guy was an undercover Sherriff and I got a 6 pt ticket and court costs, fees, troubles et al.
This is the kind of cop that gives cops a bad name.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:13 PM   #53
Rafsanjani
What now Bitches?

Drives: 2013 SW ZL1
All the time. Ricers, SUV's, Stangs, Kids with dad's car (all types), just ignore them and do my own thing. Just tells me they are too chicken to get on an actual track in front of witnesses while they get their ass kicked.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:54 PM   #54
EdRedCamaro2
4BC Motorsports

Drives: 2010 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
I get it all the time. Just ignore them and they will move on. if you want to see what your car (and you as a driver) can do, take it to a track.
I totally agree! I've had Mustang GTs and even a Dodge Cummins diesel (!) try to race me on the highway. Once, it was a Mustang GT in rush hour traffic. Are you totally nuts? Weaving through traffic? Yeah, that proves a lot about your car. Not so much about driver intellect. I would love to politely ask them to come to our next autocross event in a safe environment and on equal terms. Any time.

Also, don't discount the idea that some people are not really getting you to race at a traffic light. They might just want to hear the beautiful noise that our 6.2L emits. I've done that myself a few times in the past, before I bought this SS. I just wanted to hear a 370Z, Cobra R, Viper, etc. It can be a sign of admiration. At least, it was from my perspective!
Arrived 9/24/09

"In racing, they say that your car goes where your eyes go...I know it's true; racing doesn't lie" The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
EdRedCamaro2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:42 PM   #55
JHart
I haz camaro again :)

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS
i usually just give them a thumbs down, or if our windows are down, i tell em i'm not interested in wasting my gas to prove i can outrun you when i know i can. one guy in a 2nd gen stock n/a eclipse's response to this was "you scurred homie". he proceeded to drop his auto from d to 1 and chirp tires right by a trooper, as i eased on by pointin and laughin. it takes alot to hold back bein 17 years old and everybody at my school knowin the car is mine, but i've earned alot of respect from the people in my town and my dad(who's a local city cop). it's worth it just to sit back, or take it to the track. alot safer, and the precision it takes to get a good time at the track is a game all in itself.

2010 silverado z71 ccsb(sold, old dd)
2010 camaro1ss(sold, missed, will have another someday)
JHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:49 PM   #56
RedJewel2SS
12.23s@113mph

Drives: 2SS/RS, A6, just a few bolt ons
i had a guy in a cobra try and race me on the streets, long story short he nearly rear ended me, and when he was changing lanes to try and fly by me, he lost control and side swiped a truck

RIP Cammie 7/15/2009 - 4/1/2011
RedJewel2SS is offline   Reply With Quote