Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 09-09-2008, 03:23 AM   #1
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
SATX Officer Shootings

This thread is not meant to stir up crap about "I hate police officers" and about how "I like to generalize because that's what I do and all officers are corrupt." This thread is about something that officers, when they put on the uniform, have to come to realize could happen to them.

Three San Antonio officers were shot in one day in two seperate incidents. One suspect killed, another critically wounded, and the last is in unknown condition. All officers made it out alive.

But, here you go...read if you are interested. And thank an officer when you see them one day for putting their life on the line to protect you. It happens. Sometimes three times in one day...

http://www.ksat.com/news/17424617/detail.html

http://www.ksat.com/news/17419023/detail.html
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 03:37 AM   #2
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
I don't mean to sound like jerk or disrespect but that's nothing compared to what happens just south of the border of you guys. (I used to live in El Paso). There are many people getting killed daily just south of my old hometown. I think one weekend there were 20 dead and the count is close to 900 just this year. Many of them are corrupt cops and cartel members but there are some innocent bystanders. I think something should be done in texas and california before more of this violence leaks over.
I have the outmost respect for our officers who keep us safe from this type of crap.
Milk 1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:01 AM   #3
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Whenever people say "i hate cops" i tell them.well then the next time your in trouble call a crackhead and see how that works out for you.I have major respect for police officers,even when i get a ticket(although its been about 5 years since i got one).
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:27 AM   #4
MerF
Go Rays!

Drives: 03 Trailblazer
I'm sure there's a following that says that these slimes of society are the victims somehow.

Or the families of the CRIMINALS will go on TV boo-hooing about how special their child was.

And I will gladly laugh in their face and high-five the officers who shot them.
MerF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:14 AM   #5
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
First for the three Officers that were shot and survived , I'm glad they get to see their families. I have a very deep respect for them. I've As for the suspect that was killed , I hope the other two follow close behind. Sorry, if that sounded blunt, but I'm sick of these little freaks getting off only to do the same thing again.
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 01:44 PM   #6
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
I don't mean to sound like jerk or disrespect but that's nothing compared to what happens just south of the border of you guys.
Oh, I know it...and no disrespect taken.
Quote:
(I used to live in El Paso). There are many people getting killed daily just south of my old hometown. I think one weekend there were 20 dead and the count is close to 900 just this year. Many of them are corrupt cops and cartel members but there are some innocent bystanders. I think something should be done in texas and california before more of this violence leaks over.
I have the outmost respect for our officers who keep us safe from this type of crap.
And in my opinion, THIS (bolded response) is the problem. Corrupt cops getting killed? With all due respect, and I don't want to turn this into that type of thread, but I view corrupt cops as gang members w/ uniforms who carry around guns out in public legally.

They are always supposed to do the right thing, but often do not...and doing the wrong thing has consequences....from cartel bosses. So, corrupt officers dying by the hands of their cartel boss is, IMO, not the same as an honest, hard working, respectable, police officer who is either: according to the links above....

1. Attempting to serve a search/arrest warrant for a criminal (on numerous offenses) so messed up that he's willing to shoot two police officers...OR

2. Another police officer who's attempting to take into custody burglars who broke into someone's house, burglarized it, stole the owners vehicle, and then tried beating/killing the officer as he was trying to take the bad guys into custody.

With all due respect, these two examples would have nothing to do w/ being corrupt. They have everything to do w/ trying to take the bad guys off the streets.

I am in no way trying to be argumentative with you....no way at all. I don't think anyone being killed is okay. I'm not trying to justify anything either. I think those guys down in Mexico have to "fix" a lot of things before they can move ahead. Part of that is getting rid of the corrupt ones...and keep them from coming back. Also, the officers need to get paid well enough so they don't get "turned to the darkside." Obviously, many can be turned to criminals simply by offering some good money. We all know what happens then. So, I see officers (corrupt) that could begin acting as body guards for cartels and what happens? They get into shootings and die.

So, #'s of officer deaths are up IMO due a corrupt %'age of officers...similar to what you said.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 02:28 PM   #7
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I certainly agree that lawmen/women need to be respected. Although when I've gotten tickets, at the time, I wasn't a happy camper, and honestly, when I would reflect, I could see where I was doing wrong (with the exception of one time where I was being profiled.) However, when I think about the kinds of people officers have to deal with day-in-and-day-out, I can't but think that they probably have a good reason for every action they take. I'm being profiled for a reason (because of people who own cars like mine drive like ****s) and although I don't really agree with it, there's a reason. Hey, if I had the power to do something in my community to affect a good change and keep everyone safer I'd be willing to do it. I know I couldn't do the job, so:

Thanks to the Man

For the record, I had tried out two times for CHP (passed the written and physical tests but failed the eye test; went back a year later with contacts, passed all tests and score 94% on the interview but didn't make it past the "random" computer selection)

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 03:43 PM   #8
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Cops aren't hired to be friendly. They are hired to enforce the law. I don't like the way laws are prioritized sometimes, and I definitely don't like getting singled out due to my age, car, or music, but that's the price I'll pay for youth, a fast car (when I get one), and listening to some of the stuff on my playlists.

They aren't breaking the law most of the time. We are. Oftentimes, we break the law out of habit without realizing it, and changing our illegal habits is annoying; however, it is the officer's job to let us know that we are doing wrong.

Most of the problem lies in the laws that are getting enforced. Maybe the speed limit should be higher or that stop sign you hate should really be a yield sign. It is your responsibility as a constituent to lobby for the legal changes that you want. The cop just enforces the law as it is today.

Don't hate cops for doing their jobs. You'll hate them a lot more when they start doing things against their jobs.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 03:44 PM   #9
dayvedayve

Drives: 2006 Chevy Avalanche
All I gotta say is 3 word's

"Back The Blue"

Even when they wear black/tan/brwn/green and Red (for our members to the north)
dayvedayve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 05:32 PM   #10
TRIXXTERR

Drives: 96 Z28(sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
Whenever people say "i hate cops" i tell them.well then the next time your in trouble call a crackhead and see how that works out for you.I have major respect for Law Enforcement Officers.
Yeah.. I Have Noticed That too.... Nobody Likes the cops Until they Need One..
I Personally Have Two LEO's In My Family.. So I Know What To expect from One If/When i get pulled Over.. Be Honest, Curtious and Most The Times Will Be All Right. Hell The Small town I Grew Up In. The Locals Were More Like our friends than Most Other Adults.. I Remember 2 that would meet up with us kids @ the 7-11 and play video games with us(while between calls or on lucnh). Just Made For GREAT Public relations..Guess Times Have changed..ALOT!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayvedayve View Post
All I gotta say is 3 word's

"Back The Blue"

Even when they wear black/tan/brwn/green and Red (for our members to the north)
TRIXXTERR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 06:56 PM   #11
nester7929
Rice Harvester

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
Quote:
I don't mean to sound like jerk or disrespect but that's nothing compared to what happens just south of the border of you guys. (I used to live in El Paso). There are many people getting killed daily just south of my old hometown. I think one weekend there were 20 dead and the count is close to 900 just this year. Many of them are corrupt cops and cartel members but there are some innocent bystanders. I think something should be done in texas and california before more of this violence leaks over.
Juarez is intense. I've worked as a missionary there before.
nester7929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:24 PM   #12
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by nester7929 View Post
Juarez is intense. I've worked as a missionary there before.
I still have family there so i visit them whenever i can. but it's hard when you're always worried about your family or getting shot yourself. Hopefully my uncle can get his visa now.
Milk 1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 03:19 PM   #13
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Cops aren't hired to be friendly. They are hired to enforce the law. I don't like the way laws are prioritized sometimes, and I definitely don't like getting singled out due to my age, car, or music, but that's the price I'll pay for youth, a fast car (when I get one), and listening to some of the stuff on my playlists.

They aren't breaking the law most of the time. We are. Oftentimes, we break the law out of habit without realizing it, and changing our illegal habits is annoying; however, it is the officer's job to let us know that we are doing wrong.

Most of the problem lies in the laws that are getting enforced. Maybe the speed limit should be higher or that stop sign you hate should really be a yield sign. It is your responsibility as a constituent to lobby for the legal changes that you want. The cop just enforces the law as it is today.

Don't hate cops for doing their jobs. You'll hate them a lot more when they start doing things against their jobs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIXXTERR View Post
Yeah.. I Have Noticed That too.... Nobody Likes the cops Until they Need One..
I Personally Have Two LEO's In My Family.. So I Know What To expect from One If/When i get pulled Over.. Be Honest, Curtious and Most The Times Will Be All Right. Hell The Small town I Grew Up In. The Locals Were More Like our friends than Most Other Adults.. I Remember 2 that would meet up with us kids @ the 7-11 and play video games with us(while between calls or on lucnh). Just Made For GREAT Public relations..Guess Times Have changed..ALOT!!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote