Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 04-15-2008, 07:02 AM   #85
willisit

Drives: Vauxhall Monaro VXR
From a European point of view:

She's not small - but luckily (I think) she holds her obvious weight well. The suspension looks very soft but again, the chassis seems to be keeping the roll and bouncing down very well too. I like what I see (I can't hear it as I'm at work) and she looks fan-tastic in motion.

Given that it's at least 2/3 years before I can get my grubby mitts on one, I shall enjoy watching/seeing you guys get hold of this lovely car!

In the meantime I'll go look at my "can't-afford-to-run-it-because-the-UK-sucks" Monaro. :(
2001 Honda CBR 600 F
willisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 08:32 AM   #86
MattG
Z/28 or Bust!

Drives: First Camaro: '69 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega94 View Post
I humbly disagree with your statement about the SS following GM's current badging...or whatever you're saying. I'm not sure exactly what you mean by current badging schedule...but if you mean what I think you mean, then I disagree. SPECULATION is ALL that we have in the way of SS vs. Z28. My opinion...is that SS will remain the highest trim level. THAT is the direction that Chevy has taken over the last oh...I don't know...12 years or so? Camaro SS, Cobalt SS, Impala SS, Trailblazer SS, Silverado SS, Monte Carlo SS...
For non-sports coupes, the SS is the top of the line performance-wise, sure. But there's no Corvette SS... they use a Z designation - Z06, and ZR1.

As many folks have said, all we really have is speculation. Some folks say they have an inside source and the SS will be supercharged, and some folks say they have an inside source the Z/28 will be supercharged. But we really don't know... for all we know they're BOTH right and the Z/28 will be a handling package only available on the supercharged powerplant. (I don't think that's right, just saying anything is possible at this point! )

I think some of the inside sources are real, and some are not, but I have no way of knowing which are which. Scott is clearly enjoying sitting back and watching us squirm, so we'll just have to wait and see.
MattG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 08:48 AM   #87
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG View Post
For non-sports coupes, the SS is the top of the line performance-wise, sure. But there's no Corvette SS... they use a Z designation - Z06, and ZR1.
i believe that when they chose the Zr1 nameplate to go with they debated as SS name, but they decided that the corvette...any corvette is a SuperSport, and they didn't want to name it SS for that reason because all corvettes are supersports... dont remember where i read that at but i could probably find it again..besides i'm happy that the ZR1 name is coming back to corvette...
Old 04-15-2008, 09:02 AM   #88
MattG
Z/28 or Bust!

Drives: First Camaro: '69 Z28
I'm saying, if they use the Z designations for the corvette, they may do it for the camaro also... after all, this car is largely influenced by 1st gen.
MattG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:04 AM   #89
balonywolf

Drives: 1996 Jeep Cherokee
Send a message via AIM to balonywolf
I think people could make a case for either the Z28 or the SS as top dog and be right. I think the prestige of both nameplates have hit a point where they're more parallel to each other than one being on top.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:08 AM   #90
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by balonywolf View Post
I think people could make a case for either the Z28 or the SS as top dog and be right. I think the prestige of both nameplates have hit a point where they're more parallel to each other than one being on top.
agreed lets just be happy their bringing back the CAMARO!!!!!!!
Old 04-15-2008, 09:45 AM   #91
Omega94

Drives: 1994 Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG View Post
I'm saying, if they use the Z designations for the corvette, they may do it for the camaro also... after all, this car is largely influenced by 1st gen.
They have used Z designations (as you put it) for the Camaro for what...every year it was in production?? So of course they may do it the Camaro...But in the case of the 1st Gen, the Z/28 and the SS were both at the top. The Z/28 was the best all-arounder and the SS was king at the drag strip...

On the other side, you can't just base decisions like this on history alone. I understand that aside from the 4th Gen Camaro SS the rest of the SS' weren't "sport coupes" but that's besides the point. This is now...and the truth of the matter is that 'SS' designates Chevy's top of the line. Forget the Corvette because it is truly in a league of it's own, so to speak. Additionally, there was once a Corvette SS...just for information's sake.

Once again, I don't honestly care which title is used...but it's already been decided...gotta go, time for classes!

1994 Camaro 3.4l V6, 5-speed, SLP Loudmouth I cat-back exhaust.
It's loud, slow as all get out, but loud
No more money going into this one...everything's being saved for my 5th Gen.
2010 Camaro SS 6-speed, Black/Black
Omega94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:24 AM   #92
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave One View Post
With all due respect... how so?

Wouldnt they want to introduce that kind of technology on a high profile vehicle like the New Camaro??
I know history has shown us so far that Corvette gets everything first and the Camaro gets the hand me downs...

but did not Mr. Scott say to... "Forget everything you know about engines??" (or something very close to that:P)
Yeah, he did say that. And yes, it would make sense to pop the first of the Generation V small blocks into the Camaro among the first recipients.

But the Gen V's aren't supposed to go into production until 2011. So I'm more willing to believe that there will be yet another variant of the LS3 (be it with AFM/E85 or whatever) that doesn't exist right now - that will be put into the Camaro.
Old 04-15-2008, 11:33 AM   #93
Jay

Drives: Audi A4
come on girlies.... stop arguing over some badges.... and start drooling at the video again.

"HEAVEN JUST COULDN'T HANDLE ALL THE NOISE"
JAY
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 12:49 PM   #94
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
come on girlies.... stop arguing over some badges.... and start drooling at the video again.
NEVER! Even after it gets announced that the _____ is top dog, the debate will rage on.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:07 PM   #95
Killer CamAro

Drives: 06 cobalt ss, 1968 camaro ss
Isn't the Camaro Inspired by the 1st gen. So it would only make sense to make the Z/28 and SS reletivley equal. The only difference would be that the SS would have more horsepower
But this is my speculation thats what this whole site is for speculation... until Fbodfather come and lays all our worries to rest.
Old 04-15-2008, 01:52 PM   #96
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Poor RS badge.... nobody talks about the RS. :(

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 02:33 PM   #97
smokn'

Drives: Banana boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by GothamCamaro View Post
Poor RS badge.... nobody talks about the RS. :(

while where at it, let's just make an IROC! and omega, i'm guessing your referring 2 the 1957 concept corvette ss, which never made it to production. other than that, i don't think there's ever been an ss vette. oh, and 100th post!
smokn' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 02:40 PM   #98
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Didn't someone mention Berlinetta?...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote