Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 01-07-2016, 12:45 PM   #71
Driveshaftshop

Drives: own more cars than i can list
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcnairbear View Post
Yeah i just noticed lmao. Im retarded
Still getting used to the forums. New to this.
But it would be cool if they did lol

We do, what can i help with
Driveshaftshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 03:11 PM   #72
Mcnairbear

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS, twin turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driveshaftshop View Post
We do, what can i help with
Wow, hello sir thank you for the response.

I have '12 ss w/ hellion tt. All in all im going for 1000whp. I wanted to upgrade my rearend, subframe, axle, and driveshaft. I was entertained with the notion that i could swap out stock for the zl1 drivetrain assemply (with the 3.73) gears. I followed up and got an opinion from another relutable company to hear that 3.73 and 3.91 are a bit much for this power and to stick with the stock 3.45.
Regardless im going to upgrade the axles to zl1. I would like to know your thoughts on the entire zl1 drivetrain with 3.73.
Mcnairbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 05:23 PM   #73
Driveshaftshop

no not really, you will have all the same components as the single, the tube being shorter i guess could be considered stronger but its not really a consideration as its a small difference. actually with a 2 part shaft you have to have a hanger bearing, with the Unibody of the car this has to be a very soft rubber as its bolted to the floor and if made stiff would vibrate, this hanger is kind of "fragile" and may actually make the 2 part shaft less strong.
Old 01-07-2016, 10:14 PM   #74
Mcnairbear

Quote:
no not really, you will have all the same components as the single, the tube being shorter i guess could be considered stronger but its not really a consideration as its a small difference. actually with a 2 part shaft you have to have a hanger bearing, with the Unibody of the car this has to be a very soft rubber as its bolted to the floor and if made stiff would vibrate, this hanger is kind of "fragile" and may actually make the 2 part shaft less strong.
Oh so the driveshaft from the zl1 is a 2-part shaft? I would rather stick with a solid shaft. But my stock single.shaft will not bolt up to the zl1 back axle, will it?
Old 01-09-2016, 05:53 AM   #75
Driveshaftshop

Quote:
Oh so the driveshaft from the zl1 is a 2-part shaft? I would rather stick with a solid shaft. But my stock single.shaft will not bolt up to the zl1 back axle, will it?

All of the Camaro's are 2 piece shafts, you can use the stock front and a ZL1 back if you can get it.
Old 01-09-2016, 06:14 AM   #76
Driveshaftshop

Quote:

All of the Camaro's are 2 piece shafts, you can use the stock front and a ZL1 back if you can get it.
Old 01-10-2016, 02:18 AM   #77
Mcnairbear

Quote:
Ty ty. Youve been quite helpful.