Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 08-03-2021, 08:16 AM   #1
Blueforce

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS 6M
Question Looking for subframe cradle bolt and washer. Need bad

Greetings.

I was hoping someone can help me find the bolts(about 6 inches long) and the washers that hold the subframe cradle onto the car. I lost one and the other 3 were loose so I almost lost my entire rear suspension. It was flopping around back there which isn't good.

I have searched online everywhere, GM parts direct, gm warehouse, I've called the dealerships and I have aquired the bolt, GM dealership and several of the customer service people I have talked to online claim the washer is an aftermarket part but I don't believe it is. I still need the washer at the least. I want a spare or two if I can get them just in case. Here's a picture of what I'm looking for.

1 7/8 Dynatech headers -- Hi flow cats -- Full 3" Borla Atak cat back -- CAI Intake -- Bo White PTB -- Jannety Tune
Blueforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 08:28 AM   #2
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Check post #2
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showt...e#post11049256
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 09:10 AM   #3
kevint

Drives: 2013 1SS
If you have a spare vehicle, pop one bolt out and take it to a hardware store. It's most likely a standard grade 10.9 metric bolt and washer.
kevint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 09:52 AM   #4
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Searching on here, the bolt specs are m16-2x127. He might have trouble finding one a most hardware stores even if he went to a 130 or 140mm length. Fastenal has them but they cost about the same as oem. Same with EBAY, about the same price.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 10:45 AM   #5
kevint

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
Searching on here, the bolt specs are m16-2x127. He might have trouble finding one a most hardware stores even if he went to a 130 or 140mm length. Fastenal has them but they cost about the same as oem. Same with EBAY, about the same price.
Yeah, McMaster has them between $3.XX and $12.XX depending on coating and length of thread. That's just how much they cost, it seems--not much markup because GM. I guess the best option at this point is whatever OP can get the quickest.
Old 08-03-2021, 02:53 PM   #6
fz4k98

Drives: 2013 1ss
if your talking about the large cup that holds the bushing, good luck. Mine was damaged and dealer said i had to order the entire cradle to get one as it is part of the component.

They said to try a junkyard and see if they would sell one for me. I ended up reforming mine and reusing it. Dont know it a junkyard will part with one or not as i didnt try.
fz4k98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 07:51 PM   #7
Blueforce

Yeah I'm mostly in need of the sunken washer thing. I finally got the bolt after like a week of trying. Washer is another story but I called a parts yard and they claim they are sending me some and I guess we'll see what happens when they arrive. Took several hours of searching but I find a parts place by accident searching through Camaros and it worked out.

1 7/8 Dynatech headers -- Hi flow cats -- Full 3" Borla Atak cat back -- CAI Intake -- Bo White PTB -- Jannety Tune

Last edited by Blueforce; 08-03-2021 at 10:39 PM.
Old 08-04-2021, 07:00 AM   #8
kevint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueforce View Post
Yeah I'm mostly in need of the sunken washer thing. I finally got the bolt after like a week of trying. Washer is another story but I called a parts yard and they claim they are sending me some and I guess we'll see what happens when they arrive. Took several hours of searching but I find a parts place by accident searching through Camaros and it worked out.
Sorry, I missed the part about the washer. Good luck.
Old 08-04-2021, 03:18 PM   #9
Blueforce

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
Thanks man! If the parts I receive from the part guy aren't the right parts I'll contact this guy and see if he still has them.

Old 08-18-2021, 10:06 AM   #10
Blueforce

Update: I found the bolts and washers from a parts yard for really cheap and they are perfect for what I need. I guess the solution is to look into parts yard for stuff if you need anything.

Old 08-18-2021, 12:07 PM   #11
kevint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueforce View Post
Update: I found the bolts and washers from a parts yard for really cheap and they are perfect for what I need. I guess the solution is to look into parts yard for stuff if you need anything.
way to follow up!

Tags
bolt, cradle, subframe, washer