Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 03-13-2010, 11:39 PM   #15
BUMBLEB
IN GOD WE THRUST

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS RS M6 TVS2300 2015 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
I think BMR might
I may get a set from BMR and try them they look a little diffrent and may isolate the noise better?
Old 03-14-2010, 08:48 AM   #16
Jarhead
Semper Fi Camaro

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Aqua Blue LS3 Gauge PKG
I've got the BMR trailing arms and bushings on order. Should have them inhand Monday or Tuesday. I plan to put them in Thursday or Friday. I'll post a response by this weekend to let you all know the outcome.

Currently I have no whine or noises that have my "feelers up". All is normal.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:14 PM   #17
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
I've got the BMR trailing arms and bushings on order. Should have them inhand Monday or Tuesday. I plan to put them in Thursday or Friday. I'll post a response by this weekend to let you all know the outcome.

Currently I have no whine or noises that have my "feelers up". All is normal.
Put my trailing arms on today... see link in my sig for help! I havent driven it yet to see if the whine is worse...

Also, the "bushings" you speak of... are they the differential mount bushings or the outer trailing arm bushings? If you just order the trailing arms, you keep the OEM rubber bushings, you have to order the outer bushings seperate. Just wondering what bushings your talking about...
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:53 PM   #18
BUMBLEB
IN GOD WE THRUST

Quote:
Put my trailing arms on today... see link in my sig for help! I havent driven it yet to see if the whine is worse...

Also, the "bushings" you speak of... are they the differential mount bushings or the outer trailing arm bushings? If you just order the trailing arms, you keep the OEM rubber bushings, you have to order the outer bushings seperate. Just wondering what bushings your talking about...
The 3 differential mount bushings on the actual differential housing
Old 03-14-2010, 12:55 PM   #19
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUMBLEB View Post
The 3 differential mount bushings on the actual differential housing
Right, the question about the bushings was for jarhead. I know what you have. He speaks of trailing arms and bushings and am curious what bushings he means.

I have the 3 Pfadt diff bushings and the whine you have also.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:34 PM   #20
BUMBLEB
IN GOD WE THRUST

:(
Quote:
Right, the question about the bushings was for jarhead. I know what you have. He speaks of trailing arms and bushings and am curious what bushings he means.

I have the 3 Pfadt diff bushings and the whine you have also.
:( My bad
Old 03-14-2010, 06:34 PM   #21
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
:(

:( My bad
Oh, no worries.. BTW do you have factory 3.45s whinning?
Old 03-14-2010, 07:30 PM   #22
mtcwby
High on "The Camaro Life"

Drives: 2010 2SS, IOM, LS3, Vortech, LG cam
Send a message via AIM to mtcwby
I've got the BMR trailing arms and Pfadt Diff bushings, and have no whine what so ever. There is absolutely no difference in sound or ride from OEM, I'm very happy with my bushings.
Now that being said, I installed the Pfadt Engine mounts, and there is definitely vibration coming through the pedals and steering wheel that wasn't there before. It settled down a bit after a thousand miles or so, but still noticeable. But it is the price you pay for performance. Now that I'm used to it I don't notice it much anymore.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:30 PM   #23
Jarhead
Semper Fi Camaro

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Aqua Blue LS3 Gauge PKG
Quote:

I got the Trailing arms and the outer bushings coming.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:33 PM   #24
BUMBLEB
IN GOD WE THRUST

Quote:
Oh, no worries.. BTW do you have factory 3.45s whinning?
yes factory gears
Old 03-14-2010, 09:30 PM   #25
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

This is interesting... factory gears and noise, factory gears and no noise but vibrations, 4.10s and noise, hurst is noisy...

I am not sure these cars like to be modded... BUT I sure like modding it...

I think I am just going to drive it. Since I was the very first set of 4.10s on the street and I notified the shop of the whine, I am not going to worry about it. They said that if there is an issue they will get me a new set. As of now I am not going to take them up on it...

Got the trailing arms and toe bars greased this evening, looking forward to driving it tomorrow!
Old 03-15-2010, 07:25 AM   #26
BUMBLEB
IN GOD WE THRUST

Angry

Quote:
This is interesting... factory gears and noise, factory gears and no noise but vibrations, 4.10s and noise, hurst is noisy...

I am not sure these cars like to be modded... BUT I sure like modding it...

I think I am just going to drive it. Since I was the very first set of 4.10s on the street and I notified the shop of the whine, I am not going to worry about it. They said that if there is an issue they will get me a new set. As of now I am not going to take them up on it...

Got the trailing arms and toe bars greased this evening, looking forward to driving it tomorrow!
Honestly the whine on mine is becouae the ring and pinion lash was not set correctly at the factory,same with yours I would make them set it back up correctly.I will live with mine or go with a diffrent gear set.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:55 AM   #27
Robert91RS

Drives: Everywhere
Quote:
I understand what you are saying,But I can think of several people that are running the pfadt bushings and no noise.I thought about going back to the stock more insulated bushings and trying to stiffen them up by putting round pieces of nylon rod in the gaps,but I tossed the bushings and gm says they are not sold seperatly from the rear diff.
Your right, as of now they are not available.........but the G8 diff bushings are
Robert91RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:14 AM   #28
BUMBLEB
IN GOD WE THRUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert91RS View Post
Your right, as of now they are not available.........but the G8 diff bushings are
Will the G8 Bushings work???