Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 03-15-2010, 11:36 AM   #29
Robert91RS

Drives: Everywhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUMBLEB View Post
Will the G8 Bushings work???
Well our diffs are supposed to be a direct swap for the G8 guys so its a possibility. Somebody would have to be the guiney pig.
Robert91RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:15 PM   #30
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
we will see. I am taking it in tomorrow to listen to it. They keep telling me the setup is perfect.

I know its easy for someone to say its a bad install but it doesnt make sense to me why its only at certian times under certian loads.

I will let you know what they say tomorrow.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 05:49 PM   #31
Robert91RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
we will see. I am taking it in tomorrow to listen to it. They keep telling me the setup is perfect.

I know its easy for someone to say its a bad install but it doesnt make sense to me why its only at certian times under certian loads.

I will let you know what they say tomorrow.
Just keep in mind that your gears aren't even broken in yet, also that some after market gears can be inherently noisier. Some have a reputation to be more so than others but you might give them a few thousand miles and a fluid change to see if it improves. Obviously this doesn't apply to the OP but if you have low mile yours may also quiet down with time. I assume you are both runnig limited slip additive or a fluid that is already compatible correct?
Old 03-15-2010, 05:55 PM   #32
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/A6 cammed-n-whippled
is it possible that the bushings just need to break in? I've heard that with the pfadt engine mounts, when first installed there's a big increase in noise because they have to break in a bit...so why not the diff bushings?

If you never heard it before, I doubt it's the ring & pinion.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:55 PM   #33
BUMBLEB
IN GOD WE THRUST

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS RS M6 TVS2300 2015 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert91RS View Post
Just keep in mind that your gears aren't even broken in yet, also that some after market gears can be inherently noisier. Some have a reputation to be more so than others but you might give them a few thousand miles and a fluid change to see if it improves. Obviously this doesn't apply to the OP but if you have low mile yours may also quiet down with time. I assume you are both runnig limited slip additive or a fluid that is already compatible correct?
I have 1500 miles on mine and changed to royal purple at 1k
Old 03-15-2010, 06:00 PM   #34
Robert91RS

Quote:
I have 1500 miles on mine and changed to royal purple at 1k
Royal Purple is good stuff but you def need to give them more time to break in. 3-5k al least.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:04 PM   #35
mtcwby
High on "The Camaro Life"

Drives: 2010 2SS, IOM, LS3, Vortech, LG cam
Send a message via AIM to mtcwby
Quote:
Steve, I think Robert91RS is a GM mechanic and it might be true what he says about breaking in the rear end. You only have 1500 miles and have noise. I have 22,000 miles and mine are quiet as can be, so it could be the reason for you guys having whine.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:40 PM   #36
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
500 miles since the change to Richmond (notorious for noise) 4.10s. 6000 on the car. I assume the shop added the additive... it was on my bill.

Robert... should I do a fluid change? At what mileage? As said, i have 500 now. Should I rack up some miles then have it changed prior to C5 Fest? Its a 1000 mile round trip plus some racin... Richmond DOES NOT reccommend Royal with their gears... I asked so I do not have RP.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:32 AM   #37
BUMBLEB
IN GOD WE THRUST

Quote:
Royal Purple is good stuff but you def need to give them more time to break in. 3-5k al least.
I will let em break in,Im not going to worry about it for now
Old 03-16-2010, 10:15 AM   #38
Robert91RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
500 miles since the change to Richmond (notorious for noise) 4.10s. 6000 on the car. I assume the shop added the additive... it was on my bill.

Robert... should I do a fluid change? At what mileage? As said, i have 500 now. Should I rack up some miles then have it changed prior to C5 Fest? Its a 1000 mile round trip plus some racin... Richmond DOES NOT reccommend Royal with their gears... I asked so I do not have RP.
You could do a fluid swap now if it helps you sleep at night but otherwise give it a good 3k or more to break in. By the time you have done that your gears and bushings will be broke in and you may be used to a little more noise.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:57 AM   #39
BUMBLEB
IN GOD WE THRUST

I just ordered the bushings for the G8 I think I will do some experimenting with them ( R:E stiffen them up between the cavities of the rubber portion) I will get them in about a week and will post what i do
Old 03-17-2010, 11:05 AM   #40
Robert91RS

Quote:
I just ordered the bushings for the G8 I think I will do some experimenting with them ( R:E stiffen them up between the cavities of the rubber portion) I will get them in about a week and will post what i do
Props to you for being the pioneer! Let us know if they will fit and keep us updated.
Old 03-17-2010, 12:01 PM   #41
REVOLUTIONSS

Drives: triple black Super sport
guys , does pfadt make bushings for the rear suspension , ie arms , sway etc ?
Old 03-17-2010, 01:05 PM   #42
Autobot
More than meets the eye

Drives: 2SS RS M6 06 Jetta TDI 17 Civic EXL
Quote:
Originally Posted by REVOLUTIONSS View Post
guys , does pfadt make bushings for the rear suspension , ie arms , sway etc ?
BMR has some pretty good stuff
http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F5.htm
Autobot is offline   Reply With Quote