Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 12-11-2009, 10:39 PM   #995
gotroost

Drives: 2021 Crush ZL1 1LE
FWIW - I feel I did OK with O'Reilly Chevy in Tucson. Paid $500 under MSRP with a pre-order and they were great with answering all of my noob questions. I just had to waive the 6 month return deal that Chevy was offering. Just ask for the Internet Sale Guys - Scott Gabriel or Joe Yusba. I drove 75 miles to deal with them since they were responsive. Local guys wouldn't even return a call and all I wanted to do was see one in person before I pre-ordered... Luckily my local dealer is OK with service but the sale staff is lacking.
gotroost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:42 PM   #996
camarosalesgirl

Drives: Waiting for Camaro
Thumbs up Dealer in Central Wisconsin - At Invoice!

Wheelers in Marshfield, WI is a family owned and operated dealership that really has that hometown feel to it! As well as some of the craziness that goes along with being family owned!

We have 4 Camaro's in stock ready for immediate delvery!

Contact Info:
Wheelers of Marshfield, Inc.
www.wheelergm.com
maryjo@wheelergm.com
800-499-7830
Check out our Camaro launch pictures! We had a great time!
Attached Images

camarosalesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:59 PM   #997
razor28124
I ran out of space for th

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Bell and Howard Chevrolet in Statesville, North Carolina. Tell them you heard it from Ethan and you would like to speak to Tracy Ryan (7040 883-8358
razor28124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 02:52 AM   #998
Madcat0911

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTime View Post
FYI - Got tired of waiting for dealer to get an available allocation and canceled my order at the end of October. They said it was going to be a while when I ordered but when my position in line didn't change in almost 2 months I got tired of waiting and went elsewhere.

Dealer Name: Ourisman Chevrolet of Bowie
Dealer location: Bowie, MD
Dealer phone number: 888-495-6611
Dealer website:http://ourismanchevroletofbowie.com

Just placed an order tonight for my new 2SS/RS IOM/IO Camaro

They were great and even showed me an IOM they had in the bay waiting to be picked up. I have to say it looks amazing.

The whole process took me less then an hour and that included two trips from the sales area back to the service bay so I could look at the IOM and Black Camaros they had sitting there.

I'm hoping the rest of the process from waiting, to picking it up, to service is going to be just as good.
These are the guys I'm going through to get mine. They made ordering a cinch.
Madcat0911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 04:56 AM   #999
tangorover

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2LT Summit White
DEALER NAME: Courtesy Chevrolet
DEALER LOCATION: San Jose, CA
DEALER PHONE: (408) 490-0007
DEALER WEBSITE: http://www.courtesychevrolet.com/

Just went in today to order my camaro. Had an awesome experience. Didnt even have to ask/pester about MSRP, They straight up offered it. If you need a Camaro ordered in the bay area Hit them up and ask for Dave or Kit. It took them to while to try and find anyone in the area had the config I wanted (SW 2LT RS manual IOM interior) They had a bunch of camaro's on the lot But couldn't find the one I wanted anywhere (YAY Mine will be unique to Cali) so I ended up ordering one, I guess I knew exactly what I wanted so It took only about 20mins to get the process done.
tangorover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:51 PM   #1000
David3.14159

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangorover View Post
DEALER NAME: Courtesy Chevrolet
DEALER LOCATION: San Jose, CA . . .
Just went in today to order my camaro. Had an awesome experience. Didnt even have to ask/pester about MSRP, They straight up offered it. . ..
That is odd, as I went to that dealer not more than 2 to 3 weeks ago and I spoke with Willie Pettaway (at San Jose Courtesy Chevrolet), and he stated he spoke to his manager: the window sticker on the Camaro(s) was accurate. They wanted over MSRP. The window sticker stated either 5k or 7k over MSRP; I can't remember now which. I do remember the following: when pushed as to whether they would sell at MSRP, they said no way. They "might" do a "best offer" at maybe 2K plus. They wanted above MSRP whether it was a car on the lot or an order.
Have they taken off the dealer markup stickers on the Camaros on the lot?
On the thread http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ose#post431797
Sidewayz_510 states he saw they wanted 5k plus MSRP back in April 2009. In fact, there are posts back to 2008 about this dealership.
Seems weird the sudden change.
Did this dealer go through a sudden ownership change?
How come all the threads about wanting above MSRP and now offering at MSRP?
Has anyone ordered a Camaro at San Jose Courtesy Chevrolet? And for what? And did they actually get it for MSRP? Were there changes made once the car arrived?
Since I didn't want to pay MSRP, I went away from this dealership.
Not trying to cause you any grief, but thought you should know what I and the other posts have previously seen at this dealership.
Heck, we are all here for the main purpose of getting this great car at a fair price.
David3.14159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 10:07 PM   #1001
caddycruiser

Drives: Demo's
Forgot...should add where we got ours. Awesome place.

Jeff D'Ambrosio Chevrolet
2158 Baltimore Pike, Oxford, PA 19363
(800)252-5080 or (610)932-9090

http://www.jeffschevy.com/ & http://www.jeffdchevy.com/

Tend to generally have at least a few on hand, advertise that they sell Camaro's at most/all GM or other special pricing programs, are very easy to deal with via email, phone, or in person and not small but not huge either. They do volume & want things moving, rather than sitting trying to get the highest price. Small town, great people, friendly place and they want to sell. Supplier price on a lot Camaro 2LT (for credit union membership), USAA rebate, etc. and a trade value equal to or better than others in our case, no pressure, just like dealing with a friend. Drove up from Delaware, short trip, west of Philly and just over the MD line. Easy access from a lot of places.

Highly, highly recommend...John Fazen at Ext. 54 was our guy and tops--give him a call for a great deal on your new Camaro, off the lot or ordered.
caddycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 01:33 PM   #1002
Fat Boy

Drives: 12 CVO Street Glide
For those in the Bay area, Nampa, ID ( near Boise) is only a 10 hour drive from the Bay area. Dealer, Edmark Superstore has 5 camaros on lot at $2,000 + under MSRP. Example, 2SS/RS, A6, BLK/IO interior, sunroof, IO stripes, for $37,200. Also has an 2SS/RS, M6, IO/BLK int. with black strips. Red/BLK 2SS/RS, White strips, 2 Silver/Black 1lt and 2SS/RS. This dealer during the order phase was $2000-$3000 above MSRP. Sold all 18 of his orders and is now sitting on current stock with no buyers. Dealer Ph. 208-466-6000
www.edmarksuperstore.com
Fat Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 04:24 PM   #1003
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
I always honor ALL DISCOUNTS!
Becky
Attached Images

JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:45 PM   #1004
SS/GA

Drives: '68 SS396 - '98 Z28 - '10 2SS
ACTUAL INVOICE -HOLDBACK =

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParklandChevy View Post
INVOICE - HOLDBACK AT PARKLAND CHEVROLET IN TACOMA, WA - EMAIL ME FOR INFO -
ACTUAL DEALERS INVOICE -LESS THE HOLD BACK (-3% OF MSRP) IS NOT TOO BAD A DEAL.

I KNOW THERE ARE SOME YEAR END GM INCENTIVES TO THE DEALERS RIGHT NOW FOR TOTAL UNIT SALES COMPARED TO LAST YEARS NUMBERS....

Anybody want to chime in?

(sorry for the CAPS).

SS/GA
SS/GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 03:05 PM   #1005
alanmeyer

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by David3.14159 View Post
That is odd, as I went to that dealer not more than 2 to 3 weeks ago and I spoke with Willie Pettaway (at San Jose Courtesy Chevrolet), and he stated he spoke to his manager: the window sticker on the Camaro(s) was accurate. They wanted over MSRP. The window sticker stated either 5k or 7k over MSRP; I can't remember now which. I do remember the following: when pushed as to whether they would sell at MSRP, they said no way. They "might" do a "best offer" at maybe 2K plus. They wanted above MSRP whether it was a car on the lot or an order.
Have they taken off the dealer markup stickers on the Camaros on the lot?
On the thread http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ose#post431797
Sidewayz_510 states he saw they wanted 5k plus MSRP back in April 2009. In fact, there are posts back to 2008 about this dealership.
Seems weird the sudden change.
Did this dealer go through a sudden ownership change?
How come all the threads about wanting above MSRP and now offering at MSRP?
Has anyone ordered a Camaro at San Jose Courtesy Chevrolet? And for what? And did they actually get it for MSRP? Were there changes made once the car arrived?
Since I didn't want to pay MSRP, I went away from this dealership.
Not trying to cause you any grief, but thought you should know what I and the other posts have previously seen at this dealership.
Heck, we are all here for the main purpose of getting this great car at a fair price.
@David-PI: Courtesy Chevrolet in San Jose is asking over MSRP. I confirmed this yesterday when I test drove an SS (Note: I'm from SoCal, but I'm visiting family in Fremont). Will was the salesperson that was helping me - a very nice and friendly individual. They had over 10 Camaros there, and Will said that they're the largest Camaro dealer in NorCal. On the SS model that I was looking at, I saw a market adjustment increase of just under $2K.

When I asked Will about selling the Camaro over MSRP, his comment was that the SS is a limited production model and that all dealers were marking up above MSRP (I didn't argue with him because I wanted to hear his reasoning and I wanted to keep things friendly). However, he did say that they aren't getting the whole markup, and agreed that it's really just a starting point for negotiations. If I had made an offer on that model, I wouldn't have been surprised if they'd let it go for MSRP.

Another data point is that Will mentioned that they would prefer to have fewer vehicles and markup more like $4K per car.

Personally I found the dealership to be friendly, but I wouldn't list them as an "at or below" MSRP dealership.

Cheers,
-Alan
alanmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 03:34 PM   #1006
terryzx

Drives: 2010 Grand Sport M6 Black Vette
I got tired of hearing the dealers spout that same old crap to justify their gouging the price. Even the few dealers who are doing MSRP + discounts were annoying. It's like you are lucky to get the 2SS I wanted anywhere near sticker.

So knowing that next year the price will have the bottom fall out, I just decided to get the car that I REALLY wanted and so I bought a new 2010 Black on Black Grand Sport 6M Corvette with all the options.

Of course it was a lot more cash, but this was the car I really wanted and was thinking of the Camaro as being what I could settle on at a more affordable price. But when the price of the Camaro I wanted and the add-ons I wanted, shot up to the $50k range, I just decided to get the Grand Sport instead.

Of course the local dealers would not even try to help out. So I went searching and found a GREAT dealer in New Hampshire named MacMulkin Chevrolet. Tommy Jr there gave me a deal better than my other best offer that included several discounts and employee pricing, and his price beat them by far with NO discounts. And he guaranteed me any discounts that were available at delivery would also be added.

So come February I will be getting the museum delivery option with a HUGE GRIN on my face. He gave me a deal that even other dealers told me could not be done. Being a Chevy dealer, I would bet that they would also give anyone the best price ever on a new Camaro also.

I tell ya....after messing with these dealers for the last 3 months, I can see why people get pissed off and get Mustangs. GM ought to dump these rotten money sucking jerks and concentrate on working with dealers who try to HELP the customers instead of screw them.

I had the cash to get a 2SS Camaro if one of them would have wanted to do a sweet deal for me. But seeing that they all wanted to squeeze a little more, I just got the Corvette. I feel that it's better to make SOME profit than NO profit and have a HAPPY customer instead of one who will go out of their way to recommend a GREAT dealer instead of them.

With the end of the year incentives for the dealers, they could have sweetened the terms a bit, but NO....they were trying to kick me in the teeth because they know a price increase is on the way and there are people scrambling to make a last chance deal. So all I can say is that MacMulkin Chevrolet in New Hampshire got my business and my referral for anyone who I can tell about them.

I wish everyone a GREAT NEW YEAR and hope that you get your dream car also
terryzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 09:03 AM   #1007
jtzako

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
I bought mine recently and had a great sales guy. They only had a couple cars on the lot but they had one that was 'ordered' but abandoned that was perfect for me. I got no hassle at all, MSRP minus Supplier, $500 GM cash, $750 USAA.

Of course, the discounts expire on 1/4/10 but I definitely recommend Scotty if you are still in the market.

Scotty Stoner
Internet Manager
Jerry's Family of Dealerships
817.341.5703 Direct
800.608.5703 Direct Toll-Free
sstoner@jerrysweatherford.com
www.jerrysweatherford.com
jtzako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 10:17 AM   #1008
SS/GA

Drives: '68 SS396 - '98 Z28 - '10 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryzx View Post
I got tired of hearing the dealers spout that same old crap to justify their gouging the price. Even the few dealers who are doing MSRP + discounts were annoying. It's like you are lucky to get the 2SS I wanted anywhere near sticker.

So knowing that next year the price will have the bottom fall out, I just decided to get the car that I REALLY wanted and so I bought a new 2010 Black on Black Grand Sport 6M Corvette with all the options.

Of course it was a lot more cash, but this was the car I really wanted and was thinking of the Camaro as being what I could settle on at a more affordable price. But when the price of the Camaro I wanted and the add-ons I wanted, shot up to the $50k range, I just decided to get the Grand Sport instead.

Of course the local dealers would not even try to help out. So I went searching and found a GREAT dealer in New Hampshire named MacMulkin Chevrolet. Tommy Jr there gave me a deal better than my other best offer that included several discounts and employee pricing, and his price beat them by far with NO discounts. And he guaranteed me any discounts that were available at delivery would also be added.

So come February I will be getting the museum delivery option with a HUGE GRIN on my face. He gave me a deal that even other dealers told me could not be done. Being a Chevy dealer, I would bet that they would also give anyone the best price ever on a new Camaro also.

I tell ya....after messing with these dealers for the last 3 months, I can see why people get pissed off and get Mustangs. GM ought to dump these rotten money sucking jerks and concentrate on working with dealers who try to HELP the customers instead of screw them.

I had the cash to get a 2SS Camaro if one of them would have wanted to do a sweet deal for me. But seeing that they all wanted to squeeze a little more, I just got the Corvette. I feel that it's better to make SOME profit than NO profit and have a HAPPY customer instead of one who will go out of their way to recommend a GREAT dealer instead of them.

With the end of the year incentives for the dealers, they could have sweetened the terms a bit, but NO....they were trying to kick me in the teeth because they know a price increase is on the way and there are people scrambling to make a last chance deal. So all I can say is that MacMulkin Chevrolet in New Hampshire got my business and my referral for anyone who I can tell about them.

I wish everyone a GREAT NEW YEAR and hope that you get your dream car also
I Agree with everything you said!!

Our 'Special Ordered' 2SS car came in, in record time 7 weeks.

My wife & I go to get the car THAT NIGHT of delivery, check book in hand, (also a cash deal) and The dealer backs out of our previously agreed to deal... which was "I'll give you a grand off msrp, plus all incentives at the time of delivery".

MSRP -Less $1,000 from the dealer; -Less the CU Discount -$1,000; -Less $750 USAA; -Less $500 60-Day Opt Out.

My wife & I feel the dealer must've had another fish on the hook for our car, and thought they could sell it to him at full msrp????

Anyway... now the car has sat in the show room for the past 30+ days!

Our local dealer can go F@*K themselves!!

SS/GA
SS/GA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arizona, arizona dealer, florida, louisiana, massachusetts, missouri msrp dealer, so cal dealers, www.camaroscotty.com