Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 12-04-2022, 11:04 PM   #1
Vaddy

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro LS 2015
Vacuum Lines for turbo?

Hey, I am almost finishing up my turbo build for the LFX but I am confused on the vacuum lines. I've heard people hooking them up to the throttle body or brake booster but I have no idea which one to do. Also I heard about the back of the intake manifold near the brake booster? If someone does have a setup, please can you provide pictures I honestly have no idea lol.
Vaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 06:19 AM   #2
xlmusicp
LTCamaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT / 2014 C7 M7 3LT
It doesn't matter which one, either works. For my boosted build I add 6 port vacuum module to the brake booster (one line goes to my BOV routed along the engine).

xlmusicp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 01:49 AM   #3
Vaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlmusicp View Post
It doesn't matter which one, either works. For my boosted build I add 6 port vacuum module to the brake booster (one line goes to my BOV routed along the engine).
Is it relatively easy to do? Is it just cutting a simple line for the brake booster and putting the t fitting?
Old 12-08-2022, 04:32 AM   #4
Vaddy

Also what about the clean side pcv? I don't have any openings on the intake tube, how should I go about this? Would leaving it unconnected have any issues?
Old 12-29-2023, 06:26 PM   #5
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by coryjoon View Post
Hey there! It's great that you're making progress on your turbo build for the LFX. The vacuum line setup can be a bit confusing, but I'll try to help you out.

When it comes to connecting vacuum lines in a turbo setup, it's crucial to ensure proper functionality and avoid any issues. Here are a few general guidelines:

Brake Booster: Many people tap into the brake booster line for vacuum. It provides a stable source of vacuum, but keep in mind that you'll want a vacuum source that doesn't fluctuate much, as the brake booster requires a consistent vacuum signal.

Throttle Body: Some prefer tapping into the vacuum port on the throttle body. This can work well, but be cautious about potential fluctuations in vacuum pressure during throttle changes.

Intake Manifold: The back of the intake manifold near the brake booster is a common location. Just ensure that the source you choose provides a stable vacuum signal.
Says the honda guy!! Our TB's don't have vacuum ports on them.