Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 06-22-2012, 10:36 PM   #337
fishface

Drives: 2011 RS/SS Camaro Convertible
Update on my top. Just got the design top put on today and it looks sweet as hell. It sounds a little quieter inside and looks nice and tight. Also completely waterproof being that less than 2 hrs after top was finished its been downpouring here and dry as a bone inside. Talked to my top guy who attemted to put the old design top on first a few weeks ago and he said this top is 100% better in all ways. He also told me for the best result to keep the top up for a few days so it can completely set. Here are a few pics just got home so dark and in garage lighting. Will post daylight pics tomorrow guys and gals.
Attached Images

Last edited by fishface; 06-22-2012 at 11:08 PM.
fishface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:55 PM   #338
Calikenn

Drives: 2012 Corvette GS
Good luck with the top fishface.

Was it a complete replacement or just the canvas? And was it done ay Chevy dealer or farmed out? Thanks.
Calikenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:06 AM   #339
fishface

Drives: 2011 RS/SS Camaro Convertible
Just the canvas and it was farmed out, the top guys said he fixed everything that was causing the rubing keeping fingers crossed this guy is suppost to be one of the best guy in the area.
fishface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:09 AM   #340
78RS_to_112SS
Finally back in a Camaro

Drives: was 1978 RS, NOW 2011 Camaro 2SS
Old 06-23-2012, 02:18 PM   #341
theragtopguy
Lifetime Philly Fan

Drives: 2015 Spring Edition 2SS M-6
Hey Fishface, do you know the shop that did it? My dealer in Quakertown said they farm theirs out too.
Tune by DynoSteve via SCTx4 Tuner

One of 82 GF Ragtops built in '15 out of 811 Total

[/SIZE]

theragtopguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:56 PM   #342
snaphappy

Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS2/RS LS3
There's always going to be a little wind noise right? Is a perfect top silent? We have wind noise around the rear windows on our brand new SS. When I'm driving I can hear it on the passenger side, and when I'm a passenger I can hear it on the drivers side.
snaphappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:57 AM   #343
bulllett

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaphappy View Post
There's always going to be a little wind noise right? Is a perfect top silent? We have wind noise around the rear windows on our brand new SS. When I'm driving I can hear it on the passenger side, and when I'm a passenger I can hear it on the drivers side.
These cars were built awfully quiet for a vert. There was a little noise when I got mine but it got a whole lot worse after time. The only way I could describe it would be if you find yourself always reaching for your window switch to close the rear window (and its already closed ;-)), then you probably can get it adjusted.
bulllett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:56 AM   #344
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishface View Post
Update on my top. Just got the design top put on today and it looks sweet as hell. It sounds a little quieter inside and looks nice and tight. Also completely waterproof being that less than 2 hrs after top was finished its been downpouring here and dry as a bone inside. Talked to my top guy who attemted to put the old design top on first a few weeks ago and he said this top is 100% better in all ways. He also told me for the best result to keep the top up for a few days so it can completely set. Here are a few pics just got home so dark and in garage lighting. Will post daylight pics tomorrow guys and gals.
Damn that looks nice. Now if my dealer can just got my top in... the shop they are using is a second generation and had a great rep.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:02 AM   #345
Fnfalguy
Supreme Advisor

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
I have rub marks and my new top still isn't at the dealer yet. However, I drove through near typhoon type rain yesterday from Southwestern Florida (near Naples) to Central Florida (Lakeland Area) and not a single drop of water got into my car!
Fnfalguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:53 PM   #346
pnyklr

Drives: A Gift From My Wife
Guys, the new tops are still MIA. Getting very close to shipping.

Just a little more patience, we have come this far.

-Funk
2012 Convert 2SS/RS SW/IO LS3 - Build #1081

07/21/2011 - (3800) Order produced and vehicle is being prepared for shipping.
08/09/2011 - (4200) Shipped (vehicle is shipped to the dealer or interim point of delivery).
08/16/2011 - (5000) Vehicle has been delivered to dealer.
08/19/2011 - In my possession.

Last edited by pnyklr; 06-27-2012 at 03:37 PM.
pnyklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:34 PM   #347
themoneypit

Drives: 2012 45th convertible ss ls3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnyklr View Post
Guys, the new tops are still MIA. Getting very close to shipping.

Rumor has it mine will be at the dealership on Wednesday of this week.

Just a little more patience, we have come this far.

-Funk
woohoo!! mine will hopefully be soon thereafter... how long have you been waiting??
themoneypit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:02 PM   #348
pnyklr

Drives: A Gift From My Wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by themoneypit View Post
woohoo!! mine will hopefully be soon thereafter... how long have you been waiting??
Really, I haven't been counting. I know Gerry at Rodgers will get it right so I have been patient. The top issues have not been a priority for me as I know he will get it right.

He better, as I will be driving 11 hours to resolve the top issues along with a few miscellaneous issues.

-Funk
2012 Convert 2SS/RS SW/IO LS3 - Build #1081

07/21/2011 - (3800) Order produced and vehicle is being prepared for shipping.
08/09/2011 - (4200) Shipped (vehicle is shipped to the dealer or interim point of delivery).
08/16/2011 - (5000) Vehicle has been delivered to dealer.
08/19/2011 - In my possession.
pnyklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 09:10 PM   #349
Blitz

Drives: 2012 CTS-V Sedan
I have waited long enough to hopefully get the kinks worked out... Mine is going in Wednesday, they wouldn't commit to a new top but will take a closer look... right now, they are just going to do the modifications.

I have large rub marks on the drivers side and a hole starting to wear on the passenger side, so I'm hoping after the service rep sees it, I don't have to push too hard for the replacement.

On the bright side, they knew exactly what I was talking about.

Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 03:16 PM   #350
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by snaphappy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Damn that looks nice. Now if my dealer can just got my top in... the shop they are using is a second generation and had a great rep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnfalguy View Post
I have rub marks and my new top still isn't at the dealer yet. However, I drove through near typhoon type rain yesterday from Southwestern Florida (near Naples) to Central Florida (Lakeland Area) and not a single drop of water got into my car!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz View Post
I have waited long enough to hopefully get the kinks worked out... Mine is going in Wednesday, they wouldn't commit to a new top but will take a closer look... right now, they are just going to do the modifications.

I have large rub marks on the drivers side and a hole starting to wear on the passenger side, so I'm hoping after the service rep sees it, I don't have to push too hard for the replacement.

On the bright side, they knew exactly what I was talking about.
I am sorry to hear about the concern you are all having with your convertible top. It is great that your dealerships are taking a look at it to see if there are any options available to you all. If you could please keep me updated on your service appointments, I would greatly appreciate it!

If there is a concern after the service appointment, please feel free to reach out and contact me with any details and please include your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage and involved dealership.

All the best,

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service