Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2015 Camaro Fest (VI)

View Poll Results: Bowling Green again?
Yes for 2016 153 65.38%
Out West or somewhere else 1st 81 34.62%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-14-2015, 12:45 PM   #15
craigk777

Drives: 2013 Summit White 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo White View Post
Mammoth cave being right up the road, Nashville being an our away, awesome food everywere, awesome locals and police department(just dont do doughnuts and run), awesome road course, drag strip has alot of room, an amusement park on location and it being fairly central for the East coast. I think its awesome. Thats why LSfest is there every year.
craigk777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 12:46 PM   #16
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Agreed. I go to LSfest and the NMRA finals and the track just works.
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 12:53 PM   #17
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post

Like I mentioned above. Track prep was on us not Beech Bend.

There will be a cruise somewhere if we go back. Many many routes available.
Gotcha. Missed that above.

There are a lot of options for little road trips. I know the Corvette Homecoming event in BG usually has several you can take part in.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 01:05 PM   #18
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Would love Utah, Wyoming or Colorado though I can appreciate the difficulties in finding a 1/4 mi sanctioned track with space for autocross and a road course all close to hotels and what not.

Did not vote however and returning to Bowling Green would also be a blast.

Last edited by Snoman; 08-14-2015 at 01:21 PM.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 01:07 PM   #19
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
I would be cool with Bowling Green next year.

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 01:21 PM   #20
snymat68

Drives: 2013 Blue Ray 1LS M6
Quote:
This is an interesting poll... Can't wait to see how it turns out.
You should find out.... SOON.
Elite Catch Can | CAI Intake with Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | MRT v2 Axle-Back Exhaust | MagnaFlow Resonated X-Pipe | Resonator Delete | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | GM Strut Tower Brace | JDP Tow Hook | Vitesse Throttle Controller
Aesthetic Mods
Chrome Peek-A-Boo Door Handles | Interior Accessories Kit | OEM RS HIDs w/ 6000k Bulbs & 5000k LED Fogs | Tail Light, Marker Light, & Turn Signal Tint | Tru-Sequence Sequential Turn Signals & Brake Lights | Silver Fade Gill Stripes | Carbon Fiber Bowties | Various Chrome/Painted/Carbon Fiber Items
snymat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 01:28 PM   #21
X-Factor
Chick Racer

Drives: 2017 50th 2SS
Quote:
The drag strip was not prepped well during test and tune on Friday. Once it was brought to my attention we got them going on it. It was not the tracks fault but ours for not monitoring close enough and I heard no problems on Saturday or Friday during bracket racing for that matter. Camaro5 was paying for prep not the track so it's all on us and we got it fixed.

Yup it was a little slippery on Friday am, plus we had just had all that rain the day before. But you are right, Friday afternoon, and Saturday the track was perfect! So thank you thank you!! I really enjoyed racing on that track. I hope I get another chance to go back.
Old 08-14-2015, 01:37 PM   #22
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Central... south... Houston.

Plenty of race tracks around to find one to rent.

BBQ! Steaks! TexMex! Taste Of Texas! Chuy's! Los Cucos!

It's in Texas!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 01:39 PM   #23
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by snymat68 View Post

I think the issue with vendors would be solved if we announced the location earlier then last year's vendors would have more time to decide if they're going and what they needto bring and what they may want to do there for everyone.

Car Show wise maybe we need to have people parking people as they roll in and enforce a no tents in parking spots rule maybe reserve a large section of the grass area for that so the lots aren't crowded and impossible to navigate.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 01:45 PM   #24
Burt
Cone Killer

Drives: 2012 SS
Bowling Green! Barring the unexpected, (you don't say no to being the best man in a wedding) I'll definitely be there next time around.

Selling off my remaining wheels, tires, 27mm front sway bar, and MGW shift knob. Get them out of my house before my wife puts me out!
Burt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 01:49 PM   #25
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by snymat68 View Post
Nice one LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
Yup it was a little slippery on Friday am, plus we had just had all that rain the day before. But you are right, Friday afternoon, and Saturday the track was perfect! So thank you thank you!! I really enjoyed racing on that track. I hope I get another chance to go back.
Yeah, forgot about that one. We couldn't even open the track on time Friday morning due to the misty rain and track drying efforts.
Old 08-14-2015, 01:51 PM   #26
HeLLDaFieL

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 2SS
I voted yes. All that didn't go smooth could be solved hosting in the same location again. Plus I would love to take another crack NCM track again with dry weather, extend one more day and separate better autocross from drag.
Old 08-14-2015, 01:57 PM   #27
rgreene1971

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
why not Lansing Michigan? Would be a perfect location considering the new camaro is being built in Lansing. I am sure GM might even want to get involved. I know the Detroit 5th Gen camaro club get involved.

I love the bowling green area in general, my family is from bowling green and surrounding areas but honestly I could care less the fact I can tour anything related to a corvette, I am a camaro owner and no intention on moving to a vette.

COMP Cams XFI Street/Strip, Lingenfelter LS3 Heads, AHR Long tube headers + X pipe, FAST LSXR 102mm Intake manifold, LMR Cold air intake, Flowmaster 3" stainless steel exhaust, NoWeeds Exhaust cutouts, Platinum Valve spring kit, ZEX NOS system 175hp shot, Eibach Pro-Kit performance lowering springs (1" drop all around), Custom grills, bumper ports, etc....
rgreene1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 02:01 PM   #28
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgreene1971 View Post
why not Lansing Michigan? Would be a perfect location considering the new camaro is being built in Lansing. I am sure GM might even want to get involved. I know the Detroit 5th Gen camaro club get involved.

I love the bowling green area in general, my family is from bowling green and surrounding areas but honestly I could care less the fact I can tour anything related to a corvette, I am a camaro owner and no intention on moving to a vette.
Sounds good to me... so what makes it perfect other than the 6th gen being built there.