Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 09-14-2018, 08:17 AM   #15
RyanR3KC
"1/LE Rebel Alliance"

Drives: 18 Black 1SS 1LE “Siouxsie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercup View Post
Well am about to turn 3,900 miles and my Trofeo R's are about toast. So I saw that America's tire is having a sale for Labor Day - 10% rebate 4 tire purchase (or up to 20% if you have an AT credit card) and $80 rebate from Goodyear for Eagle F1 Supercar 3R - I decided to order a set.

Pricing was $345 per tire plus install costs and tax was $1,578 - less the $80 less the $315.6 - $1,182.40 OTD - or $295.60 per tire installed - mounted and balanced.

Be interesting how they compare to Trofeo R, which have gotten stupid expensive now that they have the Porsche NO rating on them. Tire rack has then for $520 per tire, AT had them for $865 per tire. Cheapest I found them was race shop in vegas at $465 per tire.

Can Always go back, but figured if these were good enough for ZL1 1LE they should be just fine for our Z

Went with 305 all around.

Will be here next week, will post up some photos once installed.
Man...that moment when you realize tires are getting more expensive than a house payment...
RyanR3KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 08:43 AM   #16
MrRaZ28
@MrRaZ28

Drives: 2014 Z28 #80
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanR3KC View Post
Man...that moment when you realize tires are getting more expensive than a house payment...
Truth... after install costs (extra because "Difficult tire, low-pro blah blah" mine was about 40 more than my house payment lol. Worth it, but still.. yeesh.
MrRaZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 04:32 PM   #17
RyanR3KC
"1/LE Rebel Alliance"

Drives: 18 Black 1SS 1LE “Siouxsie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy2tehBone View Post
Truth... after install costs (extra because "Difficult tire, low-pro blah blah" mine was about 40 more than my house payment lol. Worth it, but still.. yeesh.
that all sounds like.... "well...I have to use the other machine and hopefully it's a cloudy day so it won't be too hot when I use it and if the Cowboys win i'll be in a better mood to get the work done...which will make it go faster"

Like they're just making shit up to justify the extra cost...lol
RyanR3KC is offline   Reply With Quote