Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-10-2010, 04:26 PM   #57
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post
Hey does anyone have a handle on some inexpensive 5.56/.223?

I just bought 990 rounds of 62 grain FMJ for $305.00 online. I think I got a pretty good deal on that considering the demand for 5.56.

Anyone else know of good places?
Does it have to be quality ammo or like herters type stuff??

Cheaper than dirt is a good place for bulk ammo. or midway usa.

But that price you got is great too.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:51 PM   #58
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
Never shot one myself, but my educated guess: It'll be more than an M16/AR15 (obviously, those things barely have a recoil), but it's not going to knock you on your butt by any means. Remember, these rifles were used in combat, so soldiers had to fire these things A LOT and ACCURATELY, two things which an overly large recoil would stop. I'd guess it'd probably be pretty close to my Swedish Mauser. As long as you hold it tight to your shoulder (like you should with ANY rifle/shotgun), you'll be fine
Not calling you wrong, but my old history teacher always talked about how the advantage of the M1 being semi-automatic was a moot point because of the guns recoil. He said that most would have to fire it at about the same rate as the Karabiner (which as you know is a bolt-action) because of how much it would jump up after each shot. He's shot a bunch of M1s and other WW2 era guns, but it might have a lot of recoil to him because he's seriously pushing 80s LOL.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:02 PM   #59
metalemt
Urban Ninja

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM A6
Here's my FNP-45 and my G19.

and the Five-Seven back when it was never fired.

metalemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:25 PM   #60
BEARS-SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
What I want....
Name:  Bushmaster.jpg
Views: 5836
Size:  52.0 KB

Name:  bushmaster2.jpg
Views: 5873
Size:  48.1 KB

My buddy's Bushmaster in a couple configurations
Old 06-10-2010, 07:53 PM   #61
metalemt
Urban Ninja

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM A6
Have any of you guys seen or have the Diamondback DB380. I know they're new, just fiddled with one at the gun store today seems decent for a pocket gun. Did some research and I guess some guys have had a problem with slide seperating below the ejection port. Has the look and basic design of a mini glock, if they can get their new model issues dealt with seems like it would be great.

It actually has sights on it which I kinda like vs the other 380's out there like the LCP, which isn't a problem if you get a laser for it.
metalemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:11 PM   #62
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
What I want:

I went this gun so bad!!!

I was going to persuade my dad to get me one as a gift, But ima wait till I'm 21

I still don't understand how I'm able to buy an AK-47 but can't buy a handgun... it's

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:17 PM   #63
helmincamaro
Official Lounge BAMF

Drives: '97 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to helmincamaro Send a message via Yahoo to helmincamaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
What I want:

I went this gun so bad!!!

I was going to persuade my dad to get me one as a gift, But ima wait till I'm 21

I still don't understand how I'm able to buy an AK-47 but can't buy a handgun... it's
I agree.

explain how come I can buy on of these:

and not one of these?

helmincamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:22 PM   #64
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by helmincamaro View Post
I agree.

and not one of these?

It's bullshit man..

bullshit

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:30 PM   #65
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by helmincamaro View Post
I agree.

and not one of these?

It's stupid. You're right they need to make it the same age for either. 21 for both! lol What that's not what you where thinking? The main reason is it's harder to not be seen getting into trouble and doing something stupid carrying the Barret then with the pistol. Also I think it's basically because long guns are used for hunting and pistols are for self defense. (mainly) I could care less. It doesn't affect me!

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:44 PM   #66
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
I'm going to have to get myself the following two guns:

Old 06-10-2010, 11:33 PM   #67
Scrappy Doo

Here a couple of mine. I also have some shotguns and .22s.

Name:  HPIM2385.jpg
Views: 6399
Size:  188.1 KB

Notice the 3 position selector switch

Name:  HPIM2388.jpg
Views: 6097
Size:  58.5 KB

My G22C and my Ruger LCP

Name:  HPIM2389.jpg
Views: 7237
Size:  189.2 KB

My Remington 700 prairie dog rifle

Name:  HPIM2390.jpg
Views: 6259
Size:  152.9 KB
Old 06-11-2010, 07:09 AM   #68
Big Brunsy

Drives: 2010 supercharged LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Those Walther P22s are fun little things. We have one and shoot the heck out of it.

Have been looking at buying my first hand gun, and was going back and forth between this and a ruger .22 the guy at the gun store said both are good guns but the ruger is more accurate, and will accept a red dot sight. Still haven't decided, maybe I'll get both I dunno yet. I don't want to buy a big one until I get the handle of a pistol (smaller caliber = smaller ammo price tag)

other than that I got 2 shotguns and 3 rifles, all of which I use for hunting and aren't really anything fancy
Big Brunsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:31 AM   #69
Scrappy Doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalemt View Post
Have any of you guys seen or have the Diamondback DB380. I know they're new, just fiddled with one at the gun store today seems decent for a pocket gun. Did some research and I guess some guys have had a problem with slide seperating below the ejection port. Has the look and basic design of a mini glock, if they can get their new model issues dealt with seems like it would be great.

It actually has sights on it which I kinda like vs the other 380's out there like the LCP, which isn't a problem if you get a laser for it.
I have an LCP and it is ridiculous accurate for how small it is. I don't use a laser, but i shoot a fair amount of handgun rounds..

The diamondback looks to be a bit bigger which would help if you have big hands. I haven't seen one yet, but diamondback makes good other equipment, have no doubt that this will be the same.
Old 06-11-2010, 09:31 AM   #70
Scrappy Doo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brunsy View Post
Have been looking at buying my first hand gun, and was going back and forth between this and a ruger .22 the guy at the gun store said both are good guns but the ruger is more accurate, and will accept a red dot sight. Still haven't decided, maybe I'll get both I dunno yet. I don't want to buy a big one until I get the handle of a pistol (smaller caliber = smaller ammo price tag)

other than that I got 2 shotguns and 3 rifles, all of which I use for hunting and aren't really anything fancy
They are both good brands and you can;'t go wrong with either.

Tags
camaro gun