Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-21-2023, 09:01 AM   #1
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Am I able to get an AT 1LE rear end for my 2010 v6?

Search engine on the forum is not working for any browser I use. Keeps coming up with a white blank page after I hit the search button.

Anyhow, I keep coming up via google search with 2013-2015 manual rear differential but none in the AT. I know the 6th Gen has them available but unsure about the 5th Gen.

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.

Last edited by SummitWhite11; 03-21-2023 at 10:14 AM.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 10:52 AM   #2
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
What do you mean by "AT"? If you are referring to auto trans the 1LE only came with the 6-speed manual and it was first available in '13.
Old 03-21-2023, 11:08 AM   #3
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
What do you mean by "AT"? If you are referring to auto trans the 1LE only came with the 6-speed manual and it was first available in '13.

I am referring to the rear differential carrier.

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
Old 03-21-2023, 12:42 PM   #4
bottletalk

Drives: 15 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitWhite11 View Post
I am referring to the rear differential carrier.
read ariZona28's post again
bottletalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 01:14 PM   #5
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottletalk View Post
read ariZona28's post again

He said trans. I’m not referring to the transmission. I’m talking about the 3.91 gear rear differential with LSD. I am aware of the 1LE manual trans during 2013-15. I am asking if it is possible to get a 2013-2015 1LE rear end to bolt to an auto trans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-21-2023, 03:00 PM   #6
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
He said trans. I’m not referring to the transmission. I’m talking about the 3.91 gear rear differential with LSD. I am aware of the 1LE manual trans during 2013-15. I am asking if it is possible to get a 2013-2015 1LE rear end to bolt to an auto trans?

No.

The differential housing in your auto V6 is smaller than the differential housing from a 1LE. The manual V6 and all SS (including the 1LE) uses one size housing while the auto V6 uses a smaller size. You will not be able to bolt on a 1LE housing without also swapping out a lot of parts and changing the mounting points.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 04:24 PM   #7
bottletalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
No.

The differential housing in your auto V6 is smaller than the differential housing from a 1LE. The manual V6 and all SS (including the 1LE) uses one size housing while the auto V6 uses a smaller size. You will not be able to bolt on a 1LE housing without also swapping out a lot of parts and changing the mounting points.
driveshaft. don't know if the V6 is the same but auto = longer
Old 03-21-2023, 04:26 PM   #8
Mr_Draco

Quote:
driveshaft. don't know if the V6 is the same but auto = longer
Not just the driveshaft. Axles, hubs, and other parts as well.
Old 03-21-2023, 04:27 PM   #9
bottletalk

anything is possible, depends on how much u want to spend.
Old 03-21-2023, 04:35 PM   #10
Mr_Draco

Quote:
anything is possible, depends on how much u want to spend.
Oh it's definitely possible. Members here have done it as all you have to do is replace most of the drive components with SS parts. It's not really that hard to do either, can be done on jack stands in your driveway. But as you said it comes down to cost. Doing the swap on an Auto V6 is double or even triple the cost of other trims depending on what brands you go with.
Old 03-21-2023, 05:11 PM   #11
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Not just the driveshaft. Axles, hubs, and other parts as well.

So is this what is basically needed to swap out in order to do this? Along with a different driveshaft etc??

Old 03-21-2023, 08:35 PM   #12
bottletalk

Quote:
So is this what is basically needed to swap out in order to do this? Along with a different driveshaft etc??

yup
Old 03-21-2023, 08:37 PM   #13
bottletalk

don't forget that if u have the power to spin these your gonna want to correct the wheel hop issue.
Old 03-21-2023, 08:40 PM   #14
bottletalk

Quote:
Oh it's definitely possible. Members here have done it as all you have to do is replace most of the drive components with SS parts. It's not really that hard to do either, can be done on jack stands in your driveway. But as you said it comes down to cost. Doing the swap on an Auto V6 is double or even triple the cost of other trims depending on what brands you go with.
right, better of selling the car stock then the mods and buying a ss or Zl1 depending the route u wanna go.