Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 04-10-2013, 06:24 PM   #925
Jerry7297

Drives: 2018 2SS/ 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp51998 View Post
Okay, Just got the wifes car back from AutoNation's (Champion Chevy) body shop. Had them replace the front crash member under warranty for corrosion. Any way, the car was absolutely filthy. Inside and out. My service advisor was at lunch so I let another know about the problem. The inside had dirt all over the door panels and lower dash. The upper dash had dust (looked like bond-o or compound dust) all over it. The front facia, which had to be removed, had greasy hand prints on it and the whole outside was dirty. You could see it had been obviously sitting outside for a couple days.
The advisor told me they only had one detailer and it should have been cleaned before returned. He would have the detailer do it now. I told him I don't think so. I am particular about cleans our cars. I told him to just let the tech know what a crappy job he had done.
Flash forward a couple hours after I cleaned the car and I take it to pick up my daughter. I notice the DRL's are not on. Its daylight so they should be. Now I'm really POed. Take it home and open the wheel well. The ONE harness that has to be disconnected to take off the facia was not hooked back up. WTH?!! How lazy! Or incompetent? Now I feel I have to take off the whole front end to make sure all the bolts had been replaced.
Long story short. DO NOT go to Auto NAtion for anything. They blow. And not in an enjoyable way.
Yep they did the same replacement on mine. I took my front end off myself and drove it over there with just head lights. I knew they would screw it up my extra harnesses for my extra lights. All they had to do was take out 4 bolts and put on the new piece. It took all day cause they had to paint the piece first. The paint job wasn't even a good job, but they did replace the entire piece so I was on my merry way and put my front end back together myself. Man Sorry to hear they did such a bad job. Dealers suck! If its not theirs those guys don't give a crap.
Jerry7297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:36 PM   #926
El Jefe

Drives: Yellow Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry7297 View Post
Flanigans on Port ask for Rowdey. That is the best place I know of. He fixed mine and I am very pleased.
Another vote for Rowdy. He did the straight pipe for my STi and the fit and finish was perfect. He does a lot of the oval dirt cars so you may need an appointment but he's super easy to deal with.
El Jefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:26 AM   #927
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Drives: Red '79 Z28, '24 Blk A10 ZL-1 Vert
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp51998 View Post
Okay, Just got the wifes car back from AutoNation's (Champion Chevy) body shop. Had them replace the front crash member under warranty for corrosion. Any way, the car was absolutely filthy. Inside and out. My service advisor was at lunch so I let another know about the problem. The inside had dirt all over the door panels and lower dash. The upper dash had dust (looked like bond-o or compound dust) all over it. The front facia, which had to be removed, had greasy hand prints on it and the whole outside was dirty. You could see it had been obviously sitting outside for a couple days.
The advisor told me they only had one detailer and it should have been cleaned before returned. He would have the detailer do it now. I told him I don't think so. I am particular about cleans our cars. I told him to just let the tech know what a crappy job he had done.
Flash forward a couple hours after I cleaned the car and I take it to pick up my daughter. I notice the DRL's are not on. Its daylight so they should be. Now I'm really POed. Take it home and open the wheel well. The ONE harness that has to be disconnected to take off the facia was not hooked back up. WTH?!! How lazy! Or incompetent? Now I feel I have to take off the whole front end to make sure all the bolts had been replaced.
Long story short. DO NOT go to Auto NAtion for anything. They blow. And not in an enjoyable way.
Incompetent! Remember that they left all of the fasteners off of my front end after installing my splitter? I think they just don't care and definitely don't pay attention to details.

I have an oil change scheduled with them on Friday only because it's free (compensation for the splitter snafu.) this is their last chance for any work on my car...

Tara

Tara Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:10 AM   #928
LeanPocket

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln361 View Post
Who does good welding work around here. I need to install my slp loudmouth 2 mufflers, the slp loudmouth 1 is too loud for me now and need to get these on soon. A lot of people say to go to flanigans, is that the only spot to go to?
Flanagan's on port only. Charged me 250$ for my resonated x pipe and muffler delete, along with polishing my tips. Make sure to ask for mandrel bends and not crushed if they need any.

pm me if youre selling your slp lm1 mufflers
Old 04-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #929
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara Martin View Post
Incompetent! Remember that they left all of the fasteners off of my front end after installing my splitter? I think they just don't care and definitely don't pay attention to details.

I have an oil change scheduled with them on Friday only because it's free (compensation for the splitter snafu.) this is their last chance for any work on my car...

Tara
I'm at Auto-Champion-Nation now in the service dept. A porter drove my car out of my line of sight, and now I'm as nervous as a "long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs." A sales guy already ran his fingers across my hood asking if it was carbon fiber. I cringed... I think I'll change the oil at home after this free Dexos oil change.

I'll update later if any other problems encountered...

Tara

Old 04-12-2013, 07:27 PM   #930
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara Martin View Post
I'm at Auto-Champion-Nation now in the service dept. A porter drove my car out of my line of sight, and now I'm as nervous as a "long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs." A sales guy already ran his fingers across my hood asking if it was carbon fiber. I cringed... I think I'll change the oil at home after this free Dexos oil change.

I'll update later if any other problems encountered...

Tara
Update:

All is well, I suppose, except for the odor of burned oil reeking into my air vents and the fact that they only refilled 8 quarts, leaving it about half a quart low. I checked the level before I left and made sure they replaced my "weird" 1LE oil cap and PCV line correctly.

It was free, but I'll do future oil changes at home, I think. I have plenty of Mobil 1 on hand from sales at Pepboys and Wally-Mart.

I did get several complements on the car from passing salesmen, including ol' clueless finger-dragger.

See you-all at A&W tomorrow night?

Tara

Old 04-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #931
usnatclee

Drives: '12 2SS/RS, '13 Vette, '13 Wrangler
Well, Stephanie's Vette is home and safe in the garage. Tomorrow she will be getting her windows tinted, a bath, a coat of wax and 1 of 3 coats of sealant before A&W tomorrow night. See yall tomorrow.
2012 Camaro Ashen Grey Metallic 2SS/RS "Timberwolf". Custom exhaust, RX oil catch can and oil breather, CAI inc intake, SLP 160* thermostat, TSP 2" LT headers w/ off road pipes, custom cam, tuned. 467rwhp 450rwtq.

2013 Corvette Torch Red LS3. 378rwhp/375rwtq SAE corrected, tuned.

ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK GO KU!
usnatclee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:50 PM   #932
mp51998

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Tara, I feel your pain. I'll be doing my own oil changes as well.

Clark, this is a Camaro forum.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:38 PM   #933
nrr8865

Drives: '10 RJT-2LT/RS & '10 Buick LaCrosse
Just saw 3 camaros run 10.XX. Everyone else is running high 12's or low 13's. Saw some v8's run 15 and 16...
nrr8865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:43 PM   #934
Witchdoctor92

Drives: 2012 1SS Black with white rally str
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrr8865 View Post
Just saw 3 camaros run 10.XX. Everyone else is running high 12's or low 13's. Saw some v8's run 15 and 16...
Are you dragging or just doing Autocross?
Old 04-13-2013, 12:35 AM   #935
nrr8865

AutoX. They only had 1 V6 doing the drag races. We will see how many do the autoX Saturday.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:10 AM   #936
Witchdoctor92

Drives: 2012 1SS Black with white rally str
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrr8865 View Post
AutoX. They only had 1 V6 doing the drag races. We will see how many do the autoX Saturday.
Tear it up my man.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:40 AM   #937
nrr8865

Thanks! Only bad thing is we are going in blind. Will have to walk course and try to remember.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:26 AM   #938
mp51998

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Show them how we do in Corpus, Ray. Wish we could have made it. We are all here rooting for you. They are going to have a little surprise I believe.
How was the 'event ' at the speed shop yesterday? Did you get to meet Pete? Once he gets to see you drive I bet he'll want to sponsor you. Have fun and post some pics please.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote