Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 02:21 PM   #15
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post
Yea, it's been flavor of the month every month for just the past 6 years

Everyone should be aware that Camaro5 exists due to a passion for the cars, not for any other reason. We love Camaros. I'm going to use a smilie to demonstrate how the administrators and moderators feel about Camaros. That's us on the outside. There's a Camaro in the middle.
warn 145:159 ban
Old 01-30-2013, 02:52 PM   #16
colin911

Drives: 1985 Camaro Z28
Locked thread, no PM, don't know who did it

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...10#post6102110

Normally I would contact the moderator who closed the thread to ask why it happened. However, since it was not stated who did the lock I am forced to start a new thread.

Why was this post locked with no notice or explanation?

As WheelmanSS said:

Quote:
And I agree with the OP. These constant plugs for the 7th gen Corvette forum are very distasteful. It makes it seem like Camaro5 is just a Flavor of the month until a new crowd can be found to make money off of.
If you are going to post vette news on the home page, why do the articles always have to link only to your sister site and not a thread on camaro5? That is suggesting that this site is not the place for corvette news/discussion... that's fine... but hey, wait a minute... see what I'm saying?

I agree that most Camaro enthusiasts are also interested in Corvettes, so it makes sense to have some vette news posted. However, just linking users off to the new sister site with no option of discussing here is ridiculous.

Clearly this is also not up for open discussion as my thread was promptly locked. I thought this section was intended for Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:00 PM   #17
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I did not lock your thread, but I can see why it was probably locked.

Camaro5 is an open site with a friendly atmosphere. We intend to keep this site positive, and sometimes people won't like everything we do to maintain that positive atmosphere.

Complaining about certain kinds of posts or certain material defies the purpose of a forum. Even if a question has been asked a million times, it is the community's place to answer it in a friendly, respectful way rather than needlessly criticizing a new member. The same is true with the content we promote on the site. Not everyone is a fan of all of our vendors, but we're confident that someone on this site is the right brand for you to have on your Camaro.

Promoting Corvette7 is a little bit of self-promotion—sure, we want that site to grow—but it is also important. The Corvette has traditionally been the source of technology and engineering for the Camaro. The lessons GM has learned over the years engineering Corvette engines, suspensions, and other components has directly resulted in better Camaros. Where did the LS3 originate? It was in the Corvette! We need to learn about Corvettes in order to know more about what is coming in the next Camaro.

I hope I answered your question. It is not our intention as moderators and administrators to offend, insult, or upset members of our community. We're just trying to keep everyone positive, and sometimes that means we have to take down negative material. We are open to improvements and suggestions.
warn 145:159 ban

Closed Thread