Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-20-2009, 11:38 AM   #1
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Don't Like Camaro, Trading in Threads...

I understand the "I have to sell my Camaro" and the "I am going to miss you guys" threads if your life changes and you have to trade in or sell your Camaro....

What I don't get is why people feel the need or what requirement or void is filled by posting negativity towards the Camaro, or any car that is a first year release. The Camaro was announced 3 years ago on a new platform. This site (and others) were here to give everyone enough information about the Camaro that was humanly possible. The car is a new platform and with any new platform there will be issues. I myself have no issues with the car and I have a thorough background in domestic performance vehicles, racing and track time. The SS was meant for a broad category of a base enthusiast... For the price, you can't go wrong. Hell, my 02 WS6 sticker was $33k..My 2SS with $3200 in options? $37k. Over 8 years the sticker went up 4k for a better engine, better trans, newly developed exterior, nicer interior, more options, better tires,...the list goes on.

If you were like a lot of us R6P guys and purchased blindly, you made a choice. If you purchased after the car hit the lots and could actually test drive it, you still made a choice.

People are getting rubbed the wrong way with their purchase and it all boils down to one of three things or a combination thereof.....buyers remorse, frivolous purchase or uninformed purchase.

Just tweaks me to troll those threads. I will ignore them from here on out.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:49 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
I'm with you Banshee.........well said. Trooll's need to be ignored, as it makes them tired and they don't have any fun and then they just go away.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:53 AM   #3
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
those threads are just asking for trolls. Because they appear to only have one purpose, to badmouth a car that they regret buying. The posters never seem to ask themselves WHY they ended up disliking the car. If they really thought about it, they'd probably realized they didn't research enough before purchasing and realize that as with all non-customized cars, there are some drawbacks. I for one know I'll love the car when I get it. I'll be aware of the few shortcomings and the numerous benefits. If I ever post anything negative, I'll definitely be trying to figure out how I can "fix" the issue and not just say, "I give up, this car sucks because I took a turn one day at 60mph and I hit a pole, and a car like this should've been able to handle that turn!!!!"

anyway, I agree...
Old 10-20-2009, 11:59 AM   #4
Chrisrp454

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS M6, 98Z28 M6
Yeap and I love mine, so don't really care if they keep it or trade it in!

Ordered 5/23/2009
3400 with TPW of 08/03/09
3800 8/11/2009
Arrived 8/21/2009 2SS/RS/Aqua Blue/Grey Interior
Chrisrp454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:09 PM   #5
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion. I bought the car without a test drive and only from info I'd read here & other places; besides owning one in 1982 (I know, she's VERY different today). There were lots of things I was surprised about when I first sat in one - after ordering from my 3rd dealer. Still, I kept my order and loved the car. Some people just didn't know what to expect - reading and driving are VERY different! No matter how much info I'm told or read, MY experience will be different. I haven't really read major badmouthing - just the things that don't meet people's expectations - expectations made from reading...not from experience: reality can bite one in the proverbial tookas.

We're all different and should be allowed to express ourselves. Hopefully they don't bash the 2010 Camaro as they part for their own reasons. And, good luck to them and great luck to us who love all, part, or whatever we love about the car.

I'm keeping my Baby!! Making mods and enjoying every minute of her! Wish I had more $ to play with

Peace out...
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:12 PM   #6
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Manual Synergy Grn
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
+1

Buggin'!
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:14 PM   #7
jelly2m8

Drives: GM 2 seaters
I got a chuckle out of the recent tread where the poster was unhappy how it compared to other performance cars, yet traded it for a Silverado
jelly2m8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:17 PM   #8
wrek
2G1FK1EJ6-9

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS Transformer
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelly2m8 View Post
I got a chuckle out of the recent tread where the poster was unhappy how it compared to other performance cars, yet traded it for a Silverado

I bought mine after a single test-drive of a similar model at a local dealer. I had a road trip to go get the specific car I wanted though. Never a doubt this was the next car for me, and I've driven FORD my whole life except for a couple years I had an '84 Firebird.
wrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:25 PM   #9
deljaso

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS
The only thing funnier than threads about leaving is threads about threads about people leaving.

And even funnier? Replying on a thread about threads about leaving to make fun of that thread.
deljaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:27 PM   #10
Vuron00

Drives: 2010 CGM 2LT
This is an information site. If someone is thinking about buying a new car, isn't it better to hear differing opinions? I'd like to see the good and the bad if I were researching buying a car.

There is an entire section on this site dealing with problems and issues. I think its the same thing.
Vuron00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:57 PM   #11
mikel441

Drives: 2014 Sonic, 2010 Camaro SS
I love my new Camaro. I test drove a V6 before ordering a V8. The six seemed a bit slow and didn't have that fire I missed in my old ones. However it was a pleasure to drive. Comfy, all layed out the way I like it. I had seen all colors in person except ABM, the color I ordered. When I saw the car for the first time and I heard it crank up and run, I knew I had made the right choice. Then after the pre purchase test drive, I was sucked into the CTW (Camaro Time Warp). Never gonna let this one go like I did the last Camaro I owned. If a person is a true Camaro enthusiast they will like this car. And if they are like me. Camaro is the only car that queches that thirst. If a car buyer is just looking for the next trendy thing coming along, they would probably be just as happy in a KIA or a Honda. This car is certainly not for everyone. I do get tired of the negativity and bashing though.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:14 PM   #12
TwoEcho
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-Imperial Blue
I guess I just do not understand why people get so butthurt when people express differeing opinions. People have a right to not like this car. I do not understand why one would waste precious time posting about it on a forum, but they have that right as well. I tend to just ignore it. There's been a lot of whining about "he doesn't like my car", "Stop posting negative things about the Transformers" and the like. I love my car and I do not care if others like it or not. Don't like the Camaro and are trading it in for a Hyundai? I don't care. Think a Kia Sorento is better on gas and performance? I don't care. You own a freaking Camaro! Now go drive it and enjoy life...

TwoEcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:17 PM   #13
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by deljaso View Post
The only thing funnier than threads about leaving is threads about threads about people leaving.

And even funnier? Replying on a thread about threads about leaving to make fun of that thread.
So what does that make you...

Just sayin...

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:31 PM   #14
Blackhawk6

Drives: Born:18 Sept 2009 #47903
Best purchase I have ever made.... This will be something that I will be pass on to my kids... Don't know how I went as long as I did before buying one. Thank you GM Great Car....
Blackhawk6 is offline   Reply With Quote