Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-03-2010, 03:14 PM   #15
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Why not?

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:06 PM   #16
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
The last time I was in Charlotte (October, I think), I picked up a rental from Avis. I counted more than 20 Camaros in their parking lot, all V6's, in all colors. If they wanted $100/day, that would explain why they were all sitting.

clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:38 AM   #17
shankomatic

Drives: 2010 2LT V6 ABM
[QUOTE=jrhaus76;1440641]I am going to Vegas in May, called about a Camaro, they have them at the airport. You have to be over 25. $120 a day, $100 if its on special. /QUOTE]

Being realistic why is the rental on this car so much. First of all these prices are for the V6, non-RS version 2LT. Sticker price about 28k. You can rent a luxury sedan with about the same sticker price for less than half of the price.
shankomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:07 PM   #18
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgenz28 View Post
It is Vegas, if you got enough cash you cna have anything there.
They probably hold em for the high rollers who won't even question it.

Anyone in Vegas should take something down to pawn stars n see if you can get on TV
No, that seems to be standard protocol for Camaros. I tried to rent one twice in May/June from Indy. They had them in stock but would not reserve them. I had to jsut drive to Indy and hope they'd have them when I get there. I guess they keep them as a first come/first serve basis. You dont have to be a high roller. If yiou have $120 a day, you get one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcamaro View Post
I don't think any of the luxury rentals, such as Dream Car Rentals, have them yet.
They don't. Thats where I got my Jeep, DCR. I like them. I have rented off them many times then i switched to Rent-a-Vette. They seemes to have better kept cars but they went under so I am back to DCR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankomatic View Post

Being realistic why is the rental on this car so much. First of all these prices are for the V6, non-RS version 2LT. Sticker price about 28k. You can rent a luxury sedan with about the same sticker price for less than half of the price.
Its really not that far off base. There is a lot of insureance they have to carry plus to mantain the fleet and pay for the locations... It all has to roll in to the rental rate. In prospective a Mustang was about the same cost. A Mustang convertible was a little more. I priced an Escalade for the 3 days... almost $800! Renting cars is not cheap! $100-$120 is pretty reasonable. I jsut coundn't justify it since i own one better than they would ever rent. Best case I get a 2SS A6.

And what are you calling a "luxury sedan" Only thing I found less than $100 a day that wasnt a crap box focus was a Mazda6 for like $90 a day. Luxury cars are much more expensive.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:20 PM   #19
shad2009
"Cassie"

Drives: 2007 Tungsten Grey Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to shad2009 Send a message via Yahoo to shad2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCamaroOwner View Post
I'm 23. Have a clean DMV record. Just sucks. I live here too
gotta be 25...i was bummed when i went to go rent one and was all happy and the lady was like "you gotta be 25"...it bites

Future Wheels - 2014 Ford Mustang GT & 2014 Chevy Camaro
shad2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:31 PM   #20
jrc1122

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by clg_98ta View Post
The last time I was in Charlotte (October, I think), I picked up a rental from Avis. I counted more than 20 Camaros in their parking lot, all V6's, in all colors. If they wanted $100/day, that would explain why they were all sitting.
100 dollars a day for a V6 rental? lol.. Yeah I would say that is precisely why they are all on the lot and not on the street. RIP OFF.

Reminds me when the new PT Cruiser came out, and people were paying huge mark ups and going on waiting lists, and now they are a dime a dozen.
________
Synthetic weed

Last edited by jrc1122; 03-11-2011 at 10:43 PM.
jrc1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:40 PM   #21
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Obviously most of you dont rent cars too often. They are not cheap. $100 a day is not that unheard of. Go look. I just check all the major rental places before booking my Jeep Wrnagler for $90 a day. Nothing is less than say $80 a day uless you want to drive so crappy Aveo, Focus or such. Rental cars are a scam but people need them. If you want to drive something nice, it costs. Its not jsut the Camaro. Look at some prices. If you could find a G8, it would be well over $100 a day I am sure but they dont rent those b/c they arent that popular. Now dont go and get your panties in a wad. They are a SWEET cars and yours is very nice but to Joe Schmoe, its nothing special. The Camaro is/was a fad this summer so people were jumping over renting them to see the hype. I am betting you wont see Avis carry them much longer. I am betting once the vert comes out they will dump all the coupes for them. Look at the Mustang... Not many place rent coupe mustangs. In Vegas they do and they are expensive. Over $100 a day...
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:04 PM   #22
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by shad2009 View Post
gotta be 25...i was bummed when i went to go rent one and was all happy and the lady was like "you gotta be 25"...it bites
Some free country.

Same problem here.
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:18 PM   #23
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronE View Post
HAHAHA I'm going to vegas next month. I want to visit the pawn star dudes! they seem tight!
Tell Chum I said hi
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 04:27 PM   #24
jrc1122

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
Obviously most of you dont rent cars too often. They are not cheap. $100 a day is not that unheard of. Go look. I just check all the major rental places before booking my Jeep Wrnagler for $90 a day. Nothing is less than say $80 a day uless you want to drive so crappy Aveo, Focus or such. Rental cars are a scam but people need them. If you want to drive something nice, it costs. Its not jsut the Camaro. Look at some prices. If you could find a G8, it would be well over $100 a day I am sure but they dont rent those b/c they arent that popular. Now dont go and get your panties in a wad. They are a SWEET cars and yours is very nice but to Joe Schmoe, its nothing special. The Camaro is/was a fad this summer so people were jumping over renting them to see the hype. I am betting you wont see Avis carry them much longer. I am betting once the vert comes out they will dump all the coupes for them. Look at the Mustang... Not many place rent coupe mustangs. In Vegas they do and they are expensive. Over $100 a day...
That is funny because in the year 2009 I rented a car for 58 days straight and then another 13 days. (both from National Rental Car) It was way under 100 dollars a day

58 days = Pontiac G6 GT
13 days= Chrysler Sebring Convertible (they were low on cars lol)

I also scheduled a rental car twice in the past week (wife was suppose to fly in to VA, but snow canceled her both weekends.

2 day rental was 91 bucks (taxes and all) for full size car from Hertz after taxes.

So yeah 100 bucks is ridiculous.

OH yeah and ironically enough that was in Las Vegas both times ( 58 days and 13 days)

You know what is a rip off.. though.... I called to get a free car for a few days (after using National Rental car for 71 days) and they told me I had earned two free days.. what a rip off.
7 days would be a 10% discount.. 3.5 days would be 5% discount.

1.75 days would be 2.5%

So essentially all that business earned me a whopping 2.5% discount.

What a joke. (some perk their club card is) lol
________
Cheap Galaxy 6Mm Airsoft Pistol Black

Last edited by jrc1122; 03-11-2011 at 10:43 PM.
jrc1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 04:45 PM   #25
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post

I rent cars 10-15 times a year or so. I typically pay $35 - $50 per day for mid or fullsize. Specal rates of $28/day is not uncommon... you just have to look for deals and try different discount codes (like costco, usaa, etc).
I've rented mustangs for $35/day, so I don't understand $100/day for a V6 Camaro.

Now specialty cars are much more expensive like minivans and SUVs, sometimes approaching the $100 mark. I would expect to also pay that for a Camaro SS or a Corvette.

clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:11 PM   #26
SorrowCamaro

Drives: looking for a Black: 1SS & an LS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc1122 View Post
100 dollars a day for a V6 rental? lol.. Yeah I would say that is precisely why they are all on the lot and not on the street. RIP OFF.

Reminds me when the new PT Cruiser came out, and people were paying huge mark ups and going on waiting lists, and now they are a dime a dozen.
It was ~$225 for the V8 when I was quoted.

I thought it was 25+ with a credit card, 21+ with a credit card and a fee added, and impossible for 18+.

I'm almost 20, I've been trying to rent it for quite a while. :(

Black/Black 2SS. Can't afford one yet, but one day.
SorrowCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:32 PM   #27
acatlover13
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro IOM/IO
Send a message via AIM to acatlover13 Send a message via Skype™ to acatlover13
I had to go to the regional manager to rent one around here. I knew there were some in the area, and I even knew when it was being returned, but they wouldn't "reserve" it for me. I called the regional office and talked to the manager and he reserved it for me when it was returning. That was back in June when you couldn't test drive any of the Camaros at the dealer. I don't know if it's easier or harder now.
acatlover13 is offline   Reply With Quote