Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 10-05-2010, 10:42 AM   #729
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE1320 View Post
Bruce,

I'll be starting on your fabbed 9" IRS this week. I'll be giving you a call to get some of the details lined out.
The 35 spline wave track and our Outlaw axles will be a good addition to this monster your building

Thanks
Chris
Hey Chris -
What about my 9" rearend? Bruce cant have the first one.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:50 AM   #730
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpxxii View Post
Hey Chris -
What about my 9" rearend? Bruce cant have the first one.

Yeah, we have been waiting a while for this but I think it will really be worth it. The last thing you want to do is worry about the diff/axles exploding...

I'll tell you what - you get 1/2 of the first one and I'll take the other half. We each get one drive wheel.

On a side note, can't wait to see the results of the Camaros running at the LSX shootout...
Old 10-05-2010, 06:53 PM   #731
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Thanks. Been out of town a lot lately.

Here is the new intake. The crazy IR cross ram intake has to get the CNC routines ironed out so instead of waiting any longer on that one, we had Hogan built this custom intake to NRE's specific specs for this engine/car. i.e. The plenum area, runner cross section dimensions, height (this clears the raised hood we bought by about a 1/4") and the hidden plumbing goodies are for this car.

Picture 1 - The intake on the bench with the billet nose pieces in place. This intake has a huge plenum volume and tons of runner length.
Picture 2 - The hidden octane-on-demand fuel distribution system.
Picture 3 - The business end of the hidden fuel rail and hidden injectors. Note that the lower set of injectors is completely horizontal. The injector will shoot right to the back of the valve.

Now we just need to get everything connected and wired. Then the hardline turbo plumbing will be done and onto the dyno it will go.
That's freaking crazy and awesome Bruce!!
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:00 PM   #732
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Nice car Mike. I thought you sold that one already...

What a lineup though - The Camaro, The Chevelle and THAT

I wonder what PSI those Air Shocks are set at.
but , really, could you imagine pulling up to this car at a traffic stop and getting your doors blown off...lol.. i would slump down in my seat and ..just think, he has out built you and has camo,d his car as a piece of crap...but really the wing is functional, which helps push the ass down during high speed..also has the nelson engine that dyno at 2200 hp...a guy who has $$$$$ and just wants to embarrass you in front of your woman and friends...not embarassing to get beat by something we consider worthy , but to get beat by this.... just something to say hmmmm
Old 10-05-2010, 09:30 PM   #733
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
but , really, could you imagine pulling up to this car at a traffic stop and getting your doors blown off...lol.. i would slump down in my seat and ..just think, he has out built you and has camo,d his car as a piece of crap...but really the wing is functional, which helps push the ass down during high speed..also has the nelson engine that dyno at 2200 hp...a guy who has $$$$$ and just wants to embarrass you in front of your woman and friends...not embarassing to get beat by something we consider worthy , but to get beat by this.... just something to say hmmmm
Yeah, that would be disheartening to get beat by that. we would have to assume if that occurred, it has the Flux Capacitor option...
Old 10-06-2010, 10:11 AM   #734
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Yeah, that would be disheartening to get beat by that. we would have to assume if that occurred, it has the Flux Capacitor option...
lol
Old 10-07-2010, 03:36 PM   #735
camaro guy

Drives: 2010 camaro LS
still finished by 10/10?
camaro guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:48 PM   #736
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro guy View Post
still finished by 10/10?
When I wake up from the dream it is, but in reality it still needs dyno time and the differential... :(

But it really should be soon.
Old 10-08-2010, 01:25 AM   #737
4thGen427CI
5th Gen

Drives: 10 SS
:So how much boost so you think your gonna run when you hit the track?

P.S. I used to go by Corvette_LS2_or_Camaro_LS3, I changed name to 4thGen427 due too long of a name. An was wondering why you didn't respond to my comments. Then I thought I changed my name!

Last edited by 4thGen427CI; 10-10-2010 at 06:42 PM.
4thGen427CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:59 PM   #738
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:59 PM   #739
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGen427CI View Post
:So how much boost so you think your gonna run when you hit the track?

P.S. I used to go by Corvette_LS2_or_Camaro_LS3, I changed name to 4thGen427 due too long of a name. An was wondering why you didn't respond to my comments. Then I thought I changed my name!
Hey sorry 'bout that. Yeah that was a pretty long name you had there...

So about the boost - I think we are going to limit it to around 2-1/2 atmospheres or so which is around 36 - 38 psi. That should give it some decent power at the track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
Thanks for the Bump rad...

There is a little delay in getting the SST engine on the dyno :( but for a much better reason.

Tom Nelson was at the Bonneville Salt Flats in Utah when his wife called him at 5:00 in the morning to tell him that her water broke. (Their baby was not due for another 6 weeks...) So being the first birth Tom flat hauled back home and made it to the hospital about 35 minutes after his son was born. Mommy and child are doing fine, but I can think of no better reason to have the guys at the NRE Supercar shop slow down on the SST stuff.

Having your first child is a very nervous time for most parents and to have it come early just multiplies it. Anyway, that's the story. ...And how many engine builders would call from the pre-natal ICU of the hospital to make sure the customer is happy.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:17 PM   #740
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Well I'm here to tell everyone that Bruce has gone pretty quiet about his build...

Had lunch with him last week and he gave me NOTHIN!!!!!!

Just kept shrugin' his shoulders and saying stuff like, oh yeah we'll see. should be pretty good. yeah I'm looking forward.
once we get this and that figured out...

He was like a politician...

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:53 PM   #741
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Well I'm here to tell everyone that Bruce has gone pretty quiet about his build...

Had lunch with him last week and he gave me NOTHIN!!!!!!

Just kept shrugin' his shoulders and saying stuff like, oh yeah we'll see. should be pretty good. yeah I'm looking forward.
once we get this and that figured out...

He was like a politician...

Ha, you're funny Chris. Three times up at your place with the C5 poster car parked out front and still no ride in your Bad Blue Beast. :(

Sounds awesome though. Tom and Mark couldn't believe how quiet it was...UNTIL you stomped on the gas, then everyone in the complex knew it was THAT CAR... They brought that up multiple times on the ride home while riding in the Magnum.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:48 AM   #742
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
That's it. I'm coming down there to see just what is going on! I'm hoping the Camaro is there. I was promised a ride...
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine psi > tire psi, f5....., holy crap!, horsepower, omgwtfbbqsaucepowa!!!, speedster, sst, turbo