Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-09-2017, 10:08 PM   #29
DagoCountyGee

Drives: '15 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenging Orange View Post
30 years of putting my life on the line as a plice officer has finally netted me $72k. 60k for putting mail in a box is "damn good" in my opinon.
Trust me alot of people quit for "just putting mail in a box". I was gonna quit and apply for a police officer
Old 12-09-2017, 10:09 PM   #30
DagoCountyGee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
My uncle is a mailman. He said he does really well with overtime. I don't know his definition of "really well".
Overtime is never guaranteed
Old 12-10-2017, 01:14 PM   #31
c0r3yr0s3

Drives: 2012 camaro 2ss
That's a good amount more than I make and I'm an iron worker. I bleed every other day and during summer, I usually look like I p!$$ed myself from all the sweat
c0r3yr0s3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 03:00 PM   #32
DagoCountyGee

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0r3yr0s3 View Post
That's a good amount more than I make and I'm an iron worker. I bleed every other day and during summer, I usually look like I p!$$ed myself from all the sweat
I dont doubt it. Im still young and im only at 43k... all the older carriers look like they are being held together by band aids lol their bodies are broken down. Just ask your carrier
Old 12-10-2017, 03:24 PM   #33
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DagoCountyGee View Post
I dont doubt it. Im still young and im only at 43k... all the older carriers look like they are being held together by band aids lol their bodies are broken down. Just ask your carrier
It should not be too bad being a mail carrier in SoCal. My uncle delivers mail in Illinois. Scorching hot in the summer and freezing in the winter.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 03:25 PM   #34
c0r3yr0s3

Drives: 2012 camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by DagoCountyGee View Post
I've been an iron worker for 20 years and I'm at 40k. I think I need a career change
c0r3yr0s3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 06:13 PM   #35
cblades

Drives: 2010 SS
I’m a high school teacher in my 18th year and make 43,000. Do I get tips? No, but I have to spend a boatload of my own money to educate the children of people who make six figures.. I tip people who have crappy pay.. restaurant workers I tip well as most are young people trying to get by.
cblades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 07:44 PM   #36
spike III
COTW 6/25/12

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
I retired at 59 driving truck 38 years 49 states. And misseda lot of holidays and family events but that was my choice. Retired with a $ 55,000 a year pension. Plus the wifes and both are social security. No problems here we worked together for this specific living.

I tip my UPS & USPS but not FEDEX. the first 2 always ring the door bell but not fedex he just leaves the package and puts a sticker on the door. The first 2 have their own seperate combinations to a door on shed they can leave the packages if no answer at door. And my property has 15 cameras on all the time.

Last edited by spike III; 12-10-2017 at 09:32 PM.
spike III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 10:49 PM   #37
Terryfied

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
I give my UPS guy a Christmas card with $50 inside every year. He's brought me many car parts through the years and we've become friends. I always look forward to the big brown truck rollin down the driveway.
Terryfied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 11:15 PM   #38
Blu Ray
NO BOOST

Drives: 2015 Black 1SS/RS/1LE*NPP*RECAROS
Send a message via AIM to Blu Ray Send a message via Yahoo to Blu Ray
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhagen View Post
I don't tip anyone in a Union.

FOUNDER - NY/NJ/PA Domestic Car Club Est.2013
Custom Grind Comp Cam 110 Lobe * Brian Tooley Push Rods, Springs * Kooks 1 7/8 LT Headers * Comp Cam Trunion Bearings * NGK TR55 Spark Plugs * Rotofab CAI * Dyno Tune * CNC Ported Heads * LS7 Lifters & Tray * GM Performance Dual Mode Exhaust * GForce 1000 HP Axels* BMR 1" Lowering Springs, Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Upper Control Arms* Full Rear Bushing Kit * 504/462
Blu Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 05:52 AM   #39
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
To not give a tip just because you think someone makes enough money to deserve one is pretty shallow.
I give the trash men cards with money every year around Christmas. They appreciate it greatly, and it keeps a good relationship throughout the year. My mail carrier changes a lot as does UPS and Fedx drivers so I dont.

It comes down to wanting to show your appreciation to someone for the service they have provied to you throughout the year. The problem is there are far to many people that feel slighted, hell this thread proofs that, for what they make. "Why should I give? I only make X ,and I do Y. Such and such makes good money. They don't deserve a tip."
I've been in a service related industry my entire career, and I can tell you that it feels good when someone takes the time to recognize what you have done for them. I like to try and pass that same feeling onto someone else.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 06:07 AM   #40
Orange skid mark
Just an average Dude

Drives: 2015 1LT Grey w/Orange Rally Stripe
My wife insists on baking all of them cookies - except UPS and FEDEX. She also bakes cookies for my 25 employees and 4 co-workers in the office. My employees for the most part drive me nuts all year except near xmas - rotten, ungrateful bastards.
Old 12-11-2017, 06:16 AM   #41
SquawkVFR
Once upon a time...

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange skid mark View Post
My wife insists on baking all of them cookies - except UPS and FEDEX. She also bakes cookies for my 25 employees and 4 co-workers in the office. My employees for the most part drive me nuts all year except near xmas - rotten, ungrateful bastards.
#76,458 of 129,405. Fancy floor mats, AC, painted lug nuts, high thingy on the back, thingy in the receptacle, low thingy on the front, loud thingy in the middle, open/closer doohickies, sucker uppers and castle back smoke stack super jet. 142=0.25x-58 equus ferus caballus output measuring units.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 09:14 AM   #42
cblades

Drives: 2010 SS
Don't Forget

To tip you doctor after your next visit.... lol Some jobs rely on tips while others have a salary that doesn't justify it. And what I mean is if we are obligated to tip EVERYBODY that provides us with a service we will go broke. Tip those that rely on it as well as those that provide us with a continuous service. FedEX and UPS come to my house 10 times a year if that and the mail carrier changes all the time.
I tip:
1. Restaurant workers.
2. Garbage man gets a Christmas card with cash.
cblades is offline   Reply With Quote