Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 09-09-2012, 08:52 PM   #85
Neffarious

Drives: 2012 SS (2SS/RS, M6, IOM/Blk Rally)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LADYBMBLEBEE View Post
Glen & I went too. Glen won a raffle prize for me. A real cool metal sign with a bunch of Gen 1 Camaros painted on it. I squealed and jumped up and down like a wild child when he showed me. Luckily no one was around with a camera!
Jelly. I'm not allowed to have any 67-69 Camaro stuff in the house. It will tempt me to buy one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farthestnorth View Post
That sucks bud, no reason to wash mine, i am installing Exhaust Cut outs Wednesday and starting to tear the front end down to install Halos to headlamps and fog lights, but i also have to paint them while i am in there!
I been looking at PQ's build thread and I want some of those Noweeds cutouts he has. Only I dont wana cut my LT's to make it happen.

I took my technostalgia tail lights out today. Bitches keep giving me problems and its embarrassing when they are not working properly. I may just install some AAC afterburner lights. I hear when you are doing stuff like tearing apart headlights/tail lights you gota be in 100% dry weather or you will get some condensation. Better be careful I hear that this week we are getting rain.

In your next picture post, DIY guide, or advertisement thread take a moment and think of the color blind guy. Thanks.
Neffarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 09:42 PM   #86
Dragonlady
Lovin' it!

Drives: 2010 Synergy or a '83 Z-28.
We won't talk about the exhaust [/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPFREEKSCOTTY View Post
UMMM???

Whaaaa???????

Just have to make it up to Bellevue to see your guy Scotty. Not having any luck with installers on the south end. I have also done some research and it seems like there shouldn't be any issues installing them. The only thing that keeps coming up is the difference in the pipe (so a reducer, like we talked about) and may be some concern with the hangers, but can't see that being an issue either.

Quote:
SO did anyone go to any car show this weekend?
End of the World Run in Long Beach. Such a fun show! The cruise is great to do once and then sit back and watch! Saw a fantastic gasser(post pic later) Was even better when I get a "coffee" hand delivered to me

Happy Birthday Shawn!
Old 09-09-2012, 09:45 PM   #87
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBum View Post
Hi Tori:

"Baby" And I Went To Bailey's Today - Lots Of Nice Cars There Too - Got Her Home And She's Back In The Garage - See You At "Valley Fest"?
I probably won't make it to Valley Fest - but see you at the meeting next tuesday night? It will be at Barry & Kaycee's house - if you need directions let me know.

Quote:
That sucks bud, no reason to wash mine, i am installing Exhaust Cut outs Wednesday and starting to tear the front end down to install Halos to headlamps and fog lights, but i also have to paint them while i am in there!
I don't envy you that project, we tore my lights apart last winter for the halo and paint. I love the end result but be ready for a fight getting those headlights broke apart!

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:07 PM   #88
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Drives: PSHHH UWISH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neffarious View Post
Jelly. I'm not allowed to have any 67-69 Camaro stuff in the house. It will tempt me to buy one.

I been looking at PQ's build thread and I want some of those Noweeds cutouts he has. Only I dont wana cut my LT's to make it happen.

I took my technostalgia tail lights out today. Bitches keep giving me problems and its embarrassing when they are not working properly. I may just install some AAC afterburner lights. I hear when you are doing stuff like tearing apart headlights/tail lights you gota be in 100% dry weather or you will get some condensation. Better be careful I hear that this week we are getting rain.
You don't install the exhaust cutouts into the headers, they go into the turn in your exhaust like where you use to have cats if you removed them or just after your cats like the resonators are. No Weeds, QTP all the same thing same sound when they are open, it all depends obviously what you have done to your motor on the sound!

As for the headlamps, i won't touch em if it's all moist & wet outside but i have heat lamps so shouldn't be so bad if i do?
Really getting sick of the Technostalgia Tail Lights also, every-time i turn around they work or they don't, tired of it!
Old 09-09-2012, 11:23 PM   #89
kjnylin

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black/Black Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjnylin View Post
Hey Tim, Thanks for starting this! It's good for those things that don't fit neatly into an existing bucket. Like this gem!

I just received this from lip/splitter today. $145 on eBay with free shipping. It's polyurethane with a decent finish. After I prep the edges nice and paint it, I hope it will look decent. Not sure though.

I have kept my car pretty stock on the outside and have not felt the need to add ground effects, etc, on this daily driver. However, as you may notice in the picture, there is a nasty curb scuff on the lower right hand bumper cover. This will cover that up!

For the price, it's worth a shot. Wish me luck!
Polyurathane did not like the paint I tried applying. Tried both Krylon Fusion for plastic and Rustolium for plastic. Trying to avoid the cost of professional painting. I am going to check out having it vinyl wrapped by GuardLine here in Puyallup. Might even do it in carbon fiber pattern.

I'll keep you posted.

Order accepted by GM, 6/15/2009
Picked up at dealer 8/21/2009
UPDATE! Purchased a 2013 ZL1 on 3/14/2015.
kjnylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:50 PM   #90
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Keep us posted Ken on how it turns out! The Carbon Fiber will look real good on there with the color of your ride!
Old 09-09-2012, 11:58 PM   #91
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..

Drives: 2010 Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjnylin View Post
Polyurathane did not like the paint I tried applying. Tried both Krylon Fusion for plastic and Rustolium for plastic. Trying to avoid the cost of professional painting. I am going to check out having it vinyl wrapped by GuardLine here in Puyallup. Might even do it in carbon fiber pattern.

I'll keep you posted.
Hi Ken!
Go here: http://www.paintscratch.com/

They sell plastic adhesion promoter and flexible primer just for painting on plastic. It's the only place I can get an affordable SGM paint. I got it for my engine cover, but haven't used it yet. Used all my paint on fixing my nose-piece. Second order went on a bike. Next order...

With envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:08 AM   #92
kjnylin

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black/Black Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by With envy View Post
Hi Ken!
Go here: http://www.paintscratch.com/

They sell plastic adhesion promoter and flexible primer just for painting on plastic. It's the only place I can get an affordable SGM paint. I got it for my engine cover, but haven't used it yet. Used all my paint on fixing my nose-piece. Second order went on a bike. Next order...
Thanks for the tip. I do think I will skip trying to paint it myself though. I'm just bad at it. Okay for small stuff, but not on visible bodywork. I don't have the technique or patience. I think the wrap is a good option. The carbon fiber might look cool. I like subtle mods and don't want it to stick out too much. I'm going to look at that or maybe just gloss black. We'll see.

Order accepted by GM, 6/15/2009
Picked up at dealer 8/21/2009
UPDATE! Purchased a 2013 ZL1 on 3/14/2015.
kjnylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 08:57 PM   #93
LADYBMBLEBEE
Account Suspended

Drives: 12 2SS/RS Transformer, 11 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
We won't talk about the exhaust
I am about ready to rip Bee's right out. The drone at 1500 - 1800 rpm range is driving me insane!
LADYBMBLEBEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:17 PM   #94
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by LADYBMBLEBEE View Post
I am about ready to rip Bee's right out. The drone at 1500 - 1800 rpm range is driving me insane!
Janet is it a manual or Automatic?
Old 09-10-2012, 09:18 PM   #95
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by heRS View Post
I probably won't make it to Valley Fest - but see you at the meeting next tuesday night? It will be at Barry & Kaycee's house - if you need directions let me know.

I don't envy you that project, we tore my lights apart last winter for the halo and paint. I love the end result but be ready for a fight getting those headlights broke apart!
Bake them a little longer than they call for and them come apart real easy!
Old 09-10-2012, 09:46 PM   #96
LADYBMBLEBEE
Account Suspended

Drives: 12 2SS/RS Transformer, 11 2LT/RS
Quote:
Janet is it a manual or Automatic?
Automatic
LADYBMBLEBEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:52 PM   #97
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Delete AFM or have some turn downs fabricated into your exhaust typically at the bend if its a catback? or after the resonators if it's axle back and granted you still have your cats and resonators on it?
Old 09-10-2012, 09:53 PM   #98
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

I am installing some Electric Exhaust Cut Outs on Wednesday and the loudness is going to be out of this world!