Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-20-2008, 10:26 AM   #71
Eich

Drives: '11 SW/Beige 2SS RS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
I was afraid to say it, but since you opened the can of worms... I have to agree completely. Although I do think that the interior will look much better in straight black, I still feel very underwhelmed by it overall. I was really hoping for a more modern look and not this neo-classic rendition. I can't really put my finger on any one thing, I just think that they went way over the top.

I just hope that it feels completely different once you are actually sitting in it, otherwise it will be a G8 GXP for me.

I don't know if I'd say "Cheap" as mentioned earlier but a little cheezy came to mind. For me, being a 41 year old, it has the look of something younger kids would do to a cheaper sports car - rather than being a sophistocated interior. I don't like the shiny orange plastic. But to each his own I guess.

I love the car overall but the interior doesn't endear me to it. The Corvette has a much more professional looking interior - maybe not as "fun" - but I'm not sure that a car that's supposed to appeal to a mass market should be quite that "fun".
Eich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 10:30 AM   #72
ucla1ove3

Drives: soon to be 2010 CAMARO :]
they are trying to target a younger audience with this car though.. hence advertising in transformers onee and two. as well as this orange interior. and the ipod hook up. they are all directed in attracting younger kids to buy this car so that they will have future camaro enthusiasts when they all get older. if they get the kids on that "bandwagon" now, and sweat all the details, they are sure to have many return buyers for the 6th gen. if that happens.
ucla1ove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 11:26 AM   #73
KatarHol

Drives: '04 Mustang GT
What's with the font on the gauges?? They look like crap,they look different from what we've already seen. Is this what the production gauges will look like,because it looks like the numbers were handwritten in! Such a nice interior to be let down by this,seriously,these numbers would be hard to look at every day. Other than that,no complaints,this interior looks great.
It reminds me when the '93 Camaro gauges were piss yellow and they changed it to white in '95(?)......i'm sorry,i can't get over how bad those numbers look.
KatarHol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 11:29 AM   #74
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatarHol View Post
What's with the font on the gauges?? They look like crap,they look different from what we've already seen. Is this what the production gauges will look like,because it looks like the numbers were handwritten in! Such a nice interior to be let down by this,seriously,these numbers would be hard to look at every day. Other than that,no complaints,this interior looks great.
It reminds me when the '93 Camaro gauges were piss yellow and they changed it to white in '95(?)......i'm sorry,i can't get over how bad those numbers look.
what gauges the oil temp and battery gauge???? because you could choose not to get them
Old 09-20-2008, 11:31 AM   #75
seattlecamaroboy

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatarHol View Post
Yes!! I thought the same thing. That font on the speedo and tach gauges is horrid!!! I was going to post that yesterday, but I thought I would be nitpicking.
seattlecamaroboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 01:14 PM   #76
KatarHol

Drives: '04 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlecamaroboy View Post
Yes!! I thought the same thing. That font on the speedo and tach gauges is horrid!!! I was going to post that yesterday, but I thought I would be nitpicking.
I'm glad someone else said something. It's not really too nitpicky,i mean,that's what you look at everyday,i'm sure you could get used to it,but i just really hope that's some kind of preproduction mockup thing,because it really looks bad. It would have to be,from pictures it looks like GM has really delivered a top notch interior,why would they half-ass the gauges? The numbers from the Corvette would be perfect,or the numbers from the official pics.....anything but these.
KatarHol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 01:16 PM   #77
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
I think the orange interior does look a little too flashy and unsophisticated, but as others have mentioned that seems to be an appeal to the younger demographic. I'm young, but it just isn't my style. I'm sure a lot of other people my age would like it though. That said, we've seen the solid color interior and I don't think it looks cheap or cheesy. That's just my opinion though.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 01:25 PM   #78
Wm Holden
Yes, that's my real name.

Drives: 2005 LS2 600hp GTO

Gto interior for comparison...
Magnuson 112HH supercharger at 7.5 psi (Virtual 9.0 liter) 600hp 1 of 2 torrid/red int /A4/05 555r 275/40/R17's Nitto Extreme Drags 1.7 60 ft Car runs high 11's No other mods. I got the first 112HH Magnuson blower ported for a GTO. Now it appears it was also one of the last....

http://www.ribbonprinting.com http://www.personalizedawarenessribbons.com
Wm Holden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 01:50 PM   #79
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
Im thinking that the plastic part is going to end up exactly like the GTO really. A nice high quality material that wont look cheezy in the car.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 02:15 PM   #80
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucla1ove3 View Post
they are trying to target a younger audience with this car though.. hence advertising in transformers onee and two. as well as this orange interior. and the ipod hook up. they are all directed in attracting younger kids to buy this car so that they will have future camaro enthusiasts when they all get older. if they get the kids on that "bandwagon" now, and sweat all the details, they are sure to have many return buyers for the 6th gen. if that happens.
The problem with that strategy is that it can not sustain sales over the long term IMO. I mean, I am only 26 and I would say that this interior is not going to appeal to the majority of people my age. It seems as though it would appeal more to the 16-21 age group, and that is a very narrow demographic. Plus, personally I don't know many people in this age group that will be able to afford a 26-30k car. I just think if they would have toned it down just a bit and not made it so "in your face" that it would appeal to greater audience.

It will also be interesting to see how well it is received by women. If you look at the sales numbers for the Mustang, it's success is due in great part because it has appealed to women.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 02:35 PM   #81
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
I don't think I've ever seen the Camaro appeal to women all THAT much anyway. Sure, I see chicks driving them around here, but I see them driving Mustangs and hell, 4th and 3rd gen Firebirds more than Camaros.

I am attracted substantially to the interior. I am NOT attracted to the color of the car they put it in. A black interior with orange contrasting in a silver car? It doesn't even make sense. If that car was orange or black, I bet you guys might like it.

As for the demographic - I'm 21, the left side of the spectrum for the target demographic this car is catered to. Casull is right that most real young people like myself can't afford it, but a select few, even those without rich parents have the unwavering fortitude and direct, unparalleled enthusiasm for the car which would nab it for them in the end. If you want something enough, it's never out of reach - it's just how reckless and stubborn you are about getting it. But in the end, you're still right... those select few are an even smaller demographic.

Maybe I am attracted to the interior because I fall into that age group. Or it's because I'm artsy and I appreciate the contrast. I STILL just think it's such a turnoff because it's in a car with such an uncomplimentary color.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 03:48 PM   #82
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casull View Post
The problem with that strategy is that it can not sustain sales over the long term IMO. I mean, I am only 26 and I would say that this interior is not going to appeal to the majority of people my age. It seems as though it would appeal more to the 16-21 age group, and that is a very narrow demographic. Plus, personally I don't know many people in this age group that will be able to afford a 26-30k car. I just think if they would have toned it down just a bit and not made it so "in your face" that it would appeal to greater audience.

It will also be interesting to see how well it is received by women. If you look at the sales numbers for the Mustang, it's success is due in great part because it has appealed to women.
The SS with the orange interior was the press car. Its supposed to be flashy and make people go wow. You can still get the car without the huge amount of flash.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 04:05 PM   #83
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
The SS with the orange interior was the press car. Its supposed to be flashy and make people go wow. You can still get the car without the huge amount of flash.
I'm very impressed with the grey interior. The orange is great, but I really want green, so a custom job may be in the works. I like flashy. That's part of the appeal of this car.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 06:20 PM   #84
ucla1ove3

Drives: soon to be 2010 CAMARO :]
yea i am in the 16 year old group and im willing to guess that a lot of kids my age would like it a lot. Mainly because they would probably make them feel like a Racer with the bucket seats and the colors. I like the color but i'm totally with you on that whole toning it down a little. I think it would have looked better if they somehow had a part of the middle of the seat black or something. i think about one third(1/3) less orange would be perfect IMO.
ucla1ove3 is offline   Reply With Quote