Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-06-2012, 08:05 PM   #1
j_gira

Drives: Camaro
Ported Throttlebody

I ordered a ported throttle body for my V6 and when i received it, it read on the bad it came in LS-3. Im not very knowledgeable in cars so.....will this fit my car (they fit all camaros), am i reading the bag wrong, or is this the wrong throttlebody. The part number is 2578-b if that helps.

thanks in advance

Last edited by j_gira; 03-06-2012 at 08:06 PM. Reason: extra info
j_gira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:17 PM   #2
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Just measure the throat size. The V8 one is much larger. If the bag says LS-3 more than likely you got the wrong one. Contact the person who sold it to you.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:21 PM   #3
j_gira

yep, i just checked and it was the V8, im going to be stuck paying a 20% restocking fee, when i googled "v6 port throttle body" it was 1 of the top sites. Im not happy, after searching through thier website, i cant even find if they offer the V6, So why did it come up.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:37 PM   #4
Bill F

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS 2005 Silverado Z71
Did you order the v6 one and they shipped the wrong one? Or did you order the wrong one? If they sent you the wrong one you shouldn't have to pay restocking. I made a mistake ordering once. Now, before clicking the checkout button I check and recheck that I am buying the right part. If there is any doubt, don't hesitate to call the seller to ensure you are ordering what you want.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:39 PM   #5
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_gira View Post
yep, i just checked and it was the V8, im going to be stuck paying a 20% restocking fee, when i googled "v6 port throttle body" it was 1 of the top sites. Im not happy, after searching through thier website, i cant even find if they offer the V6, So why did it come up.
who did you buy it from? Tell them that they sent you the wrong one, you shouldn't have to pay a restocking fee. SC2150 sells them - send him a PM I'm sure he will work with you.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:44 PM   #6
j_gira

It was my fault, the site does offer the V6, i ordered it from jannettyracing, but in my defense when i googled "V6 camaro port throttlebody" it was the top site.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:44 PM   #7
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Thanks for the info. from the PM I sent you. I would contact them and see what they will do for you on waving the re-stocking fee. Then I would contact Tracy (SC1250) as mentioned he is one of the best people for help and products for the V6 since he loves to help us so much.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:56 PM   #8
j_gira

ya i definetly gonna contact Tracy, but i have to wait to get resolved i dont have enough to have that much tied up on the same thing. Lesson learned, im gonna run my purchases through here before i buy to ensure i get the right piece and see who would be the best to buy from,

Thanks for all your guys help
Old 03-07-2012, 08:49 AM   #9
j_gira

Well, the guys at jennettyracing really took care of it, he said he would refund back(not charging a restocking fee) everything but the shipping costs (which is perfectly ok with me) or i could get a credit for something else at the shop. This is exactly what i was looking to happen.. Thanks again guys for the help!!
Old 03-07-2012, 08:55 AM   #10
Buffnshine
So Cal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '06 HHR, '70 El Camino
Knew JRE would take care of it. They get theirs from Tracy. Did you order without having any correspondence first ?
TEAM L99 - So Cal Camaro5 Race Team #27
9/5/09 Purchased #36962 Black 1SS/RS L99 "E-TCKT" Base Dyno 328hp/341tq @BBK meet
Mods to Date: Window Tint 5% & 15%, ACC P13W Lighting, Adaptive DRL Harness, Ghost Armor, Lloyds "SS" Mats, Dash Plaque, Flowmaster Outlaw Exhaust, Drake Front Bowtie Delete, Stealth 3457 Chrome/Mirror Signal Bulbs, Grant Revolutions Steering Wheel, PFADT Sport Springs, Sway Bars, End Links, Trailing Arms, 4 Wheel Alignment, Hurst Auto Shifter and Paddle Shifter, Satin Black Rear Tail Light Bezels
Buffnshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:27 AM   #11
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_gira View Post
Well, the guys at jennettyracing really took care of it, he said he would refund back(not charging a restocking fee) everything but the shipping costs (which is perfectly ok with me) or i could get a credit for something else at the shop. This is exactly what i was looking to happen.. Thanks again guys for the help!!

AWESOME. Always glad to hear the good news about our sponsors.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:55 PM   #12
j_gira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffnshine View Post
Knew JRE would take care of it. They get theirs from Tracy. Did you order without having any correspondence first ?
Ya, only through the website but I learned my lesson, ask here first who to buy from then call th ensure I'm getting the right thing.