Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-24-2017, 07:24 AM   #1
tylerng1999

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LS
ARH vs Hooker Catless downpipe

American Racing and Hooker are the two main manufacturers for catless downpipes for the 2012-2015 LFX engine I've noticed that the ARHs are 3 inch diameter to a 2.5 inch connector while the Hookers are 2.5 all the way through, the 10-20 dollar difference in cost is no concern, but which would give you the most performance?
tylerng1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 12:07 PM   #2
Kyleb4058

Drives: Camaro LS
Did you ever find out broth?
Kyleb4058 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 04:38 PM   #3
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
ARH are 2.5" throughout.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 11:23 PM   #4
aljeezzy

Drives: v6 6speed 2012
Cats for off the line torque and catless for topspeed. The catless hookers for the lfx are an inch or two longer than they need to be to connect to the factory intermediate pipes. hooker states that their DP's only fit onto hooker's cat back systems which is not true. so hooker makes two different catback lengths. the OEM quad lfx cats do 80% of the muffling. I currently run trifecta tune and the hooker catless DP's into oem intermediates and factory mufflers with the central brillo packing removed egypt mummy style. It rasps at 3k rpm. Swap the DP's without tune will throw p0420 and p0430. If I had a chance to do it all over again, I would just delete the secondary cat and remove the brillo in the factory mufflers and not even need the tune. I assume the ARH DP's will need a tune.
aljeezzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
catless, downpipe, header, lfx