Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-01-2010, 01:40 PM   #1037
Topdown
The wait is over!

Drives: 2010 Camaro, IOM, L99, Auto
so, since my car was built in April of 2010, I shouldnt have to worry about the fuse pull right?

Only ever run 92 octane but still cant spin the tires unless I am going around a corner.

and I have done the fuse pull a couple of times, just to see if there would be a change, doesnt seem to make any difference.

AlphaDamp CLD Mat - Get more Sound Deadening with less Sound Deadener
Topdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 02:05 PM   #1038
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topdown View Post
so, since my car was built in April of 2010, I shouldnt have to worry about the fuse pull right?

Only ever run 92 octane but still cant spin the tires unless I am going around a corner.

and I have done the fuse pull a couple of times, just to see if there would be a change, doesnt seem to make any difference.
John, Cheryl, and the rest of the GM team who were at the fest confirmed to me that after Sept, or there about, 2009 the problem was fixed on the assembly line. You should have no problem nor need to pull your fuses. The only thing I didn't confirm was wether the dealers were given a flash, or update, or TSB or wether they were just instructed to reset the computer to defaults. (fuse pull)

I will try to get new info on this. I haven't had any problems. But I have only run 93 oct thru my car too.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:48 PM   #1039
Topdown
The wait is over!

Drives: 2010 Camaro, IOM, L99, Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
John, Cheryl, and the rest of the GM team who were at the fest confirmed to me that after Sept, or there about, 2009 the problem was fixed on the assembly line. You should have no problem nor need to pull your fuses. The only thing I didn't confirm was wether the dealers were given a flash, or update, or TSB or wether they were just instructed to reset the computer to defaults. (fuse pull)

I will try to get new info on this. I haven't had any problems. But I have only run 93 oct thru my car too.
Since there are 40+ pages, I may not have seen it... but either way, I cant thank you, and everyone else that spent so many hours and so much frustration dealing with this issue alone.

Thank You all... you have made a very real and very genuine difference in a LOT of people's lives, and thats not something to be dismissed lightly.

Thank You Everyone

AlphaDamp CLD Mat - Get more Sound Deadening with less Sound Deadener
Topdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 04:23 AM   #1040
Bellringer

Drives: my wife nuts.....
I pulled the fuses last night. Put them back in this mmorning. all I can say is the herky jerky hesitation is gone and after 5 runs of 0-60 I picked up an average of .80sec.! Now where did that neon that kicked my butt last week go? Thanks again for this thread!

44030 is all mine!

GM
Bellringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:16 PM   #1041
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellringer View Post
I pulled the fuses last night. Put them back in this mmorning. all I can say is the herky jerky hesitation is gone and after 5 runs of 0-60 I picked up an average of .80sec.! Now where did that neon that kicked my butt last week go? Thanks again for this thread!
VIN# please.

How long have you had it?

Oh, and NEON???
Old 08-02-2010, 01:22 PM   #1042
8ty8 ls1
Resident Engineer

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 1988 GMC S-15
probably and srt from a roll...lol

12.68 @ 109: LSR cai, Borla S-type axle-back, Tunes
8ty8 ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:53 PM   #1043
Screaminz2002

Drives: 2018 Zl1
I'm curious where you got the 9/09 fix from. Mine is 10/09 and I can verify that I have the problem. It also does not go back to the high fuel table and two dealers have told me they have no updated programing for it.
Screaminz2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 02:25 PM   #1044
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaminz2002 View Post
I'm curious where you got the 9/09 fix from. Mine is 10/09 and I can verify that I have the problem. It also does not go back to the high fuel table and two dealers have told me they have no updated programing for it.
November I think. I'm trying to remember from my conversation with John F.

I don't think we ever had it pinpointed to a Vin# range, but a rough time frame. I'm guessing the last couple months of 2009.

However, some have reported benefitting even into 2010 built cars. And even 2011, so I don't know.The GM team at C5F may have only been able to give their best guesses, but it was in that time frame. I think even John was just guessing.

Did those dealers know about what to do for it?
Old 08-03-2010, 06:13 AM   #1045
Screaminz2002

Drives: 2018 Zl1
Quote:
November I think. I'm trying to remember from my conversation with John F.

I don't think we ever had it pinpointed to a Vin# range, but a rough time frame. I'm guessing the last couple months of 2009.

However, some have reported benefitting even into 2010 built cars. And even 2011, so I don't know.The GM team at C5F may have only been able to give their best guesses, but it was in that time frame. I think even John was just guessing.

Did those dealers know about what to do for it?
They knew of the fuse pull but not a flash for the PCM to remedy it. I may have told my service writer a while back about it though. I know we have had several long discussions over it.
Screaminz2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:31 AM   #1046
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaminz2002 View Post
They knew of the fuse pull but not a flash for the PCM to remedy it. I may have told my service writer a while back about it though. I know we have had several long discussions over it.
Ya. Bay Chevrolet knows all too well about it. lol

I don't go to Bay anymore.

But, that's pretty much what I got by calling Terri Thompson. They had no fix but only a remedy. Of course, same as you, I had clued them in a while back.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:38 AM   #1047
Bellringer

Drives: my wife nuts.....
Quote:
VIN# please.

How long have you had it?

Oh, and NEON???

Car arrived in mid August last year, Last 5 vin #s are 44030.

BTW, That darn Neon.........It was at a 45 MPH roll and when he went WOT all I could hear was his turbo spooling up.

I will be looking for a rematch though.

I don't care what some others have said about this fuse issue. Both my butt dyno and my watch can't be wrong. Now I am keeping an eye on my MPH for the next couple of tanks.

Final thought...I'm not going to use my local Phillips anymore. It's a very old station. If that matters.

44030 is all mine!

GM
Bellringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:22 PM   #1048
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellringer View Post
Car arrived in mid August last year, Last 5 vin #s are 44030.

BTW, That darn Neon.........It was at a 45 MPH roll and when he went WOT all I could hear was his turbo spooling up.

I will be looking for a rematch though.

I don't care what some others have said about this fuse issue. Both my butt dyno and my watch can't be wrong. Now I am keeping an eye on my MPH for the next couple of tanks.

Final thought...I'm not going to use my local Phillips anymore. It's a very old station. If that matters.
You most likely very well can bet on needing to pull the fuses any time you get bad gas or low octane gas. Fortunately, it doesn't hurt anything. But it doesn't look like there is a dealer flash for the issue. It's starting to look like there wasn't an assembly line fix either.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:33 PM   #1049
spooky0

Drives: Black on Black 2SS, ground eff
Quote:
Yes. It was just recently, and I mean in the last week or so that I learned possibly otherwise. I was told by the guys from GM at the fest that a flash was sent. It's now much more uncertain. So if I can't verify for certain, I condider it non-existant.

Ok kool Im taking d car to the dealer tomorrow, so when I get to the dealer I just tell the guy I want you to flash the car?
spooky0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:41 PM   #1050
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky0 View Post
Ok kool Im taking d car to the dealer tomorrow, so when I get to the dealer I just tell the guy I want you to flash the car?
At this point you'd probably confuse the guy. I'm willing to say now that a flash or a computer update has not been made. Prabably can't be done. I would however ask the dealer to check and see what he finds if you were to report a lack of power and or acceleration. See what he comes up with.