Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 10-19-2010, 11:32 PM   #29
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
I recently drove a 2011 GT500. It's very fast and it's shifter falls to readily to hand as well the pedals are nicely placed for proper heel and toeing better so than my 6MT Camaro but not as good as my Acura TSX 6MT. I thought the dash layout was inferior to the Camaro's. The nav screen is placed way down the center rendering it almost useless with lots of buttons to boot. Wasn't impressed with interior. That said if I owned the car I'm sure I'd aclimate to all of it's idiosyncrasies in time. I know I'd be okay with that glorious motor. FTR, the Camaro has inferior sight lines all the way around. It is not a fun place to be when needing to back up in tight spots and you don't have all day to do it but it's stunningly superior looks are to blame for that so I'm okay widdit plus it forces me to always be careful and that's a good thing. I haven't curbed a wheel or scraped my chin or backed into something...yet.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 12:59 AM   #30
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Quote:

Handling is all in retrospect... it my "feel" better to different people and "feel" better to you, But the IRS will always handle better than the old solid axle.
Spoken like a truly misinformed individual who gets all of their information from the internet. The mustang out-handles the camaro, period end of story. IRS is not always better. Looks are subjective, interior "niceness" is subjective, handling is not. Handling FEEL yes, but actual handling ability like roll resistance, balance, grip, etc. are in favor of the mustang. 2011 gt vs 2011 SS is extremely close in every performance category with an edge to the gt. 2011 v6 vs 2011 v6, the mustang is considerably faster in every category. That's no reason to hate on the camaro, but it IS a fact. When you make the same power with a lot less weight, you get better performance and the mustang SRA is the best handling SRA ever in a stock vehicle and it delivers.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:01 PM   #31
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro View Post
Spoken like a truly misinformed individual who gets all of their information from the internet. The mustang out-handles the camaro, period end of story. IRS is not always better. Looks are subjective, interior "niceness" is subjective, handling is not.
As far as I know, the only handling comparison between the Mustang and Camaro that's even close to comprehensive was done by Pedders. The Camaro won.
2010-1SS-IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 02:26 PM   #32
vinman
The BBOMG fill-in husband

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS 1LE AKA V1LE
The only mustang interior that even looks halfway decent is the Roush edition, everything else looks like cheap vinyl.
vinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 03:51 PM   #33
Dreamer2005

Drives: Z
I don't have either but I have test driven several Camaros and Mustangs in past 2 months..still can't make up my mind. But I am close... I think.

I know I don't want the V6 Camaro or V6 Mustang. But if I had to choose between the two, I like the ample power of the 2011 Mustang V6. To me, it doesn't look at handsome as the Camaro but it felt "faster." The Camaro V6 just felt heavy. You get the initial power surge then just tapers off. It has the SS look for sure but not the balls. Besides, don't wanna end up like so many who settle for the lesser car then regret it down the line.

SS or the 5.0....tough. The 5.0 gets going quick but the LS3 is no slouch either. Looks, at least to me, goes to the Camaro. But powerwise, 5.0 takes the cake. Interior...well, I don't care much for the interior...I am buying a car for instant gratification, not for long-haul comfort. Much like appearance, interior is relative to one's taste. The GT500....well well, I think it may be the main reason why I am still undecided. I don't quite have all the cash for one (I wanna pay cash) but I want one now and don't wanna wait. In the back of my mind, something is telling me to wait for the Z28! Why not get a used Z06? I am done with 2 seaters for now.
A friend recommends buying a SS now and putting a supercharger on it. He is gonna let me drive his this weekend. I am no Mustang or Chevy hater, I like them both.
Dreamer2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 04:22 PM   #34
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
You know im a die hard GM guy but give my props to Ford and to Mustang.

I have driven both and im not comparing modded to factory im comparing factory to factory...

remember its all about opinion.

Interior as Mustang has stepped it up there interior has its perks but so does Camaro if mustang has an edge I may give it for the interior.

Comfort I give both the same grade as both feel very good imo.

performance just because the stang feels faster its not its about the same with a good driver imo. It weighs a little less so its going to feel faster but guess what ? with two good drivers it comes down to a driver.

If you want a Car with cool styling Power and a old feel go with a Camaro

if you want a car that has the visibility of a focus and cobalt with Grat power then go with a Stang.

The Camaro is like stepping into a first gen Camaro with the way you see out of the car blast from the past.....

Mustang has the open look of todays cars everyone is used to.....

A Camaro makes you drive the car for sure and it also makes you pull your head out of your A$$ and watch the road and use your mirriors.

By the way maybe the Fbodfather will step in here the Camaro's dash is made with the same material as certain mercedes use. Mustang gives its dash a leather wrapped look if im not mistaking.
They wrap there guages in the chrome looking material to give it a shine.

both are good cars its just whatever you want.

A mustang will feel faster to a but dyno since it weighs less however its not both cars are VERY equal which imo makes it Great for todays hot rod car buyers.

all about opinion.

I dont expect to see a post from a Camaro or a Mustang guy giving the other car many props lol

Hatfield and Mccoys

both are Good cars and very much equal they are just designed differently.
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 04:30 PM   #35
1bad65
Banned

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
The Mustang interior was upgraded/changed for the 2010 models. So if you are comparing interiors, do it with a 2010 or 2011 Mustang, not the 2005-2009s. But imo, both interiors look nice. I've never sat in a Camaro, but I've seen the interior up close at meets. They look nice imo as well, expecially the ones with the extra gauges package.

I like my interior just fine, and mines a 2007. It also has had no problems in terms of quality. When I detail it, it looks like the day I bought it (except for the gauges and the shift knob).
1bad65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 04:37 PM   #36
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad65 View Post
The Mustang interior was upgraded/changed for the 2010 models. So if you are comparing interiors, do it with a 2010 or 2011 Mustang, not the 2005-2009s. But imo, both interiors look nice. I've never sat in a Camaro, but I've seen the interior up close at meets. They look nice imo as well, expecially the ones with the extra gauges package.

I like my interior just fine, and mines a 2007. It also has had no problems in terms of quality. When I detail it, it looks like the day I bought it (except for the gauges and the shift knob).

you know as long as you are happy with you car thats all that matters.

As I have always said its based on opinion.

IMO post like the original one is stupid just because he thinks something is a POS that doesnt mean it truely is.

I'm just glad to see the 3 automakers back at making Cool cars

now only if we could have Factory Stock Cars racing again on Sunday and selling on Monday....... instead we gotta look at fake bodied cars with name plates.
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 04:47 PM   #37
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010-1SS-IBM View Post
As far as I know, the only handling comparison between the Mustang and Camaro that's even close to comprehensive was done by Pedders. The Camaro won.
If I am thinking of the same pedders comparison, it was a blown 2010 GT vs a blown 2010 SS that ran within half a second of each other and the mustang had over 100rwhp less along with a 3v, the tr3650 etc. rather than the '11 5.0, 6 speed, etc. Is there a different test I'm unaware of?
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 09:04 PM   #38
carguy_z28
eating 1 ricer @ a time

Drives: 1974 Z28, 2011 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by G10 View Post
1. REALLY? REALLY? That was THE glaring point IMO that made the Camaro way nicer. The whole dash and stereo setup was borderline bootsie. I spent some time in the back too. It was almost unrideable with the super slanted window and less leg room than what we have. I think Chevy NAILED the interior with the 2010/11 Camaro. Mustang... keep after it. Practice makes perfect.

2. Its a super rare way more awesome color than every other color in the spectrum and/or in any rainbow that ever arched the sky in any corner of the world. Its pretty chill.
I have NEVER heard that before! I went to the dealer to buy a 2ss camaro, and the interior is what made me buy the stang, that and it wasnt worth the 7 grand extra. ( in canada ) over the 11 stang. Only true bias people say the camaro has a nicer interior, cause every man woman and child know's the oposite... the plastics in the camaro of ALL trim levels are cheap, way to spaced out, looks almost empty with that dash. The massive steering wheel, and big shifter knob, not to mention on the auto's the stupid flimsy plastic around the shifter console... wow...did chevy ever mess up there...
Old 10-21-2010, 09:15 PM   #39
carguy_z28
eating 1 ricer @ a time

Drives: 1974 Z28, 2011 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekyll-N-Hyde View Post
You know im a die hard GM guy but give my props to Ford and to Mustang.

I have driven both and im not comparing modded to factory im comparing factory to factory...

remember its all about opinion.

Interior as Mustang has stepped it up there interior has its perks but so does Camaro if mustang has an edge I may give it for the interior.

Comfort I give both the same grade as both feel very good imo.

performance just because the stang feels faster its not its about the same with a good driver imo. It weighs a little less so its going to feel faster but guess what ? with two good drivers it comes down to a driver.

If you want a Car with cool styling Power and a old feel go with a Camaro

if you want a car that has the visibility of a focus and cobalt with Grat power then go with a Stang.

The Camaro is like stepping into a first gen Camaro with the way you see out of the car blast from the past.....

Mustang has the open look of todays cars everyone is used to.....

A Camaro makes you drive the car for sure and it also makes you pull your head out of your A$$ and watch the road and use your mirriors.

By the way maybe the Fbodfather will step in here the Camaro's dash is made with the same material as certain mercedes use. Mustang gives its dash a leather wrapped look if im not mistaking.
They wrap there guages in the chrome looking material to give it a shine.

both are good cars its just whatever you want.

A mustang will feel faster to a but dyno since it weighs less however its not both cars are VERY equal which imo makes it Great for todays hot rod car buyers.

all about opinion.

I dont expect to see a post from a Camaro or a Mustang guy giving the other car many props lol

Hatfield and Mccoys

both are Good cars and very much equal they are just designed differently.
I agree with almost everything you've said, exept the fast that the two cars are equal, true thats its a drivers race for most part, as there both SOOOO CLOSE in performance, but the stang IS the SLIGHTLY faster car, I have beaten all 3 stock camaro's with my then stock 11 stang, and twice I had to reel him in as I didnt hook to well off the line due to my then crappy tires. One race was a full out highway race ( I know no "street racing" stories... f off ) we went from a dead stop to over 140 MPH and the whole time although very very close, I crept ahead, from start I got a fender, to finish I was maybe MAYBE a car ahead...( and I had a passanger )
Point is, I agree this is a stupid post, as I LOVE both cars, and want BOTH one day. But the feel of the stang is better bar none.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:19 PM   #40
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
I think the materials used in the Mustang are nicer, but the Camaro's interior looks cooler.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:26 PM   #41
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyan74 View Post
I think the materials used in the Mustang are nicer, but the Camaro's interior looks cooler.
... although i think the material quality is the same...
lil_chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 10:40 PM   #42
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
All comes down to personal likes and dislikes. Both have their own thing... one has something better then the other but I personally favor the Camaro styling so I bought a Camaro non the less.

I can sum this up for all of you you in a matter of two words.. are you ready for this?? get ready here it comes...

Camaro > Mustang

hehe