Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 11-05-2010, 07:52 AM   #1737
SWAT 79

Drives: 2005 Cadillac CTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
No

The LS3 is 426hp and would beat the snot out of a 2010 GT Mustang.

This ^ Idk about beat the snot out of, but it would walk away from the gt quickly and decisively. That's what I said in my first post if you would like to re-read it (not directed toward backinblack)
SWAT 79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 07:54 AM   #1738
SWAT 79

Drives: 2005 Cadillac CTS
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_Username View Post
I've never understood this. The L99, while being down 26hp, will be able to close the gap some with its fast shifting, consistent automatic tranny that cuts down on the mistakes of average drivers in the LS3. All in all, on average, both the LS3 and L99 are low 13 second cars; it's only when you put it in the hands of a very skilled driver where that HP deficit becomes killer.

I see what you're saying, but a solid time for the l99 is about a 13.2, where as for the stick gt (with 3.73 gears from the factory of course) is right around 13.4. So if a 2011 gt which is 2 tenths faster then a 2010 ss is a driver's race, so is this.
SWAT 79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 04:46 PM   #1739
porcupinekiller

Drives: 2010 GT500
No denying that the 2010 SS is faster in the straight line than a 2010 GT. The fastest stock 2010 SS is considerably quicker than the fastest stock 2010 GT and if you have 2 equal drivers in both cars the SS will pull on the GT and continue to pull even more as the speed increases. That being said my wife's 2010 auto GT with a Airaid CAI and a 93 octane tune can consistently beat our friends 2010 L99 SS with a Airaid CAI (no tune) to about 50 mph. After 50 mph the SS starts to pull on the GT. Even with an automatic there is some skill involved and he's pretty new in the performance car arena and I'm pretty sure that with a tune in his SS it would be a different story.
In the real world I've seen plenty of cars that are faster on paper lose to lesser machines. Slower reaction time, missed shifts, hitting the rev limiter, too much wheel spin, bogging down out of the hole, etc. can all cause a faster car to lose a race to a slower car.
So yeah 99 out of 100 times the 2010 SS will be quicker than a 2010 GT. Just hope that you're not that one guy out of the hundred that goes down. lol

Last edited by porcupinekiller; 11-05-2010 at 04:57 PM.
porcupinekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:01 PM   #1740
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_Username View Post
I know... ! Have you been to the track yet in your STi?
Yeah, it runs high 13s @ ~100 at this altitude (5800'). I think my best was a 13.7@101 IIRC. I spend more time on autox and club racing. I have driven my friend's stock 04 sti to a 13.3@104 back in Michigan though.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:11 PM   #1741
porcupinekiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro View Post
Yeah, it runs high 13s @ ~100 at this altitude (5800'). I think my best was a 13.7@101 IIRC. I spend more time on autox and club racing. I have driven my friend's stock 04 sti to a 13.3@104 back in Michigan though.
Those STI's are a blast to drive in the snow with some good winter radials.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:39 PM   #1742
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Drives: S.I.M. SS
Quote:
In the real world I've seen plenty of cars that are faster on paper lose to lesser machines. Slower reaction time, missed shifts, hitting the rev limiter, too much wheel spin, bogging down out of the hole, etc. can all cause a faster car to lose a race to a slower car.
Yes, all of those things in bold are called "human error", they play a part in any race. All in all, the SS, either one, is an outright faster car than a 2010 GT hands down, but.....like with ANY car, you can lose to a slower car if you don't know how to drive it or if you make some typical mistakes of a beginner.
*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
**Result**: 465rwhp/ 447rwtq. Satisfied.
Mr CLuTcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:28 PM   #1743
Camaro Freak

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT 334HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr CLuTcH View Post
Yes, all of those things in bold are called "human error", they play a part in any race. All in all, the SS, either one, is an outright faster car than a 2010 GT hands down, but.....like with ANY car, you can lose to a slower car if you don't know how to drive it or if you make some typical mistakes of a beginner.
Why bother and try and explain yourself to these Ford boys?? You know it, I know it, and they know. But they will never admit it. So forget them and enjoy your ride, like I am going to do. Oh by the way, thought you might like to join our social group. Its the Mustang Haters of America. Heres the link- http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=195
we would love to have you.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:19 PM   #1744
porcupinekiller

Quote:
Didn't I say that? Did you read the whole post? Way to selectively quote.

Last edited by porcupinekiller; 11-05-2010 at 09:32 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:21 PM   #1745
porcupinekiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Freak View Post
Why bother and try and explain yourself to these Ford boys?? You know it, I know it, and they know. But they will never admit it. So forget them and enjoy your ride, like I am going to do. Oh by the way, thought you might like to join our social group. Its the Mustang Haters of America. Heres the link- http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=195
Try reading my whole post before making such an idiotic comment fanboy. It's a good thing that most people on this site don't share your ignorance and if you go through my past posts you'll see I have nothing but respect and admiration for Camaros.....you on the otherhand...well I'll leave it at that. lol.
But to further break it down for you in plain english I said "A stock 2010 Camaro SS is faster than a Stock 2010 GT"
How you twisted that into a dislike for the Camaro I'll never Know.
Here it is for ya.......
"No denying that the 2010 SS is faster in the straight line than a 2010 GT. The fastest stock 2010 SS is considerably quicker than the fastest stock 2010 GT and if you have 2 equal drivers in both cars the SS will pull on the GT and continue to pull even more as the speed increases. That being said my wife's 2010 auto GT with a Airaid CAI and a 93 octane tune can consistently beat our friends 2010 L99 SS with a Airaid CAI (no tune) to about 50 mph. After 50 mph the SS starts to pull on the GT. Even with an automatic there is some skill involved and he's pretty new in the performance car arena and I'm pretty sure that with a tune in his SS it would be a different story.
So yeah 99 out of 100 times the 2010 SS will be quicker than a 2010 GT. Just hope that you're not that one guy out of the hundred that goes down. lol

Last edited by porcupinekiller; 11-05-2010 at 09:39 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 10:32 PM   #1746
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Freak View Post
You really talk a lot of smack for a guy that uses ricer math to add up imaginary crank horsepower numbers. Funny how you can't admit the '11 v6 mustang is faster than the v6 camaro, yet you expect that from the mustang guys.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 10:49 PM   #1747
lostnight

Drives: 2011 Mustang 3.7 auto
I haven't seen any 3.7s at Kil-Kare either yet, besides mine. Here was my last run of the year, made a couple of weeks ago. I am still completely stock, just waiting to pay my property taxes next year, then I'll start some mods if the house doesn't fall apart.

- (bought april 2005, traded in June 2010) 2005 Mustang V6 automatic, Screaming Yellow, MRT axle back exhaust, my best 0-60: 6.9, my best 1/4: 15.4@90mph
lostnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 12:15 AM   #1748
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Drives: S.I.M. SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcupinekiller View Post
Didn't I say that? Did you read the whole post? Way to selectively quote.
Of course you said it!! But I just liked the way I said it better......

Quote:
I would join the group, but I'm not a Mustang Hater of America, lol. I own a Camaro, and I really do love my car, but I have a good amount of respect for some of Ford's cars, (i.e. the 5.0, the cobras, and GT500s), they are really good performance cars just like many Vetts and Camaros out there, and that just makes me feel proud to be an American knowing- yes,....this came from OUR COUNTRY, not Japan. And we kick ass. So despite those who won't admit what is better or what is worst about either car, I have nothing but respect for both brands and won't bash.

I'm not a Chevy guy, or a Ford guy,...I'm a Performance Guy. The best of both world.
*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
**Result**: 465rwhp/ 447rwtq. Satisfied.
Mr CLuTcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 01:41 AM   #1749
porcupinekiller

Quote:
Of course you said it!! But I just liked the way I said it better......

I would join the group, but I'm not a Mustang Hater of America, lol. I own a Camaro, and I really do love my car, but I have a good amount of respect for some of Ford's cars, (i.e. the 5.0, the cobras, and GT500s), they are really good performance cars just like many Vetts and Camaros out there, and that just makes me feel proud to be an American knowing- yes,....this came from OUR COUNTRY, not Japan. And we kick ass. So despite those who won't admit what is better or what is worst about either car, I have nothing but respect for both brands and won't bash.

I'm not a Chevy guy, or a Ford guy,...I'm a Performance Guy. The best of both world.
Old 11-06-2010, 04:44 AM   #1750
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostnight View Post
I haven't seen any 3.7s at Kil-Kare either yet, besides mine. Here was my last run of the year, made a couple of weeks ago. I am still completely stock, just waiting to pay my property taxes next year, then I'll start some mods if the house doesn't fall apart.
Nice run! Very nice trap speed!

BTW... you know MRT has a nice axle back for that 2011!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro, camaro vs mustang, cobra, faster, mods, mustang, race