Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 12-15-2008, 11:53 AM   #1
JKashat

Drives: 2007 GMC Yukon Denali
I changed my order too a 6MT and some history...

When I was a senior in High-School and purchased my first new car, a Blk/Blk 1993 Camaro Z28 (LT-1) my parents talked me into getting an automatic "in case they ever needed to drive it". Even though it was fast and fun, I hated the fact that it was an automatic and my buddies made fun of me even though they understood why. After three years of owning it, they sat in it ONCE!

Next I bought a 1996 Nissan Pathfinder. I had got too many speeding tickets with the Camaro and lost my license too many times, lol. A slow SUV mad sense at the time.

After that, I bought a 2000 Chevy Tahoe which I customized and loved but got bored with.

In late 2002, the 2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe was just coming out and I was in love... I decided to that the Tahoe was going to go bye bye and it had been long enough that I hadn't owned a sports car. I began a search for the right one for me. I decided on Silver. Again, still living with my parents (only child, they wouldn't let me go, lol) they talked me into an automatic. Again, loved the car but always wished I had got a 6mt. Mostly for the fun aspect and because the automatic didn't come with the Brembo brakes, but the manual did. I did again customize it and enjoyed it until May 6, 2004 when I got rear ended, bad! After it was repaired I decided to trade it in.

I traded it in for a Blk/Blk 2006 Lexus GS 430. Man, what a sexy car I thought. I never drove it in the snow or even the rain. I washed it like every day. I tinted the window, black pealed the emblems and badging and installed chrome HRE 945R staggered 20's. Ended up getting a Grand Cherokee as a daly driver and work car just so I could keep my Lexus clean.

After a short period of time I realized that my shiney Lexus was costing me a lot of money each month to just look at it in the garage.

I decided to trade it in for a 2007 Stealth Gray Metallic GMC Yukon Denali. I got my cousin to take over the lease on the Grand Cherokee.

Then, I bought a boat, lol. A 2007 Supra Launch Limited Edition wakeboard boat.

My lease is up in March, and I truly cannot wait to get rid of this truck. Very nice, but very boring, even with tint and 26's.

In June, I leased my wife (fiance at the time) a Silver/Gray 2008 Mercedes-Benz ML 350, with a hitch. So, I no longer need my own truck for the boat, I could use hers when necessary. The boat usually stays at a marina.

I originally ordered a Blk/Blk 2SS/RS, Sunroof, GFX, Engine Cover, AUTOMATIC.

I had been going back and forth in my head daily, driving myself crazy since I originally placed my order back in October... Stick or Auto??? What a headache I've had and how many sleepless nights.

I can drive a stick, but have never owned one. I figured that it was going to be a daily driver so I didn't want to bother shifting in traffic, my wife cannot drive stick, I think paddle shifters are cool, and remote start is really nice for Michigan winters.

But, I just wasn't happy with my compromise... On Friday, I made my weekly stop to my Chevrolet Dealership to see my salesperson to change my order.

First, I cancelled the GFX package because they aren't color coded. I don't want my Black Camaro to have a Dark Argent Gray Metallic "skirt" around it. I'll wait to see what aftermarket kits come out or see if the kit becomes available at the dealer either color coded or unpainted, hopefully.

Second, after reading on Camaro5.com that the poliched wheel option was made available with the RS package I added that option. Still wondering about this choice as I did like the RS wheels and I plan on changing to aftermarked 21's or 22's. Opinions welcome on this.

And last, I switched from the L99 6-Speed automatic to the LS3 with the Hurst short throw shifter and knob!!! So happy now!!! Getting the manual Camaro I should have had back in 1993. Better later than never I guess.

I will end up once again getting a winter car/daily driver, but that's OK.

Wife will have to either learn how to drive a stick or not drive it. I don't have a problem with that except when we go out I drink, she doesn't, so she usually drives home.
JKashat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 12:24 PM   #2
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Seems like you throw around lots of money.. Why buy the polished wheels if you are going to change them to 21's? Seems like a waste to me..
Old 12-15-2008, 12:54 PM   #3
scaz

Drives: 2013 Chevy Sonic
Very cool. Manual is the way to go.
scaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 01:03 PM   #4
josh1147
Delivered 29June09

Drives: Early Order Camaro
Glad you finally stood up and took possession of your man-hood!!

Just joking....I too thought about not getting the MN6 for about 10sec because my wife doesn't know how to drive a manual but she'll never drive it and if she does, I'll be in it with her.

Good choice!!

PS: You know you can just get the GFX painted body color by the dealership.
josh1147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 03:23 PM   #5
littlecammi

Drives: '87 Pontiac Fiero GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKashat View Post
In June I leased my wife (fiance at the time)...
Wow! I didn't know you could even do that.
I'm sure that a lot of guys would prefer to have leased a wife rather than married one.
littlecammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 03:43 PM   #6
JJ#48Racing

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS
^^ HAHA, I know I'd lease a wife before I'd consider leasing a car.
JJ#48Racing is offline   Reply With Quote