Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-22-2010, 06:11 AM   #71
x626xBlack
ARMY of one.

Drives: 2011 Black SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halltech View Post

I too wonder what happened to the famed Vararam?

Jim Hall
Man.... It was the verification or denial of the VARARAM performance that I was waiting for in these test results... There are a lot of out standing suppliers and products here on C5... Call me old fashioned but I prefer shopping at a brick and mortar store... Being in Houston I had high hopes for the VARARAM...
x626xBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:21 AM   #72
x626xBlack
ARMY of one.

Drives: 2011 Black SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
No I'm talking about the one w/o the scoop... 1st test Ave HP gain was 4.4 and the second test was 10.7.

Big difference there...
I noticed 0 Fuel trim on second round. The IAT's are 30 degrees higher for the second round. Temp climb was lower for the second round.

Seems testing conditions played a big part in the different numbers.

Thanks Ted!
x626xBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:40 AM   #73
GMRULZ

Drives: 2010 SS & 2008 C6
Ted and company, thanks so much for all you guys do for our community here. I did not have a dog in this fight, since I already have my ADM Race but this info will help so many who haven`t purchased yet, especially when they are going to be doing battle w/ the new 5.0 stang. We need to make sure we are getting every pony possible to overcome those 300lbs. Now we at least have part of the puzzle to do that solved by you. Thanks again Ted!!!
2010 SS L99, 536rwhp 10.843@126.72. Whipple Supercharger stock pulley, ARH 1 7/8 longtubes w/ catted xpipe, magnaflow 3" mufflers, ADM Race CAI, 3:70 gears, lightweight wheels and nitto drag radials. Stock internal L99, stock converter.

Bolt on best before blower 12.22@113.29 w/ nothing but ARH headers, catted x-pipe, ADM CAI and a tune on stock Pzero`s!

Other car 2008 C6 Ls3, z51, A6, Npp Exhaust, best bonestock pass 11.80@118.82, Number 2 on the Corvette Forums Bonestock fastest list..
GMRULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:06 AM   #74
NickJRE

Drives: Nothing Fun.
Here's a link to the ADM Race Scoop on our site ADM Race Scoop, I know a couple people requested it. We have a bunch of them on the way.

I suspect Halltech's kit would produce the same results as the CAI w/ADM Race Scoop. I was very impressed with the Halltech kit.
NickJRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:15 AM   #75
NickJRE

Drives: Nothing Fun.
All these are intake systems were really nice pieces. Loved the look of all the systems, all of them fit as advertised. All in all the test went really smooth.

I will say this the biggest thing separating the kits are the fuel trims and how well they seal off hot air from the engine bay.

That's why I suspect the long ram style cold air kits did not do as well. Hot air getting in.. if they could shield off the top of the engine compartment and get their fuel trims where they should be it may help their results.
NickJRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:20 AM   #76
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
To Answer the questions on why the IATs are different from one kit to another is they were not tested in Alphabetical order that they are on the spread sheet.

The day started off about 74 degrees and ended at about 83 degrees.

What you have to pay attention to is the Temperature Rise in Purple not the actual temperature.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 07:25 AM   #77
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entaille View Post
my memory fails me. I recalled the roto-fab doing better in your first round of testing. ugh, -.8 avg hp loss for some weak peak gains. pulled the trigger on one that was priced well and I'm getting what I paid for.

should have went with CAI inc/halltech/ADM
Tuning will bring the Rotofab right up there with the best of them, this test was done without any tuning, this is noted on the spread sheet.

Rotofab is a fine product and we use them in many of our builds per customer request.

Ted.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:31 AM   #78
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hicompression View Post
Why the K&N Typhoon but no standard plastic tube K&N intake???
My Fault, it was the Plastic tube and not the Typhoon.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:10 AM   #79
NinoSS

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
To Answer the questions on why the IATs are different from one kit to another is they were not tested in Alphabetical order that they are on the spread sheet.

The day started off about 74 degrees and ended at about 83 degrees.

What you have to pay attention to is the Temperature Rise in Purple not the actual temperature.

Ted.
Ted,

Do you think the rise in IAT's for the ADM race is do to the materials used in this kit. The numbers look strong, but the climb is not great. My ADM looks to be sealed up like a frogs ass. Just wanted your opinion.

Thanks again for all your work of this forum, as well as for the work you've done for me personally.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:18 AM   #80
SummitWhiteLS

Drives: 2011 Mustang V6 Automatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggydoo View Post
wow so just tube is pretty much worthless
Hope you guys don't mind a v6 owner chiming in, but I was wondering the same thing.

They tested the New Era Tube, and I have the SLP Blackwing (tube and filter). So I was hoping JRE was going to test the SLP Blackwing on the v8, but instead they tested the SLP Stage 2 (upper and lower tubes).

The New Era Tube is metal though, while the SLP Blackwing tube is plastic. Would that make a difference?

P.S Dtpracing dyno tested a Blackwing and got a 12-14 rwhp increase:
2010 2LT/RS Auto- Baseline Dyno and then the mods begin
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ght=slp&page=5

Last edited by SummitWhiteLS; 09-22-2010 at 08:30 AM.
SummitWhiteLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:29 AM   #81
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitWhiteLS View Post
Hope you guys don't mind a v6 owner chiming in, but I was wondering the same thing.

They tested the New Era Tube, and I have the SLP Blackwing (tube and filter). So I was hoping JRE was going to test the SLP Blackwing on the v8, but instead they tested the SLP Stage 2 (upper and lower tubes).

The New Era Tube is metal though, while the SLP Blackwing tube is plastic. Would that make a difference?
The New Era Tube Looks Really Nice if you choose to keep your stock air box and want to dress up the engine compartment for the money you can't go wrong.

I am sure the SLP Blackwing would have done exactly the same as we are still using the stock air box.

Ted.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:32 AM   #82
SummitWhiteLS

Drives: 2011 Mustang V6 Automatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
The New Era Tube Looks Really Nice if you choose to keep your stock air box and want to dress up the engine compartment for the money you can't go wrong.

I am sure the SLP Blackwing would have done exactly the same as we are still using the stock air box.

Ted.
Ok, thanks.

Was just odd that Dtpracing dyno tested a Blackwing and got a 12-14 rwhp increase:
2010 2LT/RS Auto- Baseline Dyno and then the mods begin
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ght=slp&page=5
Old 09-22-2010, 08:33 AM   #83
jordi cami

Drives: camaro 2ss inferno orange
Where are buy the adm scoop with cold air inductions?
any picture of scoop?

thanks
jordi cami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 08:53 AM   #84
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordi cami View Post
Where are buy the adm scoop with cold air inductions?
any picture of scoop?

thanks
All that info is in this thread.

Ted.