Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 10-19-2010, 03:12 PM   #1
G10
GForce

Drives: 2010 Honolulu Blue 2LT M6
Rented a Mustang this weekend...

And it was no where near as nice as my Camaro. The interior... there is no comparison. We blow it away. I don't know why I see 50x as many Mustangs on the road compared. Just wanted to say that I'm super stoked I didn't get a Mustang. Love my Camaro and the power in my V6 kills that POS i drove this weekend.
G10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:33 PM   #2
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by G10 View Post
And it was no where near as nice as my Camaro. The interior... there is no comparison. We blow it away. I don't know why I see 50x as many Mustangs on the road compared. Just wanted to say that I'm super stoked I didn't get a Mustang. Love my Camaro and the power in my V6 kills that POS i drove this weekend.
Camaros went out of production for 8 years might have something to do with it
Old 10-19-2010, 03:40 PM   #3
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
What year mustang, a 2011?
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:41 PM   #4
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I always laugh at these threads. Like any camaro guy would say "I rented a mustang last week and boy did it blow our camaros out of the water. A review from a camaro guy about a mustang is as worthless as a review of a camaro by a mustang guy.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 03:59 PM   #5
codo
Chev to the bone

Drives: 06 Impala
My buddy has a california special, probably 09 I would imagine, and I was less than impressed about...everything about it. But I mean its like the truck market, F150s dont sell the best every year cause they are the best...they are the cheapest. There are the true enthusiasts of us out there who care what we drive and care about performance and long term reliability, but unfortunately we only make up a small fraction of the market, a smaller portion than you probably realize. The vast majority of people will buy whats cheapest just because...talking to a buddy from work last night, and he admitted to buying a santa fe for the wife instead of an Equinox because it was $4000 cheaper...never mind the fact that a hyundai has the same lifespan as a laptop computer.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:13 PM   #6
20Camaro11

Drives: SS
Actually Hyundai makes a pretty decent car. Ford makes nice cars. Chevy makes nice cars. I pledge no allegiance to any manufacturer or their products, the market speaks for itself over time on which companies are building good reliable products.
20Camaro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:15 PM   #7
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by G10 View Post
You realize this is kind of a dumb post right? First off you are obviously bias but even without that. You are comparing a run of the mill, stock RENTAL mustang to your top of the line V6 Camaro (which I assume was tailored to how you want it and maybe is modded). Many rental cars have limiters on them (if you want proof try to do a burnout in a Hertz V6 Mustang rental). There is definitely a comparison between the two and although I prefer the Camaro I would not call the Mustang a POS by any means. Having owned both a Mustang and a Camaro and having driven the new 2011 V6 Mustang I see it as this

Camaro:
- Better styling
- More responsive feeling engine
- Perforated leather (this matters when you live in AZ)
- Does not feel like a V6

Mustang:
- Much MUCH better handling
- Better interior materials (namely the dash)
- Allegedly faster but definitely feels like a V6 IMO

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:28 PM   #8
OUTATIME

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Camaro11 View Post
Actually Hyundai makes a pretty decent car. Ford makes nice cars. Chevy makes nice cars. I pledge no allegiance to any manufacturer or their products, the market speaks for itself over time on which companies are building good reliable products.
OUTATIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:11 PM   #9
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
I say both cars are nice, but i bought the Camaro! The looks are so much more better
Old 10-19-2010, 05:31 PM   #10
MillerTime
Blowin the doors off!

Drives: A 2013 SS RS 6M SR
Having owned both a Mustang and a Camaro and having driven the new 2011 V6 Mustang I see it as this

Camaro:
- Better styling

Mustang:
- Allegedly faster but definitely feels like a V6 IMO[/QUOTE]

Handling is all in retrospect... it my "feel" better to different people and "feel" better to you, But the IRS will always handle better than the old solid axle.

2G1FS1EWXD9163847

MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:00 PM   #11
Murph0408

Drives: 2LT Black '10 Camaro, 2000 Durango
i test drove the '10 mustang and found it a fun little car. i compared it to driving my then-girlfriend's toyota. it's light and zippy.

do i want anything to do with that? hellz no. granted the new mustangs now have 100 more HP so who knows

dealer: our mustang v6 has 210 hp
me: and the camaro has how much?
dealer: erm, over 300
me: and they cost the same?
dealer: ermm....about
me: lol wut.
Murph0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:39 PM   #12
G10
GForce

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilKnightFalcon View Post
You realize this is kind of a dumb post right? First off you are obviously bias but even without that. You are comparing a run of the mill, stock RENTAL mustang to your top of the line V6 Camaro (which I assume was tailored to how you want it and maybe is modded). Many rental cars have limiters on them (if you want proof try to do a burnout in a Hertz V6 Mustang rental). There is definitely a comparison between the two and although I prefer the Camaro I would not call the Mustang a POS by any means. Having owned both a Mustang and a Camaro and having driven the new 2011 V6 Mustang I see it as this

Camaro:
- Better styling

Mustang:
- Allegedly faster but definitely feels like a V6 IMO
Dear Devil Knight Falcon,

Nice name! Thanks for your hate of my post. I really don't care if its a dumb post. Just wanted to crap on a Mustang for a minute and be on my way. Sorry you took it sooooooooooooooooooooooo personally. Cool off big guy.

LATE.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:44 PM   #13
G10
GForce

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I always laugh at these threads. Like any camaro guy would say "I rented a mustang last week and boy did it blow our camaros out of the water. A review from a camaro guy about a mustang is as worthless as a review of a camaro by a mustang guy.
Actually a Mustang is partially responsible for making my Camaro purchase. I rented a Mustang about a year ago when my Corvette was getting fixed. I loved having the new ammenities of a new car without the rattle and rigidity of my 95 Vette. The Mustang is really what got me thinking... I'm a sports car guy... but I'm ready for something newer than my older Vette. So I give a little props to the stang... but NOW... after dipping my dip stick in both... Its just so clear to me that many who buy a Mustang... probably never look at how much more wonderful the interior and overall goodness of the Camaro is by comparison. Of course I'm biased. But I wasn't making an unbiased review on some consumer reports sight. I was just dropping some general poop on Mustangs. Thank you. God Bless.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:53 PM   #14
TahoeCamaro

Drives: '10 Camaro SS/RS VR, '11 Tahoe LTZ
I think most of us that aren't completely biased can agree that the Mustang has a far more superior interior than the Camaro, but to each their own. & The Mustang isn't a POS, it's actually a pretty nice car for the money
P.S. what is the color 'Honolulu Blue?' Just wondering.