Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-23-2009, 07:37 PM   #29
donutdanny

Drives: '13 E63, '14 Jeep GC SRT, '14 F-150
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsedTaHaveA68 View Post
Kooks headers system - 2400
Comp Pushrods - 150
PSI valve springs - 450
Rotofab CAI - 450
Camshaft (guessing) - 450
----------------------------
Total Parts -3900

Prices were taken from mfr's websites, except for PSI springs which didn't list them so I found them somewhere else, and the camshaft, but that's about avg for custom cams. So you're paying about 1,050 for labor (based on the 4950 price listed) which is VERY GOOD. 1000 bucks to have them install your headers, hang your exhaust, put on the intake... and oh yeah... take all the accessories off the front of your engine, drain the coolant, take the heads off, take the timing cover/chain off, take the old valve springs off, put the new ones in, take the old pushrods out, put new ones in, unbolt the engine from its mounts, lift it up a little to take the camshaft out (possibly - maybe not I don't know what's involved on the Camaros, just guessing), take the old cam out, put the new one in, make sure it's degreed right, put the heads back on, put the timing chain/cover ack on, torque everything up, re-install the accessories, put new coolant back in, and tune it. And you people are griping about price? Get over yourselves. I remember one guy was quoted by his dealer the price for installing the GMPP HOT cam was 2500. TWENTY FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS to install a camshaft. No new valve springs. No new pushrods. No new headers or exhaust or anything like that. Pretty damn good I'd say. Nice job guys.
donutdanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:38 PM   #30
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
Quote:
Originally Posted by shevyman View Post
so they gained 26hp. people need to understand anything over base engine hp is gaining anything under would be called free up hp you lost. sad that the company who works on cars are clear with there words. but other then that that is good to see how little you have to do to get the power back.

DON_RAFA describing my Noweeds cutouts - "Very Strong. When I couldn't see you I still heard you. Sounds like your car is pissed at the world."
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:40 PM   #31
donutdanny

Drives: '13 E63, '14 Jeep GC SRT, '14 F-150
Quote:
so they gained 26hp. people need to understand anything over base engine hp is gaining anything under would be called free up hp you lost. sad that the company who works on cars are clear with there words. but other then that that is good to see how little you have to do to get the power back.
donutdanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:41 PM   #32
SoloSK71

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
oh great ... now you made me want to dive into an engine rebuilt on top of bolt ons ...

- SK
SoloSK71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 08:13 PM   #33
Road_Warrior85

Drives: IBM 2SSRS, 12 Jeep Wrangler 4door
Send a message via Yahoo to Road_Warrior85
Quote:

They didnt just gain 26hp..... sure they are claiming 26 more than the 426 that the motor makes stock....... BUT they are claiming that AT THE WHEELS.
SO this means, that the motor is now making more power than it was before too.

This means the motor is now making 500+hp. I bet if you will fund it, they will pull the motor, put it on an engine dyno, and let you know exactly what current HP is for the motor.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:57 PM   #34
ssrsheaven

Drives: 92 firebird,2010 camaro
Sounds sweeeet.Still waiting on my 1ss maro to arrive.
ssrsheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:05 PM   #35
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
That's a sweet deal...really good price!

Would be cool to get that HP and be NA still...interesting!
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:33 PM   #36
UsedTaHaveA68

Drives: Hyundai Sonata
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sack Rat 2SS View Post
UsedTaHaveA68 ---- You forgot that you have to recover the AC coolant and then recharge the system. Do not need to remove and replace the heads with the cam and spring change.
Hahah sorry about that. Didn't mean to short change you!
UsedTaHaveA68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 09:36 PM   #37
UsedTaHaveA68

Drives: Hyundai Sonata
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanD View Post
the way I read it, it may only be headers to stock exhaust... not the rear section?? I think they should confirm the exact package for some of you guys.
According to Kooks website, you have two options. You can get just the headers for $1500, or you can get the system which includes cats (or cats-delete), X-pipe, and piping that goes back to your factory mufflers for $2400. Since Vector listed the headers with X-pipe, I'm assuming it's the system. That's why I listed that one.
UsedTaHaveA68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:16 PM   #38
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Vega View Post
IM LEANING MORE TOWARDS THE V6 SO ARE THERE ANY AFTER MARKET MODS DONE AND HOW MANY HORSES CAN WE GET OUT OF IT.
Keep your eyes open...you may just see some type of headers coming soon!! WINK WINK
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:17 PM   #39
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coptzr View Post
Whats the in/out time frame and how far backlogged are you guys???
Kirk, and Steve are great guys, and I am sure they could fit you in within a week or two...also is not too long of down time. Let me know if I can help you out in any way.
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:26 PM   #40
88IROC

Drives: 1988 IROC Z28 black 5.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Vega View Post
IM LEANING MORE TOWARDS THE V6 SO ARE THERE ANY AFTER MARKET MODS DONE AND HOW MANY HORSES CAN WE GET OUT OF IT.
Whats up with the high sticker price?:
88IROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 07:38 AM   #41
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
world want sthings for free

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsedTaHaveA68 View Post
Kooks headers system - 2400
Comp Pushrods - 150
PSI valve springs - 450
Rotofab CAI - 450
Camshaft (guessing) - 450
----------------------------
Total Parts -3900

Prices were taken from mfr's websites, except for PSI springs which didn't list them so I found them somewhere else, and the camshaft, but that's about avg for custom cams. So you're paying about 1,050 for labor (based on the 4950 price listed) which is VERY GOOD. 1000 bucks to have them install your headers, hang your exhaust, put on the intake... and oh yeah... take all the accessories off the front of your engine, drain the coolant, take the heads off, take the timing cover/chain off, take the old valve springs off, put the new ones in, take the old pushrods out, put new ones in, unbolt the engine from its mounts, lift it up a little to take the camshaft out (possibly - maybe not I don't know what's involved on the Camaros, just guessing), take the old cam out, put the new one in, make sure it's degreed right, put the heads back on, put the timing chain/cover ack on, torque everything up, re-install the accessories, put new coolant back in, and tune it. And you people are griping about price? Get over yourselves. I remember one guy was quoted by his dealer the price for installing the GMPP HOT cam was 2500. TWENTY FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS to install a camshaft. No new valve springs. No new pushrods. No new headers or exhaust or anything like that. Pretty damn good I'd say. Nice job guys.
Try doing it your selves and you'll understand the price. People have no clue what it takes to do something like this, most would stop after read the instructions on the first installed part. I never batted an eye at the price. But then again I repair sh** for a living!
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 08:59 AM   #42
Steve@Vectormotorsports

Drives: Firehawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNewSolstice View Post
is this vector motorsports with Chriss who tuned my Solstice?
Chris has not been employed with us for about 9 months.
But yes this is the Vector Motorsports who tuned your Solstice.
Steve@Vectormotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote