Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 09-14-2014, 06:01 PM   #1
Hurst
Camaros Of Northwest Ohio

Drives: 2013 SIM 2SS/RS, LS3
Anyone own an Audi S3?

Really looking at this car as a DD option. My wish is good gas mileage, FWD (For the winters here in Ohio) and something sporty. BMW's and Caddie's seem a bit pretentious for me. (Nothing against anyone here of course).

Just curious how you Audi owners like your cars...
Old 09-15-2014, 07:05 AM   #2
Mike00

Drives: Audi S4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurst View Post
Really looking at this car as a DD option. My wish is good gas mileage, FWD (For the winters here in Ohio) and something sporty. BMW's and Caddie's seem a bit pretentious for me. (Nothing against anyone here of course).

Just curious how you Audi owners like your cars...
I have a 13 s4 and for a daily driver that is sporty but still practical I think they are tough to beat. I had winter tires on the car during last winter and awd snow ability is incredible to say the least. I pretty much pruposely took the roads everybody avoided so that I could make it to my destination faster and those tires and AWD just chewed up any steep snowy hill.

The S3 is still AWD and is pretty similar to the s4 other than a bit smaller and no sport diff.

Take it for a test drive, I think you'll be very pleased.
Mike00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 03:30 PM   #3
Yellow Camaro

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS
No S3, but I do have an Audi A4 and SQ5 in addition to the Camaro. I'll say that the fit and finish is second to none, and the handling is downright impressive. Flawless cornering prowess, and as surefooted as a mountain goat in virtually anything Mother Nature throws at me. As for interior quality, tech features, etc...it actually sucks getting back in the Camaro after driving the SQ5 too long.

The S3 is a really fun car, it's just a little small. Rear passenger head and legroom are limited. My A4 is actually the older bodystyle, and for reference the current A3/S3 is virtually identical in size to the previous A4's in every way. It gets the job done, but a crossover was a better fit for us. They're tough to get right now though....most dealers have 0-2. All of the are AWD by the way, you mentioned FWD which is what's standard on the A3 only.
Yellow Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 11:45 PM   #4
Rapid Runner

Drives: 2012 Audi TT-RS
I have a TT-RS... trust me, get the AWD
Rapid Runner is offline   Reply With Quote