Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 11-22-2015, 06:41 PM   #15
29er

Drives: 14 1LE Garage King
it's so easy to tell them how it works when they are taking your car to the washbay..
at least they know or you tell them do the exterior only.
29er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 11:22 AM   #16
carjockey71@gmail.com

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro SS Convt
Stuck Seat

This just happened to me 2 days ago, I was stuck on the side of the road with my 2 kids. I had to call my wife and she had to leave work, come and get them and bring them so one could play in a violin recital, we where already running late and I was about to call for a tow truck and I was so stressed out, finally after the kids left and I was getting my wits back I decided with the kids gone and the pressure to get moving is off me to give it another try and luckily I got it to work, to be honest I was actually surprised this hasn’t happened before because my kids and they have violated the DO NOT USE THE SEAT IN THIS MANNER a couple of hundred times at least.

So I wanted to stress a couple of things, I should have taken a couple minutes and just ‘chilled’ because I found I was things and it was only after when things claimed down I was able to think it out and I wanted to put out a HUGE thanks to the people who contributed to this forum especially the links, there is no way I could of done it without that information and help, so anyways I looked at the forum again, the attached links, and with a tiny bit of brain power and a lot of luck I was able to fix the car which kept it off a flatbedded.

I did everything I could think off, I checked fuses, disconnected and reconnected the battery, started and restarted the car, reached under the seat disconnected everything and reconnected it, shook my seat, tried to MANUALLY release it, I had that whole seat torn apart on the side of the road (BTW the passenger side recliner worked perfectly) I looked everywhere for micro switches, etc, at first I couldn’t find anything, but here is what you need to do:

WATCH YOUR HANDS - I CUT MYSELF PRETTY GOOD BECAUSE I WASNT PAYING ATTENTION THEY’RE ARE ALL KINDS OF STEEL THINGS YOU CAN CUT YOURSELF WITH !!

Move the seat all the way forward (you need to get behind it to work on it or if your a larger person sit in the back seat) looking at the recliner portion of the seat at the rear of the seat where the manual release is you have 2 zippers running down each side of the seat, pull out the bottom of the seat cover that’s tucked into the seat so you can access the zippers and unzip both sides of the seat (there are no ‘pull tabs’ attached to the zipper - just the zipper head) fold up the seat cover and tuck it under the headrest just to get it out of the way, now looking at the inside of seat to the left the is the cable release for the reclining seatback - if you can’t find it just look at the center of the seat when the manual release is and run your fingers along the black cord coming from manual release is and where the cable when it stops inside at the microswitch the release is tucked in the left inside the frame of the seat, you’ll see a Small metal tab at the end of the cable OVER at the microswitch - I would see if the switch / assembly is damaged, regardless the metal tab needs to be seperated from the switch which you should be able to do by PUSHING DOWN on the metal tab and releasing it and hear it clicking when it contacts the microswitch, if you hear the microswitch clicks it should be free - reach around a try moving the recliner of the seat at the controls on the side (the ones you would normally use) if the part is not stuck and it should work as it breaks contact from the switch, after it resets you should be able to just move the recliner with the regular control. If it doesn’t move then the seat hasnt reset, try moving the recliner at the same time while holding up off the switch, use something like straw just as long as it not metallic and won’t conduct electricity, if the recliner button still doesn’t work make take whatever you have between the tab and the micro switch out and hold it down allow it to make contact, it should only make contact when using the manual release to move the recliner forward but you may have to allow it make / break contact by releasing and unreleasing the tab at the micro switch and that should do it, descibed as a safety issue it will not allow the seat recliner to move forward or back if the car thinks the it recliner moving is not secure and moving

If you have down these steps and it has not release the seat - you can try to lightly tap it the micro switch, the metal tab from the manual release is not suppose to be ‘engaged’ with the microswitch, if it is the micro switch looks at the seat and believes its in the ‘unsafe’ position the seat won’t move.

I hope thinks help anyone who is having this problem. I’m still trying to post a couple photos but since I’m new to the forum I’m not sure how to ‘embed’ a picture.

If you have any questions shoot me a email and I will try to help

Good Luck !!!!!

Last edited by carjockey71@gmail.com; 12-06-2018 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Grammar
carjockey71@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 09:23 AM   #17
rsrsrs

Drives: '11 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by carjockey71@gmail.com View Post
This just happened to me 2 days ago, I was stuck on the side of the road with my 2 kids. I had to call my wife and she had to leave work, come and get them and bring them so one could play in a violin recital, we where already running late and I was about to call for a tow truck and I was so stressed out, finally after the kids left and I was getting my wits back I decided with the kids gone and the pressure to get moving is off me to give it another try and luckily I got it to work, to be honest I was actually surprised this hasn’t happened before because my kids and they have violated the DO NOT USE THE SEAT IN THIS MANNER a couple of hundred times at least.

So I wanted to stress a couple of things, I should have taken a couple minutes and just ‘chilled’ because I found I was things and it was only after when things claimed down I was able to think it out and I wanted to put out a HUGE thanks to the people who contributed to this forum especially the links, there is no way I could of done it without that information and help, so anyways I looked at the forum again, the attached links, and with a tiny bit of brain power and a lot of luck I was able to fix the car which kept it off a flatbedded.

I did everything I could think off, I checked fuses, disconnected and reconnected the battery, started and restarted the car, reached under the seat disconnected everything and reconnected it, shook my seat, tried to MANUALLY release it, I had that whole seat torn apart on the side of the road (BTW the passenger side recliner worked perfectly) I looked everywhere for micro switches, etc, at first I couldn’t find anything, but here is what you need to do:

WATCH YOUR HANDS - I CUT MYSELF PRETTY GOOD BECAUSE I WASNT PAYING ATTENTION THEY’RE ARE ALL KINDS OF STEEL THINGS YOU CAN CUT YOURSELF WITH !!

Move the seat all the way forward (you need to get behind it to work on it or if your a larger person sit in the back seat) looking at the recliner portion of the seat at the rear of the seat where the manual release is you have 2 zippers running down each side of the seat, pull out the bottom of the seat cover that’s tucked into the seat so you can access the zippers and unzip both sides of the seat (there are no ‘pull tabs’ attached to the zipper - just the zipper head) fold up the seat cover and tuck it under the headrest just to get it out of the way, now looking at the inside of seat to the left the is the cable release for the reclining seatback - if you can’t find it just look at the center of the seat when the manual release is and run your fingers along the black cord coming from manual release is and where the cable when it stops inside at the microswitch the release is tucked in the left inside the frame of the seat, you’ll see a Small metal tab at the end of the cable OVER at the microswitch - I would see if the switch / assembly is damaged, regardless the metal tab needs to be seperated from the switch which you should be able to do by PUSHING DOWN on the metal tab and releasing it and hear it clicking when it contacts the microswitch, if you hear the microswitch clicks it should be free - reach around a try moving the recliner of the seat at the controls on the side (the ones you would normally use) if the part is not stuck and it should work as it breaks contact from the switch, after it resets you should be able to just move the recliner with the regular control. If it doesn’t move then the seat hasnt reset, try moving the recliner at the same time while holding up off the switch, use something like straw just as long as it not metallic and won’t conduct electricity, if the recliner button still doesn’t work make take whatever you have between the tab and the micro switch out and hold it down allow it to make contact, it should only make contact when using the manual release to move the recliner forward but you may have to allow it make / break contact by releasing and unreleasing the tab at the micro switch and that should do it, descibed as a safety issue it will not allow the seat recliner to move forward or back if the car thinks the it recliner moving is not secure and moving

If you have down these steps and it has not release the seat - you can try to lightly tap it the micro switch, the metal tab from the manual release is not suppose to be ‘engaged’ with the microswitch, if it is the micro switch looks at the seat and believes its in the ‘unsafe’ position the seat won’t move.

I hope thinks help anyone who is having this problem. I’m still trying to post a couple photos but since I’m new to the forum I’m not sure how to ‘embed’ a picture.

If you have any questions shoot me a email and I will try to help

Good Luck !!!!!
Want to thank you for your post as it helped me out. However I didn't bother with the pressing down of the metal tab. I just took pliers to the screw/bolt circled in red and moved it backwards as I pressed the seat switch recline back. Motor now moves the seat back forward and backwards. Now I just need to fix the other issue of why it's not heating up any more.

rsrsrs is offline   Reply With Quote