Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-17-2013, 10:17 PM   #57
mgaspari

Drives: Camaro rs 2lt IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey64 View Post
If you are getting the Brembos, I wouldn't get your V6 ones powder-coated. Paint them instead! It is super easy, I did mine last year and they still look like they did the day I painted them
oh no im not getting the v6 powdercoated than brembos...im saying the brembos are so expensive that idk if i would get them even though i want them.

Say i dont get the Brembos, i think ill just like my v6 brakes alone, because im not sure how good it would look.
mgaspari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:15 PM   #58
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
A roll of tape, some old newspaper, a can of spray paint (or the brush on kind), and a couple of hours and they can be any color that you want. If you don't like the color, repaint a different color.

Personally, I prefer the classic red. Silver would make them appear stock, or black and they would be hardly noticeable. (or any other color of your choosing).
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:27 PM   #59
mgaspari

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
A roll of tape, some old newspaper, a can of spray paint (or the brush on kind), and a couple of hours and they can be any color that you want. If you don't like the color, repaint a different color.

Personally, I prefer the classic red. Silver would make them appear stock, or black and they would be hardly noticeable. (or any other color of your choosing).
no i know how to do it lol..

Im saying i dont even think its worth painting the v6 calipers because i dont even think they will look nice.

On the otherhand, i know brembo calipers painted orange on a IBM looks great.

I dont like the red IBM combo
Old 04-18-2013, 07:49 PM   #60
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Either will look awesome! But if you painted your V6 ones it definitely makes a difference, I mean of course, Brembos look better, but if you are starting to reconsider because of the expensive price tag, you will not be disappointed with painted V6 calipers. here are mine
Attached Images

Old 04-18-2013, 07:55 PM   #61
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Drives: 2011 IOM 1LT RS M6
I think they look very good painted! even for V6 brakes...
Monchy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:34 PM   #62
mgaspari

Quote:
Either will look awesome! But if you painted your V6 ones it definitely makes a difference, I mean of course, Brembos look better, but if you are starting to reconsider because of the expensive price tag, you will not be disappointed with painted V6 calipers. here are mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monchy36 View Post
I think they look very good painted! even for V6 brakes...
Not bad! i like them

Aubrey- Can you take a sideview pic of the car like the one you did but further away? Just so i can see the IBM.
Thanks
Old 04-18-2013, 08:38 PM   #63
mgaspari

Just ordered BLACKFIRE midnight sun carnauba wax, all my mod money is slowly depleting because im buying alot of car care products

But than again, the mods are pointless if the cars not shining
Old 04-18-2013, 09:34 PM   #64
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgaspari View Post
Not bad! i like them

Aubrey- Can you take a sideview pic of the car like the one you did but further away? Just so i can see the IBM.
Thanks
Yeah sure thing, Here it is. If you need me to take a better one tomorrow when it is light out, just me know. Hope this helps!
Attached Images

Old 04-18-2013, 09:48 PM   #65
mgaspari

Quote:
Yeah sure thing, Here it is. If you need me to take a better one tomorrow when it is light out, just me know. Hope this helps!
looks really good! thanks
Old 04-19-2013, 07:59 PM   #66
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
They will look good either way. Doesn't really matter if they are Brembos or not. I painted the calibers on our Grand Prix and my Silverado, and they were just stock units. If you can see them, they might as well look nice. Especially if it's something that catches your eye. I know I tend to look at the calibers all the time when I'm checking out a car.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:53 PM   #67
Blackout SS

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro SS
Hey im 17 also! Nice ride, I really like your ZL1 body kit ... we should meet up
Old 04-21-2013, 01:04 PM   #68
mgaspari

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
They will look good either way. Doesn't really matter if they are Brembos or not. I painted the calibers on our Grand Prix and my Silverado, and they were just stock units. If you can see them, they might as well look nice. Especially if it's something that catches your eye. I know I tend to look at the calibers all the time when I'm checking out a car.
yea same, the wheels and calipers are one of the first things i notice on a car. I may opt to just paint my v6 calipers some orange color. Thats going to be the next hard part, figuring out exactly what orange i like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackout SS View Post
Hey im 17 also! Nice ride, I really like your ZL1 body kit ... we should meet up
Thanks! like the blacked out look of your car
Old 04-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #69
Mid Life

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Judging by the pictures inside your garage it appears your step father understands your love of cars. A lot of people would scoff at buying a teenager a new car but if they are have demonstrated maturity and responsibility I see nothing wrong with it. I bought my daughter her first new car when she was 18 and graduated High School. I enjoyed giving her that car as much as she enjoyed having it and I bet your parents feel the same way. Be sure to show them your appreciation. Congratulations and nice job with the mods so far. BTW I am 50+ and just bought my first Camaro 3 weeks ago.
Attached Images

Mid Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:50 PM   #70
mgaspari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mid Life View Post
Judging by the pictures inside your garage it appears your step father understands your love of cars. A lot of people would scoff at buying a teenager a new car but if they are have demonstrated maturity and responsibility I see nothing wrong with it. I bought my daughter her first new car when she was 18 and graduated High School. I enjoyed giving her that car as much as she enjoyed having it and I bet your parents feel the same way. Be sure to show them your appreciation. Congratulations and nice job with the mods so far. BTW I am 50+ and just bought my first Camaro 3 weeks ago.
thank you, really appreciate the kind words.

And my stepdads first car was a camaro when he was a kid so it was rather fitting for me to get one

Love the color combo of your camaro!