Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-14-2014, 07:12 PM   #337
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
See this thread:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347112

This could be good news!

It's not any new news unfortunately.
Old 05-12-2014, 12:13 PM   #338
Revspeed
revspeed.eu

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro V6 RS
Send a message via Skype™ to Revspeed
We are building V6 LT RS here in Estonia and tried to order them from USA but no luck. Managed to order them from Europe. Price is well... pretty hight but we will get them in 3 weeks at least.
Revspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:48 PM   #339
Cms3717
Recaro Employee

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Recaro seat as an aftermarket purchase coming VERY soon. No price known, Exact date not known. But soon That's all I can say.
Cms3717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 01:58 PM   #340
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cms3717 View Post
Recaro seat as an aftermarket purchase coming VERY soon. No price known, Exact date not known. But soon That's all I can say.

Have you tried them out? I haven't been able to find them anywhere, just seems like an option that's very hard to find. Would love to at least get a chance to see how they feel. My seats, stock, are really comfortable, but I'm small so they're not snug enough to hold me in place. I've heard good and bad reviews on them.
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 06:44 PM   #341
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
I hope soon, as in next week.
Quote:

Last edited by Midnight Rat; 06-04-2014 at 09:08 PM.
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 06:59 PM   #342
ghostrider2

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow ZL1 Vert/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
I wouldn't go so far to say they "owe" them to you. But they should make them available for previous model years yes.
Also let us with the vert decide if we want them or not! Don't make the decision for us...
Old 06-05-2014, 10:26 AM   #343
Cms3717
Recaro Employee

Yes, I've tried them out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
Have you tried them out? I haven't been able to find them anywhere, just seems like an option that's very hard to find. Would love to at least get a chance to see how they feel. My seats, stock, are really comfortable, but I'm small so they're not snug enough to hold me in place. I've heard good and bad reviews on them.

Go to the dealer and sit in one And yes I have tried them out, I work there, lol.
Old 06-05-2014, 10:30 AM   #344
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Drives: Zoe the ZL1, 2012 Frontier
Quote:
Go to the dealer and sit in one And yes I have tried them out, I work there, lol.
I think what she is saying that even finding them at dealers is difficult. Tom Henry had 0 on the lot with Recaros the last three times I've been there.

Basically if its a customer order they're opting for the recaros. If they're the ordering manager orders, they're not opting for them. At least that's the trend I see.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:09 PM   #345
z28lt1

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Oil Guy View Post
I think what she is saying that even finding them at dealers is difficult. Tom Henry had 0 on the lot with Recaros the last three times I've been there.

Basically if its a customer order they're opting for the recaros. If they're the ordering manager orders, they're not opting for them. At least that's the trend I see.
When I was searching in my area to sit in them before I bought a car, it didn't take long to find a couple, it could be a regional thing though. Remember you can look for them on SS's ZL1s and Z28s.

Tom Henry is showing a ZL1 in stock with the Recaros (although sometimes in stock on a web site could be an inbound sold car). Near Plymouth where Normagene is according to the profile, Quirk is showing a Z28 in stock, not sure if they'll let you sit it in or not....
z28lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 01:52 PM   #346
jayno20
Go fast, please.

Drives: 2019 Corvette ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Oil Guy View Post

That's where I first test drove a ZL1. I almost bought from there too until he couldn't locate me the right one (red hot, recaros, nav, etc.)

He did call me not too long ago to let me know they had a Blue ray on the lot with recaros and it was literally sold 2 days later lol.
jayno20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 01:53 PM   #347
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Drives: Zoe the ZL1, 2012 Frontier
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28lt1 View Post
When I was searching in my area to sit in them before I bought a car, it didn't take long to find a couple, it could be a regional thing though. Remember you can look for them on SS's ZL1s and Z28s.

Tom Henry is showing a ZL1 in stock with the Recaros (although sometimes in stock on a web site could be an inbound sold car). Near Plymouth where Normagene is according to the profile, Quirk is showing a Z28 in stock, not sure if they'll let you sit it in or not....
Yea I checked every trim of Camaro that TH had. I Ben checked the dealership where I got my ZL1 and some of the tinier dealerships around where I live now. Haven't had any luck.

That ZL1 wasnt at TH when I was there last. May have to check again.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:17 PM   #348
Cms3717
Recaro Employee

All Z28's will have them as they are standard in those, But yeah, the others have to get them as an option.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:58 PM   #349
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:

Haven't found a car with them at any of the area dealerships. As soon as I do I will definitely try them out.
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:59 PM   #350
Ray_Cam_SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
To those who have sat in ZL1's Recaro seats, how do they feel compared to stock seats? My Dad has problems sitting and needs a comfortable seat, good cushion. Are Recaro seats way better than stock? Adequate cushion? Is it worth buying a ZL1 with Recaros?

I'm searching for a 2012-13 grey ZL1, sunroof, loaded, etc.

Thx.
Ray_Cam_SS is offline   Reply With Quote