Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-12-2015, 10:28 AM   #1
Speedfreak391
One man Army

Drives: 1987 Iroc Players car
Drivers heated mirror not working.

Ok, so I just moved back to Michigan after buying my 2010 2ss/rs in Florida. Didn't ever use the rear defroster or the heated mirrors in Florida, but on the cool mornings in MI I need them.
Has anyone had any issues with these heated mirrors? Passenger side works fine, rear defrost works fine, driver side not working at all. Power movement works, just no heat.
Any help is appreciated.

2010 Camaro 2SS/RS with a K&N cold air Stainless Power headers, Magnaflow cat-back, staggered TSW Nurburgring's just a great daily driver.
Speedfreak391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 04:35 PM   #2
GoTopless

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
Bringing this thread back up.
Im having the exact same issue. Everything works except the heated function. Its really strange since it looks like there is voltage being supplied to the leads that should go to the heating element leads on the back of the mirror. Ive tried a used mirror glass and a whole used mirror assembly and everything works except for the heated function. The one strange thing is I could have sworn that the voltage being supplied to the heating element was 12.5V so i would think that's right. Also what is the resistance that the element should have? Just find it strange that voltage is being supplied but the original and 2 used ones do not work.
Very Puzzled.
Thank You for any help.
Mark
GoTopless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 08:50 PM   #3
h018871
Geoff

Drives: 2020 ZL1 Green
topless
i hope you got it figured out already, if not....................

I recently experienced a non heating drivers side mirror. passenger worked fine and the drivers dimming feature worked. mine turned out to be a bad heater on the back of the mirror. the circuit read open. (i did not read the new heating element resistance)
First, what is supposed to happen:
When the rear window defroster is turned on, the outside mirrors get the same B+ voltage (12v or more). the voltage comes from the same relay & fuse. so if one mirror heater works, then the system is supplying the correct voltage (relay & fuse are good). the two mirrors have different ground paths however.
when you look at the small black mirror connector (on the back of the glass, with 4 wires)
1&2--> auto dim
3--> heater ground
4--> heater 12v

Only one side of the connector has numbers on it, i forget if it is the door side or the mirror side, check that you have a good ground on the door side on socket #3 and 12v on #4. if you do, then it is the mirror glass/heater.
I doubt that is your issue since you have 3 mirrors that don't work, but check it first anyway. if you are missing the 12v or ground, chase the wires back to find the open/short.

Thx to yzark99 for this
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=297215

attached are some pages from the shop manual, good luck!
Attached Images