Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-14-2008, 10:45 AM   #43
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by brantley847 View Post
damn they give you leo rate?
Nope. No LEO rate. Just lots of discounts if you know where to look. Multicar discount, good driver discount, alarm discount, running lights discount, defensive driving discount, etc, etc, etc...the list just keeps going on...

But, most importantly, we've NEVER made a claim. My wife has never gotten a ticket and I haven't had one in 9 years. But....well...14 tickets before that didn't help....they put me in a 'special' bracket just for that...awe...i feel...so special...

I take that back...I did make one claim when my truck was burglarized many, many years ago.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 10:48 AM   #44
Mythic

Drives: '03 Monte Carlo SS
I love USAA. I have an '03 Monte and a renters policy (apartment dweller) with 300k Liabilty coveage. USAA runs me about $80 a month.
Mythic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 01:09 PM   #45
PA FAST
Future Camaro Driver.

Drives: 2009 Escape/2007 Ridgeline
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
579.65 for my 02 SS and my wifes 05 Kia Sorento. We are both 30 years old. Not bad for USAA, huh?!
How often do you pay? Or is that figure the total for the year?
PA FAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 12:34 AM   #46
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA FAST View Post
How often do you pay? Or is that figure the total for the year?
Nope...not the whole year. That's for a 6 month policy. But, our deductible is only $250 for each car AND we raised up our PIP part of the policy...and we also raised our protection amount for the other vehicle loss if our fault. All the cars around here are pretty much 50K+...well a good majority of them. So, if we kept our total payout amount at 25K, we'd have a problem if we accidentally hit a Lexus, Merc, BMW, etc. We've 'tailored' our policy to best suit our location and needs.
Old 06-15-2008, 02:10 AM   #47
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by acscamarochick06 View Post
Yeah...

Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there! LOL

No complaints here, anyway!
i just dumped allstate ,they were trying to add sand to the KY-jelly

i havent had a ticket in over 10 years and im 35 years old.i went with nation waide and saved 80 dollars a month,and i got more coverage along with lower deductible.and after the first year i will start getting long-term discounts.what i really need to find is some type of show car insurance.a guy i know in a car club i was in had it.It was really cheap,but he had to keep the mileage down on it to qualify for a show car.

its good to keep your coverage high.you can be sued if your insurance doesnt cover everything,and if your a home-owner you can lose your house.I keep mine at 300,000.00
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 03:43 AM   #48
lafountain

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
I keep meaning to call USAA and get a quote from them. I have been with State Farm for quite a while now, but all the numbers a few of my co-workers are getting with USAA makes me a little curious.

I bought a car, turned out to be an alien robot. Who knew?
lafountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 03:46 AM   #49
lafountain

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28collection View Post
its not always about price you have to think about that companys service when you need them.

This is very true. If you have any questions about an insurance company in your area, remember the best people to talk to are the body shops in the area since they have to deal with the insurance companies all the time.

I bought a car, turned out to be an alien robot. Who knew?
lafountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 01:38 PM   #50
PA FAST
Future Camaro Driver.

Quote:
Nope...not the whole year. That's for a 6 month policy. But, our deductible is only $250 for each car AND we raised up our PIP part of the policy...and we also raised our protection amount for the other vehicle loss if our fault. All the cars around here are pretty much 50K+...well a good majority of them. So, if we kept our total payout amount at 25K, we'd have a problem if we accidentally hit a Lexus, Merc, BMW, etc. We've 'tailored' our policy to best suit our location and needs.
Thats a good idea. I guess if you hit a car it would be like Back into the Future, where you hit the Bentley and you end up paying it off for the rest of your life. Not bad though, hopefully if I put it under my fathers insurance they won't crucify me for that year. In a way its good timing that the convertible is coming out in 2010, I will be able to handle the payments and the insurance.

When you guys get a Camaro we need to start a thread and see which insurance company saves you the most money.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:39 AM   #51
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Don't forget that there's lots of factors that go into a quote for insurance. Location (part of the country), city (higher probability of accident), boonies (less cars = less probability of accident), age (older = lower and younger = higher), average # of expected miles per year, good driver discounts, def driving discounts, etc.

some insurance companies even go so far as to use part of the city (crime rate) to determine quote....

Some companies give better rates if you do other banking with them too. Lots of variables. I'm not saying compare. I'm just reminding that if we do, we have to plug in all the variables when we tell each other what we have. Ultimately, the best bet would be to shop, shop, shop around and compare prices. Oh...and, don't forget that sometimes paying a little more, = a hell of a lot better service. Yes, I pay a little more, but have never and will never have a problem w/ USAA. I LOVE them.
Old 06-16-2008, 01:47 PM   #52
PA FAST
Future Camaro Driver.

Quote:
Don't forget that there's lots of factors that go into a quote for insurance. Location (part of the country), city (higher probability of accident), boonies (less cars = less probability of accident), age (older = lower and younger = higher), average # of expected miles per year, good driver discounts, def driving discounts, etc.

some insurance companies even go so far as to use part of the city (crime rate) to determine quote....

Some companies give better rates if you do other banking with them too. Lots of variables. I'm not saying compare. I'm just reminding that if we do, we have to plug in all the variables when we tell each other what we have. Ultimately, the best bet would be to shop, shop, shop around and compare prices. Oh...and, don't forget that sometimes paying a little more, = a hell of a lot better service. Yes, I pay a little more, but have never and will never have a problem w/ USAA. I LOVE them.
I know that from experience, our family used to live in New York and we had just one car. A 1994 Honda Accord, we haven't had an accident in 20 years plus we only had minimum coverage on the car since it was so old but still they managed to charge us $3k a year to insure it. When I turned 18 they charged even more. Up where we are now we have the Accord and a new truck, the car only has minimum coverage but the truck has full coverage and its only $1200 a year for them both.

So I know from experience all the tricks the insurance company pulls to get your money. I was just curious to see the difference in price based on the kind of powertrain you have.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:03 PM   #53
punkdrum01

Drives: 1999 z28 Vert Black/Black
Yea, I dunno why you guys are all paying soooooo much. I just turned 25 in February. Before that I was paying $88.00 per month for my 99 z28 Vert, when i turned 25 it dropped to $76.00. I'm hoping a 5th gen isnt too much more.
punkdrum01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 03:58 PM   #54
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
579.65 for my 02 SS and my wifes 05 Kia Sorento. We are both 30 years old. Not bad for USAA, huh?!
wow two people and two cars on one policy with usaa and it's only 579.65. wow my 6 month policy on my truck and camaro runs just me over 1000.00 with USAA. and I haven't had any accidents or tickets in the last 4 years.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 04:29 PM   #55
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
I pay like $290 for my camaro and like $120 for my wife's silverado MONTHLY! but I have an ugly driving record...
Chevyrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 12:57 AM   #56
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkdrum01 View Post
Yea, I dunno why you guys are all paying soooooo much. I just turned 25 in February. Before that I was paying $88.00 per month for my 99 z28 Vert, when i turned 25 it dropped to $76.00. I'm hoping a 5th gen isnt too much more.
I'm only paying $123 more on our policy...and that's w/a second car. So, I feel mine isn't that high.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
wow two people and two cars on one policy with usaa and it's only 579.65. wow my 6 month policy on my truck and camaro runs just me over 1000.00 with USAA. and I haven't had any accidents or tickets in the last 4 years.
Yeah...the big discount is because we do ALL of our banking through them.