Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 01-15-2011, 09:13 AM   #1
cjingle

Drives: 1969 Camaro RS, 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Thumbs up Jan 22nd 2011 ABQ SMS Cars, Coffee, Chile, and Speed (Track Day)!

Another Albuquerque SMS Cars, Coffee, Chile, and Speed (Track Day) on the 22nd of January 2011 (weather permitting).

The entry fee is holding at $50 per track day, unless you become a Driver's Club member. More information on this will be posted at http://www.sandiamotorsports.com/ or http://www.sandia-speedway.com/

The time will be between 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM (alot of the time, it's even longer).

We'll meet up at Hotel Albuquerque in Old Town at 9:30 AM and caravan out to the track.

Details on the Track Day are at http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106280

I hope to see you all there!

The last Track Day was awesome. We pretty much had the track to ourselves. Fun times!

UPDATE: Clarification - there is a $5 fee for anyone coming out to observe and hang out! Coffee and drinks are still free. It is $50 for drivers.

Helmets are required! The last time, there was a gentleman there selling very nice helmets a reasonable prices (I bought one for $85, a good deal).

-------------------------------
This is from Jim Guthrie:

Bell makes an open face helmet with a short visor, looks good and is not too much money. Go to www.saferacer.com, http://simpsonraceproducts.com/, http://www.impacthelmets.com/, or http://www.bellracing.com/public/ind...ct/detail/232/
to see helmet choices.

The fireproof lined helmets will cost more and really aren't needed. If someone plans to race, it must be a full face, Snell 2010. I think it is the latest, nomex lined helmet. Some sanctioning bodies allow one step older Snell rated helmets, check with the sanctioning body.

Curt

Last edited by cjingle; 01-21-2011 at 03:44 PM.
cjingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:04 AM   #2
2010 BADSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
I'm looking forward to it. Can't wait to get out there and get some more track time under my belt! Here's to hoping the weather holds up!
DSS 9" rear with 3.90 gear
Pfadt suspension/Hotchkiss chassis brace
Forgeline Wheels VR3S/Nitto tires

Beware of the LPE Sisterhood
2010 BADSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:59 PM   #3
Blown396

Drives: 2008 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjingle View Post
Another Albuquerque SMS Cars, Coffee, Chile, and Speed (Track Day) on the 22nd of January 2011 (weather permitting).

The entry fee is at $50 per track day (I'll get clarification on this as it was under review), unless you become a Driver's Club member. More information on this will be posted at http://www.sandiamotorsports.com/ or http://www.sandia-speedway.com/

The time will be between 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM (alot of the time, it's even longer).

We'll meet up at Hotel Albuquerque in Old Town at 9:30 AM and caravan out to the track.

Details on the Track Day are at http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106280

I hope to see you all there!

The last Track Day was awesome. We pretty much had the track to ourselves. Fun times!

UPDATE: Clarification - there is a $5 fee for anyone coming out to observe and hang out! Coffee and drinks are still free.

Helmets are required! The last time, there was a gentleman there selling very nice helmets a reasonable prices (I bought one for $85, a good deal).

-------------------------------
This is from Jim Guthrie:

Bell makes an open face helmet with a short visor, looks good and is not too much money. Go to www.saferacer.com, www.simpson.com, www.impact.com, or www.bell.com to see helmet choices.

The fireproof lined helmets will cost more and really aren't needed. If someone plans to race, it must be a full face, Snell 2010. I think it is the latest, nomex lined helmet. Some sanctioning bodies allow one step older Snell rated helmets, check with the sanctioning body.
That bell.com goes to the telephone co. Try this one http://www.bellracing.com/public/ind...ct/detail/232/
The simpson.com is incorrect also. Try this one http://simpsonraceproducts.com/
The impact site goes to grocery bags! LOL! Try this one http://www.impacthelmets.com/

Blown396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 08:42 AM   #4
cjingle

Thanks Blown396! I've fixed the links.

That's what Jim gave me. I didn't even think of checking them. Thanks again.

Curt
Old 01-20-2011, 06:20 PM   #5
Ocikat

Drives: 2012 2LT 45th convertible
:( I'm on call this weekend and will probably be working so I most likely won't be able to come out and play , I will come out if I get the chance, take a lap or 2 for me ok.

Ocikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:54 PM   #6
2010 BADSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocikat View Post
:( I'm on call this weekend and will probably be working so I most likely won't be able to come out and play , I will come out if I get the chance, take a lap or 2 for me ok.
OK, twist my arm! Sorry you can't make this one.

Old 01-21-2011, 03:43 PM   #7
cjingle

How many people are going to this tomorrow?

If nobody is interested, I'll let the SMS folks know and I'll sleep in tomorrow.

Curt
Old 01-21-2011, 07:46 PM   #8
2010 BADSS

I'm still planning to go. Our friend with the BMW emailed me and said he is planning to go and trying to recruit some of his friends. Maybe some of the CCNM people are coming? I don't really have any contact with them though. Who else is in????

Old 01-22-2011, 01:57 AM   #9
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjingle View Post
How many people are going to this tomorrow?

If nobody is interested, I'll let the SMS folks know and I'll sleep in tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 BADSS View Post
I'm still planning to go. Our friend with the BMW emailed me and said he is planning to go and trying to recruit some of his friends. Maybe some of the CCNM people are coming? I don't really have any contact with them though. Who else is in????
I posted up the event on the Southwest Speed FB page as well as my personal one. Haven't seen much action as to who might be going.

The Sizzle will be taking my boot to work tomorrow. Gotta get a few more duckets for the "next addition" so I won't make it out.

...and I"m sure that my tires won't last more than a few good laps there if I were to make it out.

..cue my arse going out to Sandia Park to pick up some wheels from RS.

I will catch you all on the next one. We should be done and ready to test it out by then.

Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:24 AM   #10
2010 BADSS

Quote:
I will catch you all on the next one. We should be done and ready to test it out by then.
When do you start?????

Old 01-22-2011, 03:11 PM   #11
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Hopefully by the end of this week....were waiting on Urist from what Dave says.

Wooooosh!
Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:19 PM   #12
cjingle

You guys missed a great one!

Once again, you all missed a great track day :(. Not everyone ran the track and they still had a great time talking about cars, hanging out, and enjoying each other's company.

So, you don't have to run the track. Just come on out and provide moral support to those who do. Ride alongs are always free.

Shamefully we have to admit, on our way out to the track, a 4th gen blew past us doing at least 90 MPH. That made us look bad.

The weather was awesome today. The track was ours. There were only 10 drivers and not all were out at the same time.

The 'ol 69 was out again. Damian showed up with his "new" 2000. Diana didn't spin out this time. She behaved herself.

Fun times!
Attached Images

Curt
Old 01-22-2011, 04:30 PM   #13
2010 BADSS

It really was and awesome day!! The weather was unbelievable, and it was great being able to drive on the track with no waiting, and pretty much no traffic. It was a very good day to improve your skills! And not spinning is just a bonus.

I did behave myself! Believe me, when that 4th gen cut in front of me, I hit the brakes, then stayed on his rear. Then he nailed it, and went straight for the left lane. I WAS TEMPTED! :seesaw: Instead, I stayed in formation, and decided to hammer it on the track instead. I was kind of hoping he'd join us, but apparently he had someplace to be, and NOW!

I just don't understand how everyone is passing on these track days. It's so much fun, and like Curt said, even if you don't want to drive on the track, it's still fun to meet at Hotel Albuquerque, caravan out to the track, pay the $5 see all the cool cars driving on the track, hang out with your friends and talk cars, and if you feel up to it, you can take a ride with someone in their car!

Old 01-22-2011, 07:28 PM   #14
andredmg
Big Nasty

Drives: Chevys lots of em
Hey is that ole boys 4th Gen Z car that got T-Boned? If so you guys knocked that out pretty quick at CC (Car Crafters) NIOOOCE!!!
andredmg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cars and coffee, fun, racing, sms, track day