Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Audio / Visual / Electronics/ Gauges / Nav

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 08-28-2015, 02:49 PM   #1
southerncarparts

Drives: 2009 Corvette Z06
Camaro L99 RA003 Range Technology Active Fuel Management Disable Device

2010-15 Camaro SS L99 RA003 Range Technology Active Fuel Management Disable Device

The Range AFM Disabler Device keeps your vehicle in 8 cylinder mode 100%, preventing the Active Fuel Management system from dropping cylinders. This is the only product that will disable Active Fuel Management without reprogramming the factory ECU. Full power delivery all the time without factory warranty concerns. BE AWARE WHEN ORDERING THAT THIS ITEM IS NOT LEGAL FOR SALE OR SHIPMENT TO CALIFORNIA VEHICLES.

- Keeps your vehicle in V8 mode! Disable 4 cylinder mode on all GM Active Fuel Management vehicles.
- Installs in seconds! Plugs into diagnostic port with no tools needed.
- Does not reprogram factory ECU. Leaves no trace.
- Full power all the time. Increased throttle response and more consistent power delivery across the entire band.

It took over 8,000 hours and more than 100,000 miles on the road to develop technology that customizes your vehicle to suit your driving needs.

- Locks your ride in V8 mode for immediate power!
- Reduces throttle lag and provides more consistent power delivery across the entire power band
- Disables Active Fuel Management to unleash the true power of your engine
- Eliminates annoying cabin drone when used with aftermarket exhaust systems
- The Range AFM Disable Device has been shown to reduce oil consumption many vehicles with Active Fuel Management exhibit from switching between 4/8 cylinder modes
- Installs in seconds with no tools, simply plug it into your OBD-II port
- Does not reprogram the ECU, so no watermarks are left for the dealer to detect
- Your Range Active Fuel Management Disable Device boasts a 1-Year Warranty
- Made in the USA

Available here: Camaro L99 RA003 Range Technology Active Fuel Management Disable Device
southerncarparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 03:27 PM   #2
10 Silver Bullet

Drives: 2010 Silver SS2
How much?
10 Silver Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 07:50 AM   #3
mpd659

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro SS
Camaro L99 RA003 Range Technology Active Fuel Management Disable Device

Has anyone tried it? Does it work good? I like the idea of not having to reprogram the ECU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by mpd659; 08-29-2015 at 08:06 AM.
mpd659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 06:52 AM   #4
KickerZ71

Drives: Camaro SS
I have it and simply love it
KickerZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 08:01 AM   #5
JamesMyBoy

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
I've had mine for almost a year. It works as advertised - power delivery is much smoother.
Only thing to watch for - don't leave it in if you don't drive your car for three or four days. It will run your battery down. I put it back in the box over the winter!
Old 12-02-2015, 09:40 AM   #6
southerncarparts

Old 12-09-2015, 10:01 PM   #7
mpd659

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro SS
I bought one on Black Friday from autoanything.com for $149. That's the cheapest sale I've seen on them. So far, I love it. It's worth the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mpd659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 11:07 AM   #8
camarodragonL99

Drives: 1967 Camaro, 2010 Camaro
I've got it and so far so good. It absolutely kills AFM... (worst idea ever to put on a muscle car) V8 all day...

Haven't had any problems on my 2010 SS, except for the battery drain after 2 weeks.. No lights, no codes...
camarodragonL99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 11:12 AM   #9
camarodragonL99

Drives: 1967 Camaro, 2010 Camaro
Heres what I've found in the course of trying out the range over the 2016 year.

I have a 2010 2SS so if your car is different the device my work differently.

The Good:
AFM is turned off.. ALWAYS.. it works every time. Which is what it is supposed to do.

The Bad:
Its a little in the way when your getting into the car. My foot will kick it pluged into the OBDII slot if I'm not cognizant of it getting into the car. It's not really the RANGES fault because it actually pretty small, but im a big guy at 6'5 so I have to be aware.

The blue light: some people will complain about it. I wish it came in a red version so it would actually match my interior. You can put electrical tape over it if you don't like it. Its really not a factor for me.

Fuel consumption: I've tested it driving back and forth driving to Chicago. So these are mostly highway miles. Fuel consumption was only 1.2 miles per gallon worse.

The biggest issue is that if you leave your car off but the ignition on for an extended period of time it will eventfully throw a code. An unable to communicate with PCM I believe. The car wont start untill you completey shut off the car and restart it, and the check engine will be on for the next couple of cycles, until the computer deems it has checked it enough and working again. The code will eventually go off. This might freak people out when it first happens to them. So just be aware.

In all i give the RANGE a 9.5/10. In all it does what it is supposed to with a few small minor issues.. I would absolutly buy another one if I have another vehicle that was hindered by AFM.
camarodragonL99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 09:32 AM   #10
southerncarparts

2010-15 Camaro SS L99 RA003 Range Technology Active Fuel Management Disable Device

The Range AFM Disabler Device keeps your vehicle in 8 cylinder mode 100%, preventing the Active Fuel Management system from dropping cylinders. This is the only product that will disable Active Fuel Management without reprogramming the factory ECU. Full power delivery all the time without factory warranty concerns. BE AWARE WHEN ORDERING THAT THIS ITEM IS NOT LEGAL FOR SALE OR SHIPMENT TO CALIFORNIA VEHICLES.

- Keeps your vehicle in V8 mode! Disable 4 cylinder mode on all GM Active Fuel Management vehicles.
- Installs in seconds! Plugs into diagnostic port with no tools needed.
- Does not reprogram factory ECU. Leaves no trace.
- Full power all the time. Increased throttle response and more consistent power delivery across the entire band.

It took over 8,000 hours and more than 100,000 miles on the road to develop technology that customizes your vehicle to suit your driving needs.

- Locks your ride in V8 mode for immediate power!
- Reduces throttle lag and provides more consistent power delivery across the entire power band
- Disables Active Fuel Management to unleash the true power of your engine
- Eliminates annoying cabin drone when used with aftermarket exhaust systems
- The Range AFM Disable Device has been shown to reduce oil consumption many vehicles with Active Fuel Management exhibit from switching between 4/8 cylinder modes
- Installs in seconds with no tools, simply plug it into your OBD-II port
- Does not reprogram the ECU, so no watermarks are left for the dealer to detect
- Your Range Active Fuel Management Disable Device boasts a 1-Year Warranty
- Made in the USA

Available here: Camaro L99 RA003 Range Technology Active Fuel Management Disable Device
Old 10-14-2018, 02:32 AM   #11
05SilverStreak

Drives: Black aSS 2011 - L99
I have ordered one as my 11 SS, (former L99), is stuck in V4 Mode after CAM swap. I wonder if this will let it run normally until I get it to the Dyno. TC on the way too, (4000 stall!).