Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-23-2018, 05:00 PM   #15
mchaggis

Drives: 2011 L99 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordy87 View Post
Not sure why it would be though, I had the same HU hooked up to the old style Scosche kit and was working, but kept having issues with the kit itself, so sent it in to Scosche and they sent the newer 2.0 kit, as other was deemed defective. Kinda sucks cause I like the looks of the older kit better.
It could be this?... See the middle of post 14 about the mute wire...
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showt...ht=scosche+2.0
mchaggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 08:47 PM   #16
Gordy87

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchaggis View Post
It could be this?... See the middle of post 14 about the mute wire...
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showt...ht=scosche+2.0
I read that post. I have several wires on kit that were not used, or have any idea what they would be used for. Might I add that I have the Boston Acoustics system with the factory amp. Would this make a difference, as I did see something on google that stated speakers not working due to factory amp, after install of HU kit.
Attached Images

Gordy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 09:47 PM   #17
Leo72793

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
I read that post. I have several wires on kit that were not used, or have any idea what they would be used for. Might I add that I have the Boston Acoustics system with the factory amp. Would this make a difference, as I did see something on google that stated speakers not working due to factory amp, after install of HU kit.
if ANY of those are touching, bad things can happen. best to cover each one then bundle.
•Speed Engineering Longtube Headers
•Magnaflow HF Cats
•Bo White PnP Stage 2 TB
•Xpipe w/ Res Delete and NPP Exhaust
•Tuned By Anonymous Calibrations
•Gen5DIY Mylink Conversion W/ Backup Cam
•Morel 3 way custom speakers, Morel Subwoofers
•Audio control LC-6.1200 6ch amp
•Audio control LC-1.1500 sub amp
•Helix DSP Pro
Leo72793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 09:49 PM   #18
Leo72793

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
ALSO. Very good chance one of those may be MUTE or grounding the unit out. ANY short can cause audio issues, cause issues with onstar volume etc.

IF boston amped, you probably need the blue amp turn on wired in not bundled to the side. probably NOT turning oem amplifier on if using.
•Speed Engineering Longtube Headers
•Magnaflow HF Cats
•Bo White PnP Stage 2 TB
•Xpipe w/ Res Delete and NPP Exhaust
•Tuned By Anonymous Calibrations
•Gen5DIY Mylink Conversion W/ Backup Cam
•Morel 3 way custom speakers, Morel Subwoofers
•Audio control LC-6.1200 6ch amp
•Audio control LC-1.1500 sub amp
•Helix DSP Pro
Leo72793 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 09:59 PM   #19
mchaggis

Yes you need the Dk Blu/Wht wire connected to the HU harness as this wire turns on the amp. Compare the wires in the Scosche kit loom to the wires in the loom of the HU and it should become a bit clearer. With the amp not getting the on signal I'd guess no sound.
Pink is for VSS
Orange is dimmer
Blue is antenna boost or antenna motor
Yellow Black remains a mystery.
Old 07-24-2018, 10:06 AM   #20
Gordy87

None of them are touching. Capped then shrunk together just to keep it a little cleaner. Also, I was wondering if I needed the amp power on this kit, as on the 1st kit, since it had the factory sound system/amp, the amp (blue/white) was not used. Can this be confirmed? Do I need this wire soldered in to the HU amp wire to make factory amp work?
Old 07-24-2018, 01:49 PM   #21
mchaggis

Quote:
None of them are touching. Capped then shrunk together just to keep it a little cleaner. Also, I was wondering if I needed the amp power on this kit, as on the 1st kit, since it had the factory sound system/amp, the amp (blue/white) was not used. Can this be confirmed? Do I need this wire soldered in to the HU amp wire to make factory amp work?
Yes you need the blue/white wire connected. It’s the remote turn on signal to the amp. Amp off = no sound. Which is what I said in the above post.
Old 07-24-2018, 04:22 PM   #22
oslouie

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Redline
Quote:
After seeing this picture and realizing that you didn't have the blue/white wire hooked up, I would agree that your amp is not turning on. What you found on google about speakers not working due to the factory amp only pertains to certain vehicles. In our case, Scosche figured that out for us. Please report back and confirm if this is in fact the answer to your issue.

Also, what did you do as far as the Kenwood's SWC goes...and did/does it work?
oslouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 04:55 PM   #23
Gordy87

Thanks guys. Will give that a go hopefully as soon as tomorrow. Wife's had me doing husband stuff, ugh, the nerve of her. But anyhow, I only have to order and install the new cabinets, sink, install 10 interior doors (and paint), new front door (and stain), and 700sqft of new flooring. But hey, no big deal right. I only just got done with all new siding and trim metal, plus hand making and installing new cedar shutters. Should be done at least by "NEVER". Sure I am the only that has to do this stuff though right.

Old 07-24-2018, 05:43 PM   #24
mchaggis

Quote:
Originally Posted by oslouie View Post
Also, what did you do as far as the Kenwood's SWC goes...and did/does it work?
Kenwood SWC should be the wire labeled SWC KEY1 in the Scosche loom.
I too would like to know how your's turns out once you finished rebuilding your whole house! This is the reason we have Without these to keep our hopes alive we'd just shrivel up and die.
Old 07-24-2018, 07:02 PM   #25
Gordy87

Old 07-27-2018, 05:55 PM   #26
oslouie

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchaggis View Post
Kenwood SWC should be the wire labeled SWC KEY1 in the Scosche loom.
I too would like to know how your's turns out once you finished rebuilding your whole house! This is the reason we have Without these to keep our hopes alive we'd just shrivel up and die.
"Should" be...but is it though?
oslouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 07:09 PM   #27
mchaggis

That’s what the Scosche tech guy said. Kenwood loom Lt Blu/Yel is the SWC wire. This connects to the Scosche loom SWC KEY1 wire.
So yes it should. I have yet to start my install so I’m just passing on what I’ve been told. One other post also said the same.
I was hoping someone that’s installed this kit successfully with a Kenwood HU would pipe up and confirm all this
Old 07-31-2018, 01:13 AM   #28
mchaggis

Quote:
Thanks guys. Will give that a go hopefully as soon as tomorrow. Wife's had me doing husband stuff, ugh, the nerve of her. But anyhow, I only have to order and install the new cabinets, sink, install 10 interior doors (and paint), new front door (and stain), and 700sqft of new flooring. But hey, no big deal right. I only just got done with all new siding and trim metal, plus hand making and installing new cedar shutters. Should be done at least by "NEVER". Sure I am the only that has to do this stuff though right.

Surely you’ve got the list knocked off by now?

Is it working yet?