Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 02-26-2018, 06:35 PM   #1
b4z

Drives: '06 Pontiac GTO M6, '19 F150 2.7TT
6th Gen Involved in Accident That Kills 3

A SS Camaro traveling between 100-120 mph in a 45 zone hits a Impala splitting it in 2 and killing the 3 occupants. Accident happened at 2 am in North Charleston SC on Rivers Ave. obviously it could’ve been any car that caused the accident but the driver was in a Camaro so I thought it would be of interest. Please by safe out there If you are thinking about putting your foot in it when others could be affected. Driver and passenger in the Camaro are still alive. Driver in the Camaro laughed and said, “we still alive, we savage as f***.” This was confirmed by both an emt and a tow truck driver.

Last edited by b4z; 03-01-2018 at 10:33 AM.
b4z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 06:38 PM   #2
RUQWIKR

Drives: 1LEs
http://www.live5news.com/story/37595...arleston-crash

Driver was drinking, on cocaine, etc. Sad...
RUQWIKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 06:40 PM   #3
b4z

Pics here.
Attached Images

Old 02-26-2018, 06:51 PM   #4
Thill444

Drives: 2020 SS1LE Shadow Gray Metallic
Seems like the morons always survive these types of situations while innocent people and their families are left devastated.
Thill444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 06:58 PM   #5
CruzinQueen

Drives: 2017 1LT RS Convertible V6 A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thill444 View Post
Seems like the morons always survive these types of situations while innocent people and their families are left devastated.
Sadly, this is true. The people in the Impala never stood a chance from the looks of it. Tragic indeed.

2019 GMC Terrain SLE 1.5T - Blue Steel Metallic/Black Cloth "Soccer Mom Spec"
CruzinQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 07:17 PM   #6
Battlezone580

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE, 1969 Nova SS 396
Horrible that something like this happens. Its very clear that self-driven cars are a necessity. Even though I'm a car guy I would have to support a ban on all self-driven cars in the future.

Over 1.25million people a year die in auto accidents around the world, that's so sad! Let's say each of those people have 30 friends and family, that's 38milllion people a year directly affected by auto accidents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thill444 View Post
An easy death would have solved nothing in my opinion. He's going to rot in jail for the rest of his life, now that's a real punishment. I doubt this type of person has enough insurance to cover a 3 million dollars plus claim, even if he gets out of jail, his wages will be garnished for life.

18 ZL1 1LE|M6|Nav|PDR|CF Hood|CF WING|CF Dash|Tow Hook|
Battlezone580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 07:28 PM   #7
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
This reminds me of a similar accident down here a while back. A kid in a vette doing triple digits (racing a mustang) t-bones a car crossing the US1 obliterating it and the 3 people inside. He and everyone in the vette survived. The other car was cut in half.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 08:27 PM   #8
b4z

SC has one of the highest traffic fatality rates in the country with about 1000 dying every year. That’s a lot of families impacted.
Old 02-26-2018, 08:43 PM   #9
'01LS1

Drives: 2003 Pete
Quote:
Originally Posted by b4z View Post
Driver in the Camaro laughed and said, “we still alive, we savage as f***.” This was confirmed by both an emt and a tow truck driver.
If in fact true... . There is really nothing fit for print for him. Maybe sobering up off of the drugs &/or alcohol will smack him hard. Feel really bad for the family of the 3 that lost their lives.
'01LS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 08:50 PM   #10
thefirstcause

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS, 2009 Mazda6 GT V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlezone580 View Post
Horrible that something like this happens. Its very clear that self-driven cars are a necessity. Even though I'm a car guy I would have to support a ban on all self-driven cars in the future.

Over 1.25million people a year die in auto accidents around the world, that's so sad! Let's say each of those people have 30 friends and family, that's 38milllion people a year directly affected by auto accidents.

An easy death would have solved nothing in my opinion. He's going to rot in jail for the rest of his life, now that's a real punishment. I doubt this type of person has enough insurance to cover a 3 million dollars plus claim, even if he gets out of jail, his wages will be garnished for life.
I'm with you on this. I love my Camaro and I'm glad I was able to get in and enjoy it in my 30s. Who knows just how soon self driving cars will become a standard, but I personally hope it happens sooner than later. I want to have my fun now but the amount of senseless deaths prevented by automated vehicles out weighs my fun on the road. We will all still be able to go to tracks and have fun there.
thefirstcause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 09:13 PM   #11
ecko04

Drives: Too many to list
I do not believe that “self driving” cars will be the end all be all of tragic accidents.

Even with self driving cars we open ourselves up to all new manners of issues. All we are really doing is attempting to shift responsibility from driver to car manufacturer to potential hackers, etc.

I feel terrible for these types of issues that occur but to default to self driving being an ultimate solution is largely unproven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
ecko04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 09:39 PM   #12
jimmypop13

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
The story said v6 Camaro but I think it's a V8 from the picture. Has the spoiler and wheels of one anyway
jimmypop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 09:52 PM   #13
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Comments like being okay with giving up your driving privilege to selfdriving cars tells me the future is more grim than I suspected. My company works on mechanical things. They fail all the time. If you think selfdriving cars are going to end vehicle deaths, I have oceanfront land in Iowa I'll give you a great deal on. It, will also be interesting watching daily hacks causing death and mayhem at will. No thanks.
Im about ready to dust off one of my cars with a carb with points to run.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 10:45 PM   #14
Tenfive

Drives: 2017 1SS camaro ,2SS a 68 + 08 C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Comments like being okay with giving up your driving privilege to selfdriving cars tells me the future is more grim than I suspected. My company works on mechanical things. They fail all the time. If you think selfdriving cars are going to end vehicle deaths, I have oceanfront land in Iowa I'll give you a great deal on. It, will also be interesting watching daily hacks causing death and mayhem at will. No thanks.
Im about ready to dust off one of my cars with a carb with points to run.
As long as its switchable , im actually for it .

Drving home in my genny 6 at 3am feeling sleepy at the wheel , it would be nice to switch on autopilot , just sayin . As long as you can turn it on or off.
Tenfive is offline   Reply With Quote