Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-02-2009, 07:31 PM   #29
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyrew View Post
I was curious. I've seen a lot of teens and young boys talk about doing mods and say "this was proven for this much this was proven for this much, add it all together and I should be at X hp. When they finally get to proving it, its about 1/2 the increase they had calculated.

I see it all the time...
Dude...you are 22. You're gonna ask someones age? I don't get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanthosV6 View Post
Actually, we're only talking about 96 chp. But as for not being doable by the general public - we'll just have to see once the cars hit the road. If I turn out to be wrong, I'll eat my words. I don't think I will be, though.

Why did you ask my age, anyway?
- Xanthos
I'm amazed that someone 21 can make a plan like this. Most are out whoring. As apposed to in here PWing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
i doubt you'll get much at all from replacing the cats. On my supercharged cobra, the typical gain is 5-7 rwhp or so going from the stock 4 cat pipe to an off road x pipe. And 20 rwhp is very optimistic for the long tubes... Maybe on an LT1 with what looked like crush bent exhaust manifolds. It's probably closer to 10-12 rwhp.
Quote:
ya, because if he raced another Camaro that didn't have nitrous, it will still be a tie
Duh...its a Mustang not the Camaro.

I really don't understand why you insist on always being negative and putting down the Camaro when your Mustang is not that great. Are you worried about something? Don't you think you should huddle up with your Mustang buds on their forum? This is XanthosV6 journal. Not the place to spout your There are places in this forum to do that..."Search" or even better ... go here: http://camaro5.com/forums/index.php

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
RT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:34 PM   #30
andyrew

Drives: Audi A4 STG3, Porsche 914 v8
I was curious if he was a 16yo dreamer. Seeing the car in his garage says to me that its possible he has never had any experience in modifying before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT21 View Post
Dude...you are 22. You're gonna ask someones age? I don't get it.
andyrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:25 PM   #31
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
I was curious if he was a 16yo dreamer. Seeing the car in his garage says to me that its possible he has never had any experience in modifying before.
gotta start somewhere
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 08:49 PM   #32
TFord
Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2000 Z28
Send a message via Yahoo to TFord
Cant wait to see the end result!
TFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:45 PM   #33
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
That is like saying you don't know anything because you don't have over a 150 post count

Xanthos, you have a great plan man, I can't wait to check your car out. Btw, looking at bits and pieces on a dyno does help you out- it may not be the same as individually adding up but in most cases it will probably be BETTER because everything is working together.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:59 AM   #34
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
I did an entire engine/tranny swap on my 86. Does that count as "any experience?"

And whats wrong with having a dream?
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 09:01 AM   #35
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
Quote:

I have not once put down the camaro. It's a nice lookin car.
Yeah, I think it's gonna perform pretty good too. Well, this is a "Camaro" forum. Still don't understand why Ford peeps hang out here. Do Ford forums just suk so bad that you have to hang out here?

Quote:
What difference does that make? This is his personal journal. You could start your own about 16 yo dreamers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
gotta start somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFord View Post
Cant wait to see the end result!
+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
That is like saying you don't know anything because you don't have over a 150 post count

Xanthos, you have a great plan man, I can't wait to check your car out. Btw, looking at bits and pieces on a dyno does help you out- it may not be the same as individually adding up but in most cases it will probably be BETTER because everything is working together.
almost make me want to go back to Oklahoma one more time....NOT one more time.

Quote:
I did an entire engine/tranny swap on my 86. Does that count as "any experience?"

- Xanthos
You go dude!!! I can't wait to see the pic and steal your ideas for mine.

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
RT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 03:31 AM   #36
Gentry78
HOOK'EM

Drives: 97 c1500/92 olds
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT21 View Post
Yeah, I think it's gonna perform pretty good too. Well, this is a "Camaro" forum. Still don't understand why Ford peeps hang out here. Do Ford forums just suk so bad that you have to hang out here?
same here man, i've gotten into it a lil with one of them before because he does the same thing, in fact the only person on this site that i don't like is another mustang owner.

anyways i can't wait to see xanthos smokin some v8's in his camaro
Gentry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:24 PM   #37
ZeeTwentyFour
Does not have a Camaro

Drives: 99 silverado Z71/66 Chevelle SS
Send a message via AIM to ZeeTwentyFour
I like what you've done here, but I think some of the numbers are more then conservative, but i have to look at your works cited when I get home to be sure. I know Long tubes can net big gains on GM v6's but this engine is too new so I'm not sure. Over all you have a good layout here, should definitely put a beating on mustangs.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:35 PM   #38
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
arent you going to have to replace the LS wheels and tires with better ones? was that part of your plan and i missed it?
lil_chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:16 PM   #39
ZeeTwentyFour
Does not have a Camaro

Drives: 99 silverado Z71/66 Chevelle SS
Send a message via AIM to ZeeTwentyFour
Look into the SLP 25% UDP too, thats good for a couple RWHP.
Old 05-01-2009, 05:26 PM   #40
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil_chef View Post
arent you going to have to replace the LS wheels and tires with better ones? was that part of your plan and i missed it?
Yes, but I didn't consider it important enough to note. I'd be getting a set of 1LT wheels, and putting some nice all-season tires on them. Haven't decided exactly which ones yet.
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:51 PM   #41
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Sounds like a neat plan to me. Even though I went V8 route, I am VERY interested in seeing what you guys can crank out with the 6. It's an amazing motor.

One question/comment: If you are getting a set of 1LT wheels, why not put summer meats on them and put winters on your stocks? Tires can improve your car performance just as much as engine stuff.
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:14 PM   #42
2010cantwait
not waiting anymore

Drives: vehicles
Quote:

- Xanthos
Go for it dude! I'm getting the SS just because, but I would love to have a V6 model also to tinker with like you plan to. It just seems to have tons of potential kicking @$$ on Mustangs.....