Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-22-2013, 09:45 AM   #1
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
C&D tests XTS V-Sport

http://mobilelink.caranddriver.com/r...rt-test-review

0-60 in 5.2, 1/4 mile in 13.6@105, really not bad considering the thing was nearly 4500 pounds! Can't wait to see what this turbo mill does in the what, 700+ pound light RWD CTS V-Sport.......
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:13 AM   #2
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I think they said that the CTS Vsport would be just under 4000 lbs, so 'only' 500 lbs lighter than the AWD XTS. GM has already said that they expect it to hit 60 in about 4.6 seconds. Don't remember seeing anything regarding the 1/4 though.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 12:55 PM   #3
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Don't forget we have an ATS-V or Vsport coming as well (not sure about the Vsport version of the ATS). It would be awful quick in that car as it would be a few hundred lbs lighter than the CTS. Of course, I don't think anything is really confirmed about the ATS-V just yet.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:22 PM   #4
right to travel

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Don't forget we have an ATS-V or Vsport coming as well (not sure about the Vsport version of the ATS). It would be awful quick in that car as it would be a few hundred lbs lighter than the CTS. Of course, I don't think anything is really confirmed about the ATS-V just yet.
ATS v sport TTV6 AWD sedan only vs 3 series bmws
ATS V LT1 RWD coupe only vs 4 series bmws

It would be pretty ballsy (and unessecary) for gm to do both but it would be kinda cool i think
right to travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:22 PM   #5
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
About what I was expecting for the review of the XTS with the 3.6TT. A big bunch of guts now lacking the chassis to go with it.

For 70 plus thousand dollars it would be tough to pass up on an S6.

But this gives us a good indicator on this engines capabilities, which seem mighty.

Curious to see what the cheapest way you can add the Vsport package....

Last edited by Number 3; 08-22-2013 at 07:52 PM.
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:00 PM   #6
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
About what I was expecting for the review of the XTS with the 3.6TT. A big bunch of guts now lacking the chassis to go with it.

For 70 plus thousand dollars it would be tough to pass up on an S6.

But this gives us a good indicator on this engines capabilities, which seem mighty.

Curious to see what the cheapest way you can add the Vsport package....
You'd almost think that by now, GM would have figured out that stuffing too much engine into not enough chassis is not a recipe for success. 2006 Impala SS anyone? Then again, the XTS is more popular than I would have guessed. Maybe there is a market for an overpowered variant.

At any rate, the ATS-V is going to be the place where that engine finds its sweet-spot.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:21 AM   #7
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
You'd almost think that by now, GM would have figured out that stuffing too much engine into not enough chassis is not a recipe for success. 2006 Impala SS anyone? Then again, the XTS is more popular than I would have guessed. Maybe there is a market for an overpowered variant.

At any rate, the ATS-V is going to be the place where that engine finds its sweet-spot.
Agreed. Maybe V/Sport wasn't the best badge, saw somewhere else (maybe this article?) they thought about just calling it the XTS Turbo, would have been better IMHO. I can't wait for the ATS-V and to see what they do with it. I think the CTS VSport should also be a very nice and interesting piece. Isn't the CTS VSport also going to have an 8 speed auto instead of a 6 speed auto? Between that and the weightloss I am going to predict a car capable of high 12s/very low 13s in the 1/4 mile.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:58 PM   #8
FrankT
400HP used to be enough..

Drives: 2010 2SS rs manual
CTS V sport will have an eight speed automatic and is the only transmission available.