Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-03-2021, 02:35 PM   #15
Risingson05

Drives: 2015 zl1
If your gonna increase boost , it’s probably a good idea to run headers . Helps keep things cool and happy as your gonna push more air into the cylinders . Coming in should be efficient as possible going out . Especially with increase cylinder temperature. Your supercharger will produce more heat ,so at some point your computer will pull timing to keep things safe . Our pistons can’t handle detonation as oppose to forged.

Also keep in mind , your stock fuel system is good for about 600whp then you’ll have to start thinking about “boost a pumps” or fuel system and injectors .

I knew that I wanted room to grow so I chose to have a fuel system instead of running a boost a pumps and what not .

Oh and congrats on the purchase !
Risingson05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 04:31 PM   #16
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro23$$ View Post
Oh ok so no headers? That makes it easy. Thank you for clarifying. Now to look for a tuner? GPI says they wont remote tune a ZL1 due to to many variables. I have no clue where to go where I am located in Spokane WA area. Let me know what you want for it. Thank you

I 'll let you research it first as the money is of little importance to me just trying to help out. I am a big fan of JRE but he requires you buy the packages from him to get the free tune so the money you spend on buying my pulley/belt might make the difference in qualifying for the free tune.
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 06:14 PM   #17
Risingson05

Drives: 2015 zl1
I donít know the exact threshold at which point the intercooler brick will fail
But at some point with increased boost it can .
Same goes for the spring isolator ..

If it were me Iíd take care of the supporting stuff first so you wonít run into any issues once you start ramping the motor up.
Risingson05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 11:55 PM   #18
Camaro23$$

Drives: 2013 ZL1 & 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
You can run JRE no tune package found here.

https://jannettyracing.com/collectio...015-camaro-zl1

But you'll end up running the tune package after a while... its just too much fun.

https://jannettyracing.com/products/...015-camaro-zl1

And then realized your missing out on even more fun with their 125rwhp package! Lol. It's kinda how this mod think goes.

https://jannettyracing.com/products/...015-camaro-zl1
Love the car man! Red is my fav. I bought a yellow which is a second choice for me behind the red. She sure is Purdy! And thanks for the links. Now you got me wanting to spend more money Itís an addiction for sure! I used to build Turbo Quads back in the day and take them to the dunes. Crazy fun times and super addicting!

2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS, LS3, GPI SS1 Cam, GPI Cam Kit, LS9 Head Gasket, Upgraded Valley Cover, Upgraded Crank Bolt, Lifter Trays, CHE Trunnion Kit, BTR Platinum Valve Springs, GPI Hardened Push Rods, GPI Phase Limiter, Upgraded Lifters, Corsa Dual Exhaust, Cold Air Intake, Headers.
Camaro23$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 11:55 PM   #19
Camaro23$$

Drives: 2013 ZL1 & 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Risingson05 View Post
If your gonna increase boost , itís probably a good idea to run headers . Helps keep things cool and happy as your gonna push more air into the cylinders . Coming in should be efficient as possible going out . Especially with increase cylinder temperature. Your supercharger will produce more heat ,so at some point your computer will pull timing to keep things safe . Our pistons canít handle detonation as oppose to forged.

Also keep in mind , your stock fuel system is good for about 600whp then youíll have to start thinking about ďboost a pumpsĒ or fuel system and injectors .

I knew that I wanted room to grow so I chose to have a fuel system instead of running a boost a pumps and what not .

Oh and congrats on the purchase !
Thanks man! Super excited to have this car! And thank you for the info! Headers is definitely on my list!

2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS, LS3, GPI SS1 Cam, GPI Cam Kit, LS9 Head Gasket, Upgraded Valley Cover, Upgraded Crank Bolt, Lifter Trays, CHE Trunnion Kit, BTR Platinum Valve Springs, GPI Hardened Push Rods, GPI Phase Limiter, Upgraded Lifters, Corsa Dual Exhaust, Cold Air Intake, Headers.
Camaro23$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 03:41 PM   #20
Abrahams11SS

Drives: 2013 ZL1 V3RT
Headers are a must. I swapped my 1 7/8 inch for 2 inch headers and love them. But it’s a way tighter fit. Had some issues with rattling til we got it all dialed in.
Catch can for sure.
Solid isolator. Mine went out like 1000 miles after I bought it. Bought mine with 11k miles.sitting around 21 now.
I swapped to Michelin 4s tires pretty quickly. Loved a set of Nt05r but couldn’t keep it up with the Florida rain.
Re-enforce the brick is my next mod with a better heat exchanger.
Abrahams11SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 04:51 PM   #21
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Love the car man! Red is my fav. I bought a yellow which is a second choice for me behind the red. She sure is Purdy! And thanks for the links. Now you got me wanting to spend more money Itís an addiction for sure! I used to build Turbo Quads back in the day and take them to the dunes. Crazy fun times and super addicting!

Remember I use an ATI Damper so not sure of any compatibility issues with this 10% ring with a NON ATI Damper. Both belts as one was a spare, ring was on the car for a summer. If you want to proceed private message back and I will work out a Paypal for $100 including shipping.
Attached Images

ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2022, 12:13 AM   #22
Farmboy

Drives: Chevrolet camaro
Quote:
Hello, I just purchased a Yellow 2013 ZL1! What a freaking cool car. It only has 17K miles on it. Super excited about this car! For all you ZL1 owners out there is there anything I should know about this car? Cool features that arenít obvious? This is all new to me on this one!

Ill post some pics tomorrow. I just got it today and its dark. Thank you!
Well I'll be darned I'm going to pick up a rally yellow 2013 Z tomorrow with 10200 miles on it. A convertible!
Farmboy is offline   Reply With Quote