Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-13-2011, 07:23 PM   #71
AlaskaZ06

Drives: 1968 RS/SS 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy@Livernois View Post
I fully support this plan for some reason lol!
I figured you would approve
1993 Ruby Red 40th Anniversary Corvette convertible
1971 Corvette convertible
1968 RS/SS 396 Camaro
2009 335i xdrive BMW[/B]
AlaskaZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:40 PM   #72
SS35th

Drives: Silverado
Is the MRS going to be standard and not an option?
SS35th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:46 PM   #73
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
If I had the money....

bigger S/C
stroke it to a 440ci.
Stage 4 heads/cam
Upgrade pulley
2" headers w/ cats
Race Intake
Bullet proof the whole rear
Race suspension
CF all the body panels
and the list goes on....

GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 09:04 PM   #74
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS35th View Post
Is the MRS going to be standard and not an option?
Magnetic Ride Control?

Yes.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:25 PM   #75
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
600 HP....most people have no clue what that feels like. I can't believe they are actually producing this car. The uninitiated will be saying lots of expletives once they mat the pedal for the first time, thank God they survived the ride, and modify nothing because it on the outer limits of streetable sanity already. Only the hard core adrenaline junkies, speed freaks and card carrying motor heads will modify it. I don't think I will mod mine. I believe Chevy will tweak the easier first thing on the list HP gainers most people do before the final production. The ZL1 is just plain flat out spectacular, and will probably break 12.0 from the factory. OMG, sweaty palms with perma grin. Also folks please stop with all the poverty lines. We are mostly all in the same boat. You only get what you pay for in this world. GM and Chevy will develop and deliver the best product they can for a fair competitive price. You can't drink chapagne for beer prices. I am prepared to do whatever it takes to secure one, knowing I wont have to dump 12K into my 2SS to make it what I wanted when they are making it next year the way I wanted one, only far, far better than I could have possibly expected. I am a product specific loyalist, Camaro. I know what I want...a ZL1, if it costs 53K, I will find a way to be able to afford it. Simple. Eat pork and beans to have the car? You betcha!.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:46 PM   #76
hairtrigger

Drives: 69 Chevelle SS396 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
600 HP....most people have no clue what that feels like. I can't believe they are actually producing this car. The uninitiated will be saying lots of expletives once they mat the pedal for the first time, thank God they survived the ride, and modify nothing because it on the outer limits of streetable sanity already. Only the hard core adrenaline junkies, speed freaks and card carrying motor heads will modify it. I don't think I will mod mine. I believe Chevy will tweak the easier first thing on the list HP gainers most people do before the final production. The ZL1 is just plain flat out spectacular, and will probably break 12.0 from the factory. OMG, sweaty palms with perma grin. Also folks please stop with all the poverty lines. We are mostly all in the same boat. You only get what you pay for in this world. GM and Chevy will develop and deliver the best product they can for a fair competitive price. You can't drink chapagne for beer prices. I am prepared to do whatever it takes to secure one, knowing I wont have to dump 12K into my 2SS to make it what I wanted when they are making it next year the way I wanted one, only far, far better than I could have possibly expected. I am a product specific loyalist, Camaro. I know what I want...a ZL1, if it costs 53K, I will find a way to be able to afford it. Simple. Eat pork and beans to have the car? You betcha!.
Exactly, as I said before, my Chevelle has 550 hp and runs high tens at almost 3900 lbs race weight.

But it hooks, and that is the only difference between my Chevelle and the new ZL1. Now if you can get the ZL1 to hook with slicks, it should take the punishment with the heavier duty drivetrain they have told us about.

So the ZL1 could run in the 11's in this case, completely stock.

That is an extremely fast production car and way more than the average guy who doesn't race is used to.

Modding for actual racing will be for the racer who wants go tens, but anything under 11.5 requires a roll bar. Modifying the ZL1 for the street with no traction will be a complete waste of money IMO
Old 02-14-2011, 12:32 AM   #77
import_killa

Drives: 2SS IBM
Its a awesome looking car but no need on getting one I have more HP and TQ than the ZL1 has. If I were to try and make the same HP that I have now it would cost way more, you would have to change cam and SC which imo wouldnt make any sense. I'll just blow the doors off the ZL1 when one pulls up....lol
1 7/8 AR headers, roto-fab CAI with radiator, fuse box, and valve cover, cam, upgraded fuel system with 85lb injectors, under drive pulley, TVS 2300 S/C, muffler delete, aftermarket wheels, AAC headlights fogs sidemarkers footwell dome and trunk lights.....That's 659.9 RWHP 611.9RWTQ

T
import_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:33 AM   #78
PeeBee

Drives: "Bee" ZL585, Dark Blue Suburban.
When I bought my Tuscan (400bhp, 1060kg car) I said I'd leave that standard. After the conrods gave in at the crank... I went SC all the way.

As for the ZL1: definitely will mod it, both cosmetically and performance wise.

Cosmetically: T2 front fascia and hood (don't like the T3 front and the heat extractors). I know they may be functional but just prefer the T2 ram air hood looks wise

Performance wise: forged pistons, and reinforced internals (conrods and the lot), pulley/SC swap to up the power and lose/replace every unnecessary heavy bit
PeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:30 AM   #79
Keenov

Drives: None ATM
If I go through with buying the ZL1, I would be buying it to enjoy it and modify it to my liking and needs. Which normally means more power and making sure that power meets the ground. I would hardly touch the exterior, with the exception of tasteful mods (tint, different color bowtie, etc).

Just because the car is expensive and may one day be valuable, if I have the last ZL1 on earth, doesn't turn me away from modifying it.
Keenov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:12 PM   #80
29er

Drives: 14 1LE Garage King
yes, but lightly.replace those wheels with the ssx model..and dropping the suspension.black window tint.&scrap that ugly shifter knob!
29er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:21 PM   #81
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurst equipped View Post
yes, but lightly.replace those wheels with the ssx model..and dropping the suspension.black window tint.&scrap that ugly shifter knob!
I like your style
Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:27 PM   #82
CAMARO-ECSTASY

Drives: 1999 Camaro
if i get it i probably won't mod it performance wise but cosmetically i would
CAMARO-ECSTASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:55 PM   #83
Thorlius

Drives: '08 Corvette 2LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueclyde View Post
Yes, I want to have it hold as much value as possible. Maybe in twenty years it will be worth something. Granted it is not an investment and that's not why I am buying one. I will enjoy it. It will be the model's top marker. Yes, it is smart to keep the warranty in tact.

True hot rodders don't buy a brand new car. True hot rodders buy an old car and restore it. If money was no object then I can see your point but I'm guessing money is important to most people these days.

My point is if you want to mod a car I can't see why you would buy a ZL1.
This... I am buying the thing because I love driving, and I want a nice car to do it in. I will probably keep my Cobalt around as a beater for the Canadian weather, but the ZL1 will see the odd commute on nice days - where I am sure it get a lot of attention in the parking lot - some trips to cottage country, and some nights out. But other than that, it'll be tucked up nice and tight in the garage. No track or drag strip in my plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
This is EXACTLY what I'm planning. One of the things that when was selling my Z06, was the fact it had 3M clear bra and the new owner was very impressed with front of the car, from bugs and rocks.

Once the warranty is over, CAI, headers and tune. But with the price of gas keeping going up, I wonder how much it's going to be per gallon for 93 by mid 2012. And whether it will be my DD car or weekend car.
I'm not against this train of thought anyways... Then again, this is coming from a guy who never got around to adding a CAI into my old GTP.

Normal people couldn't fathom 550+HP. It's not a regular occurrence for most to even see a vehicle with that kind of power. Cars with this kind of power/performance are less 1 in 1000... Those lucky enough to ride the thing - myself included - will be more than happy with it. Hell, it should be a treat for pedestrians and other drivers to just see one of these passing by. And that's why I'd be happy with leaving it stock.
Thorlius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:39 PM   #84
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
If I do get one way down the road after the SS is built and I buy and pay off a truck I would get a CGM ZL1 and PC the rims black, 35% tint all around, wire the exhaust baffles to a switch, SW headers w/cats, RF intake, smaller SC pulley, dyno tune and MGW shifter. Should be a solid low 11/ high 10 car and could be very easily put back to stock.
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote