Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 08:43 PM   #85
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
and from my understanding, when you take a stock car, and push the gas 50% of the way down, not only is there a lag, but you also don't get 50% throttle response, you get less. With this, you would get 50% throttle, instantly. basically getting what you want from the car.
I'm glad you call me a troll but clearly took no time to understand the explanation and discussion I posted above.

In your hypothetical of pressing the pedal down 50%, you get whatever the manufacturer programmed the throttle input to be when the pedal is pressed down 50%. This device does not reduce throttle response time, it just increases input, you don't get anything instantly.

Please go re read what I posted because it is a full explanation in detail and maybe you can figure out where you are getting confused because you clearly do not understand the difference between throttle input and response.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:49 PM   #86
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
also, from my understanding, when pressing the gas pedal all the way to the floor, you don't get 100% throttle. you get whatever the stock ECU gives you. normally around 80-95% throttle with a drive-by-wire. whereas with this, you get 100%.

I know what I feel. everyone that's driven my car with this has also felt a difference. it's not making people feel a magical increase in response, like an illusion. My head snaps back into the seat after this mod. I don't know all the inner workings of the throttle controller, but the response I get from it, is well worth the money. I also plan on going to the track when they open in October. i'll run with it at SP0 and SP9.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:55 PM   #87
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
also, from my understanding, when pressing the gas pedal all the way to the floor, you don't get 100% throttle. you get whatever the stock ECU gives you. normally around 80-95% throttle with a drive-by-wire. whereas with this, you get 100%.

I know what I feel. everyone that's driven my car with this has also felt a difference. it's not making people feel a magical increase in response, like an illusion. My head snaps back into the seat after this mod. I don't know all the inner workings of the throttle controller, but the response I get from it, is well worth the money. I also plan on going to the track when they open in October. i'll run with it at SP0 and SP9.
So basically your response is, "I dont care at all what your analysis I know Im right." Well my friend, you have been duped by the illusion. If you want to open your eyes and learn, the answers are above for you.

Please let me know how your track times go, assuming it is drag racing. You will run nearly identical times. In fact you might even be slower because the increased throttle input will probably make the car much harder to launch. Dont be fooled, your car is no faster at all with this device installed.

The fact that you think your car might be faster with this should set off alarms in your head that something is not right.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:56 PM   #88
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkneSS View Post
I'm glad you call me a troll but clearly took no time to understand the explanation and discussion I posted above.

In your hypothetical of pressing the pedal down 50%, you get whatever the manufacturer programmed the throttle input to be when the pedal is pressed down 50%. This device does not reduce throttle response time, it just increases input, you don't get anything instantly.

Please go re read what I posted because it is a full explanation in detail and maybe you can figure out where you are getting confused because you clearly do not understand the difference between throttle input and response.
even after reading your post, i'm still confused. with faster input, do you not get a faster output? what's the point of faster input, if you don't feel anything from it? that's not what's happening. if it's just faster input, and it didn't change anything else, then you wouldn't feel anything. That's not what's happening. With faster input, you are getting a faster output. I don't think the cars faster reaction is just a figment of our imaginations.

also, I've gone down an empty road and smashed the gas on zero setting, and on the highest setting. there is a huge difference...
Old 09-29-2014, 08:59 PM   #89
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
So basically your response is, "I dont care at all what your analysis I know Im right." Well my friend, you have been duped by the illusion. If you want to open your eyes and learn, the answers are above for you.

Please let me know how your track times go, assuming it is drag racing. You will run nearly identical times. In fact you might even be slower because the increased throttle input will probably make the car much harder to launch. Dont be fooled, your car is no faster at all with this device installed.

The fact that you think your car might be faster with this should set off alarms in your head that something is not right.
someone already went down the 1/8th mile, and saw improvements. with a v6 auto. but yes, i'll be going down a 1/4 drag strip. Also, i'm not claiming this will make me faster, and I have no expectations. it's definitely more fun to drive though. actually, i'm expecting about as much as what a ported throttle body will help in the 1/4 mile, which is basically nothing. But I hope i'm wrong.

also, if all I do is spin, there are 8 other settings I can try.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:12 PM   #90
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
even after reading your post, i'm still confused. with faster input, do you not get a faster output? what's the point of faster input, if you don't feel anything from it? that's not what's happening. if it's just faster input, and it didn't change anything else, then you wouldn't feel anything. That's not what's happening. With faster input, you are getting a faster output. I don't think the cars faster reaction is just a figment of our imaginations.

also, I've gone down an empty road and smashed the gas on zero setting, and on the highest setting. there is a huge difference...
The input is being increased, giving the illusion that the input is faster. The time from the input being received by the ECM and then sent to the throttle body actuator and then the engine physically revving up, remains unchanged.
Again, the input signal is being increased, so a larger input is then sent to the ECM than with stock. The more input the ECM receives, the more it opens the throttle body, and the higher the engine revs up.
This is where the illusion comes in because with more input there is more power through higher revs. The more input you give, the faster the car goes. Your mind is used to the car accelerating at a certain rate based off how far you press the pedal.

Try again with flooring it, I can assure you there is no difference at WOT. There cannot be because the ECM has not been tuned, its still receiving the same signal. Press the pedal the floor FAST as you should be anyway. You will achieve the same result.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:18 PM   #91
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
The input is being increased, giving the illusion that the input is faster. The time from the input being received by the ECM and then sent to the throttle body actuator and then the engine physically revving up, remains unchanged.
Again, the input signal is being increased, so a larger input is then sent to the ECM than with stock. The more input the ECM receives, the more it opens the throttle body, and the higher the engine revs up.
This is where the illusion comes in because with more input there is more power through higher revs. The more input you give, the faster the car goes. Your mind is used to the car accelerating at a certain rate based off how far you press the pedal.

Try again with flooring it, I can assure you there is no difference at WOT. There cannot be because the ECM has not been tuned, its still receiving the same signal. Press the pedal the floor FAST as you should be anyway. You will achieve the same result.
I understand what you are saying, but the results are not doing what you are saying. from a complete stop, and pedal mashed to the floor, there is that hesitation and accelerates. then with the highest setting, smash the gas the same way, there is a very small hesitation, almost none, and my head goes back into the seat and the wheels lose traction. I had my friend drive my car, and he felt the same.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:20 PM   #92
PoorMansCamaro

best way I can describe it, is with other cars that have different stock driving settings, like sport mode, sport plus mode, etc. Not sure if those things are essentially doing the same thing or not, but the feeling is about the same.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:27 PM   #93
PoorMansCamaro

there is also a video from someone. i'll try to find it
Old 09-29-2014, 09:27 PM   #94
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Where your logic doesn't hold is in the electronics of the pedal is a built in delay electronically. The throttle controller seems to have a built in lead to offset the delay giving you a faster ramping signal to the ecm. No matter how fast you smash the throttle the signal is delayed internally without the throttle controller. These type of controller are used to compensate for sluggish actuators on many type systems.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:30 PM   #95
lownslowss
PaPa Smurf

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Even if the name were changed to Throttle Pedal Sensitivity Changing Device, I would still purchase it again. Go away troll..... You are more than welcome to pm Vitesse and argue this with him. Or, start your own thread and don't hijack this one. It does what people wanted it to do and people are getting the results they wanted/expected if not more.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:33 PM   #96
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
I understand what you are saying, but the results are not doing what you are saying. from a complete stop, and pedal mashed to the floor, there is that hesitation and accelerates. then with the highest setting, smash the gas the same way, there is a very small hesitation, almost none, and my head goes back into the seat and the wheels lose traction. I had my friend drive my car, and he felt the same.
That just doesn't make any sense and you kind of contradicted yourself a lot. You say there is small hesitation, and then right after that say there is none, which is it? If the wheels are spinning and you are losing traction then your head is not going to be put back into your seat because to feel torque you need acceleration and traction. You also have a V6 which isn't that torquey.
This thing also does nothing to increase the torque of the car so whether it is on or off there is no way you can feel any difference in power output because the power output has not changed. You are implying that without this thing on your head doesn't go back into your seat which is illogical.

Sorry bro but its all in your head.

"My head snaps back into the seat after this mod."

Again there is no difference in torque/power output and no reduction of throttle response thus the car is not faster in anyway. Its the $300 or whatever you spent clouding judgment.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:38 PM   #97
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
so by your logic if you slowly push the accelerator it will feel the same as pressing the accelerator fast. This devise speeds up the response time to wot, I am not sure but even at WOT the throttle only reaches about 80-85% full, this devise just gets it there faster. the actuator on the throttle body only reacts as fast as the computer allows, now it can react faster, more power, not necessarily, but faster throttle response. Ever win a race depressing your gas pedal slowly....
Old 09-29-2014, 09:39 PM   #98
PoorMansCamaro

Quote:
That just doesn't make any sense and you kind of contradicted yourself a lot. You say there is small hesitation, and then right after that say there is none, which is it? If the wheels are spinning and you are losing traction then your head is not going to be put back into your seat because to feel torque you need acceleration and traction. You also have a V6 which isn't that torquey.
This thing also does nothing to increase the torque of the car so whether it is on or off there is no way you can feel any difference in power output because the power output has not changed. You are implying that without this thing on your head doesn't go back into your seat which is illogical.

Sorry bro but its all in your head.

"My head snaps back into the seat after this mod."

Again there is no difference in torque/power output and no reduction of throttle response thus the car is not faster in anyway. Its the $300 or whatever you spent clouding judgment.
i'm only trying to be proper, because no matter what, there can't be instant response. there will always be some kind of hesitation. even if it's .0000000001 of a second.

and no, i'm not implying anything. trolls like to put words in peoples mouths. my head also goes back when accelerating stock, but not as fast as with this mod.

again, no one is saying there is an increase in power or torque.

and it was $150. you've never even tried it, which makes you even more shady. how about this, try it, then send it back because you don't like it, for your money back. then you can come back on here and talk crap. Until then, you have no idea what you are talking about, except for what other forum member say, and use their opinions as your analysis.

Closed Thread