Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-12-2013, 09:20 AM   #15
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
How do you have it setup so you can adjust the rears? Also, what's your current drop?
I drilled out two holes for the extenders to come through. Added a nice rubber grommet on both sides and it gets covered by the carpet. I haven't decided if I want them to extend through the carpet yet. Oh and also I did the entire install myself in my driveway on jackstands. Pretty easy stuff.

From my Note
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:38 AM   #16
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Like this....Mike @ Whiteside did my install and cut the wholes for me. 2" round wholes and some 2" desk gromets from Lowes glued in works perfect.

Some people freak on cutting holes in their trunk. It didn't bother me. It's not big enough of a whole to cause structural issues. If you're super concerned about it you could keep the pieces that get cut out and have them welded back in some day.
Attached Images

-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:11 PM   #17
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ View Post
I drilled out two holes for the extenders to come through. Added a nice rubber grommet on both sides and it gets covered by the carpet. I haven't decided if I want them to extend through the carpet yet. Oh and also I did the entire install myself in my driveway on jackstands. Pretty easy stuff.

From my Note
How hard is it to DIY? Suspension is the only component I'm scared to do myself because I don't want to end up with a botched install and miserable ride. Well at least springs/coilovers. I've done my front sway and trailing arms myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Like this....Mike @ Whiteside did my install and cut the wholes for me. 2" round wholes and some 2" desk gromets from Lowes glued in works perfect.

Some people freak on cutting holes in their trunk. It didn't bother me. It's not big enough of a whole to cause structural issues. If you're super concerned about it you could keep the pieces that get cut out and have them welded back in some day.
I'm not concerned at all about drilling the holes. I'd much prefer that than no holes so I can adjust the coilovers easier. Just want input from others that they're worth the money

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 01:48 AM   #18
bkscott

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Well I am closing in on 40K with mine. And They seem to have gotten better with age. I daily drive mine about 60 miles per day and still enjoy them today as much as I did when they were 1st installed.

I have the BC Racing also bought and installed by Mike @ Whitesidecustoms.

ADM CAI, Borla Type S Cat Back, VMAX Ported TB, LG Short Throw Shifter, 1LE Shocks, Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Cradle Bushing Inserts, Custom Powdercoated ZL1's ,Michelin Pilot Supersports, Stainless Power Headers, Solo J Pipes, AAC LED Sidemarkers, ZL1 Rockers, SLP Splitter, ADM Stage II Cam,ZL1 Diffuser,Vitesse Throttle Controller.

bkscott is offline   Reply With Quote